PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Specs Camera Question
Governor312
post Fri, 14 May 2010 - 14:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,790

Ok a stuipid question i guess but how do the Specs cameras work out your speed? For example if i was going round M25 where there are quite a few of these cameras operating with a 50mph speed limit, what sort of tollerance do you have going through them, is it the normal 10% +2? Also if i drove through them at 50mph is this my average speed between the points, as i understood that was not the case, but maths beats me every time!!! mellow.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Governor312
post Fri, 14 May 2010 - 14:43
Post #2

Member No.: 32,790

I am not aware of any SPECS installations which have resulted in NIPs being issued for speeds less than 10% plus 2mph in excess of the posted limit.

So i drive M25 route everynight with the 50mph roadworks, in my work as a trucker, my truck is limited to 56mph, although Satnav says 54, so i am below the 10% +2 margin if i carried on with this speed? Also am i correct in saying that most speedos ore not actually correct, ie the differance between my speedo readout & satnav speed??

+Quote Post
nemo
post Fri, 14 May 2010 - 14:55
Post #3

Member No.: 2,073

QUOTE (Governor312 @ Fri, 14 May 2010 - 15:43) *
So i drive M25 route everynight with the 50mph roadworks, in my work as a trucker, my truck is limited to 56mph, although Satnav says 54, so i am below the 10% +2 margin if i carried on with this speed?

Whilst a true vehicle speed of 54mph is likely to be below the enforcement threshold, it would be no defence to an allegation of excess speed to state that 'some bloke on the internet told me.....'.

QUOTE (Governor312 @ Fri, 14 May 2010 - 15:43) *
Also am i correct in saying that most speedos ore not actually correct,

The size of error is likely to vary from speedo to speedo. But it's worth noting that speedometers must not display a speed which is lower than the true vehicle speed.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here