PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Signs planted and then pictures taken...
Slumberished
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 18:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,469

Hello from newbie, hope someone can help.

Whilst dropping my daughter off for her lesson, I parked on a parking bay adjacent to the main road near an industrial estate. This parking bay has been regularly used by parents dropping off their children and I have been doing this for more than a year. There are no signs indicating parking restriction of any kind.

Today on returning to the car I found a parking sign suddenly appeared in front of my car on a pole (wasn’t there 5 min before when I parked). Puzzled, I started looking around and noticed a guy planting signs (mostly placed in the hedge) and then taking pictures of cars parked. I confronted him but he just ignored me and continued to take pictures. The sign says £100 penalty for parking on private land.

Few of us exchanged details to be witnesses to this abhorent behaviour by that guy, just in case they issue a penalty notice. Is this legally enforceable? Thanks for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 18:18
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
MatchlessG80
post Sat, 16 Jun 2018 - 11:11
Post #21

Member No.: 97,620

Would it be worthwhile - if the OP is inclined - to go back at some point soon and see if the signs are still there?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 16 Jun 2018 - 11:19
Post #22

Member No.: 49,223

What would be great is to see if this is a well rehearsed routine and film them doing it. It’s potentially criminal...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Slumberished
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 06:12
Post #23

Many thanks to everyone for their comments. I'm happy to take any action even before the notice arrives. Please advise.

Shame that I coudnt video him planting the signs in the hedge but there are witnesses.

+Quote Post
MatchlessG80
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 11:30
Post #24

Just been looking at their website, specifically the privacy notice, where they say ....

'Complain
If you wish to raise a complaint about how your data has been handled please email dataprotectionofficer@selectparking.co.uk. If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your concern then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 03301239765'

The number given does not take you to the ICO, but to ( ..... hold on ....) Moorcroft debt recovery ..... and I doubt they share their 'help' line with the ICO.

This post has been edited by MatchlessG80: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 11:36

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 11:42
Post #25

Member No.: 317

I'd consider a pre-emptive strike on this
1/ To the DVLA informing them of what was observed and that their could be no reasonable cause if they apply for the RK data, back it up with formal complaints if/when they do.
2/ To them as RK, appealing on the sole basis of the sign erection and again mentioning potential breaches of the DPA 2018 if they obtain your data, may just head them off from doing it.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 11:50
Post #26

Member No.: 21,992

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:42) *
1/ To the DVLA informing them of what was observed and that their could be no reasonable cause if they apply for the RK data, back it up with formal complaints if/when they do.
2/ To them as RK, appealing on the sole basis of the sign erection and again mentioning potential breaches of the DPA 2018 if they obtain your data, may just head them off from doing it.

But by doing #2, they won't need to do it.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:23
Post #27

Member No.: 60,457

If they don't contact the DVLA then they are lost in claiming against the keeper.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:41
Post #28

Member No.: 15,642

...and the quick way to confirm they havent used your DVLA info is to give a slightly "wrong" address for you, that would still result in the post being delivered.

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:27
Post #29

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:42) *

Maybe include in #1 a GDPR-related point. Considering the circumstances, they (the data controller) must contact you first before handing over your details, particularly if there is not normally any manual intervention in this handover. There's a thread somewhere following this line (on MSE, I think). The DVLA will ignore, and have already pushed back on this approach. But the fact that you point this out now to them may be to your advantage later, when you can say "told you so" to the DVLA.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 15:05
Post #30

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 15:27) *
Maybe include in #1 a GDPR-related point. Considering the circumstances, they (the data controller) must contact you first before handing over your details,

I would disagree, its either lawful or its not, if it is lawful there is no need for the DC to contact the subject, if its unlawful they shouldn't be handing it over regardless, so I think that adds nothing.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
MatchlessG80
post Thu, 21 Jun 2018 - 13:32
Post #31

Their web site now seems to have vanished (might be temporary), I complained to the ICO about them using the ICO logo (as many parking companies do to add spurious credibility to their activities - as far as I can see). I don't know if the events are related. Might be a case for trading standards.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Thu, 21 Jun 2018 - 13:35
Post #32

Member No.: 96,238

It's certainly reportable to Trading Standards if they reject an appeal regarding a car that was parked before the signs were erected

+Quote Post
Slumberished
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 16:12
Post #33

RK received the ‘Parking Charge Notice to Keeper’ today (11th July). Actually, the incident happened on 15th June.

However the notice says, Parking Charge Date of issue as 20th April !!! (nothing issued, no windscreen ticket, no ANPR, the attendant was busy taking some pictures on his mobile phone when I returned)

Don’t know what these cowboys are on about. Even If it’s 20th April, PCN was issued to RK more than 80 days since the incident. Please advise how to play with this PCN. Thank you.

This is the picture of the sign planted after parking.

[attachment=56536:select.jpg]

This post has been edited by Slumberished: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 16:16

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 16:22
Post #34

Member No.: 49,223

Does it claim keeper liability?

The DVLA needs to know about this... if the wrong date was used for KADOE then wrong keeper details could be in play.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Slumberished
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 16:45
Post #35

Does not mention about keeper's liability. Ta.

This post has been edited by Slumberished: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:41

+Quote Post
Slumberished
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:41
Post #36

Adding further info:-

1. There is no information of when the breach occurred. Period of Parking- from N/A, To N/A
2. The stated place where the breach occurred is NOT where the car was parked. The address provided is a total lie and correspond to parking spaces in a series of industrial units on the other side of the road. The car was parked in unmarked parking spaces by the main road and far away from any industrial units.
3. No evidence of parking provided (APNR images, pictures etc)
4. Date and Time of Issue: 20th April. This predates the actual incident date. However, the car was also parked in the same place on 20th April (lessons for Children every Friday) but no signs were in place on that day. Hence I’m not sure if the PCN received today is related to my original topic.
5. RK was served PCN approximately after 81 days (going by the incident date as claimed). The footer of the letter states Notice to Keeper – non PoFA

How do we fight this please?

The appeal body is not POPLA but IAS which I understand is akin to asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

This post has been edited by Slumberished: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:44

+Quote Post
bobthesod
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:57
Post #37

Member No.: 93,755

Slumberished

You haven't 'amended your original post to show that 'THE DRIVER PARKED>>>>.......THE DRIVER SAW>>>>>>......> as recommended

Please do it asap

+Quote Post
Slumberished
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 19:01
Post #38

QUOTE (bobthesod @ Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 19:57) *
Slumberished

You haven't 'amended your original post to show that 'THE DRIVER PARKED>>>>.......THE DRIVER SAW>>>>>>......> as recommended

Please do it asap

Thanks bobthesod. Sorry, but I cant edit, the edit option is not showing for me huh.gif

Can a Mod do it please?

This post has been edited by Slumberished: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 19:15

+Quote Post
kommando
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 19:26
Post #39

Member No.: 57,558

Hit the report button and ask for assistance.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 19:59
Post #40

Member No.: 96,238

Confirms our suspicions that the company is not the most ethical

Did you appeal that the signs were in process of being erected, as advised ?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 12:24
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here