Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Charge Notice in Car Park
fosspi
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 14:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,445

Good Afternoon,

A parking charge notice was placed on my car the other day in a car park I use practically every day for work.

You pay for the car park online and I simply forgot to log in and pay, so realise that doesn't give me much of a leg to stand on, but thought it worth checking here.

I have received tickets in the same car park before (due to other bouts of forgetfulness) and have paid them due to not noticing the difference between a Penalty PCN and a Parking PCN, so it is possible they have my details already, though unlikely due to GDPR I imagine?

I wondered if there is any advice as to how I could end up without paying the large fee considering I park there every day?

It's worth noting that my car is a company car, therefore I am not the registered keeper and don't want them receiving constant communication so imagine giving my details to Premier Parking Logistics would be recommended?

Also, I note that it says they are an accredited operator with 'International Parking Committee'. This company doesn't seem to exist (potential an old name for the IPC?) but on the IPC website it says they are a member. Is the use of this old name grounds for appeal?

In addition, if I lose the appeal, will I be liable to the full amount as opposed to the reduced amount?

Please see a scrubbed scan below:

Many thanks,

Fosspi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 14:43
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 15:37
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

So the first thing you do is edit your post so that the identity of the drive cannot be inferred. Use "the driver....." etc.

Is this something like a railway station car park?

You send in an appeal AS THE KEEPER so that it arrives on day 26 after the alleged breach. Claim for anything, bad signage, raining what ever. There are some large appeals both here and on MSE forum. Slightly modify your address so that it is different from that recorded on the V5, such as Greene instead of Green for example.

The object of the exercise is to get them to write to you as the keeper without sending a Notice to Keeper before day 56 and save £2.50 by not getting your details from the DVLA. (hence the address suggestion so that you can tell). No DVLA access = no keeper liability, similarly no NTK before day 56 = no keeper liability.

International Parking Community is new name for the independent Parking Committee Looks like they can't even get that right !! The old name got so much bad press that they changed it. The new name is just as bad. We won't go into the Independant Appeals Service !!

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 15:39
Post #3

Member No.: 91,235

You say it is a company car.

Is it leased?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 15:56
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (fosspi @ Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 15:43) *
I have received tickets in the same car park before (due to other bouts of forgetfulness) and have paid them due to not noticing the difference between a Penalty PCN and a Parking PCN, so it is possible they have my details already, though unlikely due to GDPR I imagine?

They may have your details but they cannot assume anything. They will either have to use the information that's sent to them - or access the DVLA. (Indeed, they have to access the DVLA to attempt 'keeper liability' - the process described above is to frustrate this) 'Misuse' of personal information could be a data protection issue but there's nothing yet to assert this.

Also, I note that it says they are an accredited operator with 'International Parking Committee'. This company doesn't seem to exist (potential an old name for the IPC?) but on the IPC website it says they are a member. Is the use of this old name grounds for appeal?

They are a sole trader on the IPC website - here. I don't see a particular issue?

In addition, if I lose the appeal, will I be liable to the full amount as opposed to the reduced amount?

You will lose any appeal - but that's not an issue. Rejection of an initial appeal will maintain the reduced amount.

They are not litigious - here.

There is a small risk that non-payment could result in them attempting to prevent you parking in the future.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 15:57

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 13 Sep 2018 - 16:17
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

I missed the lease car bit! This gives a backstop in that very few PPCs get it right for keeper liability with lease cars. In case they do decide to go to the DVLA tell your company about it and tell them you are handling. You may find you company are leasing the cars anyway from another company and they will get the very first NTK and then they will write to your company. Impress on your company that you are the keeper of the car and that is how they must handle it.

All this will only work if they don't know who the driver is so get editing, as advised.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:02
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here