Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Bristol Airport
white_ford_taxi
post Fri, 21 Feb 2020 - 16:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,964

Good afternoon everyone,

I operate a taxi service in Devon and am in the process of appealing a PCN on behalf of a driver, that was issued 02/01/2020 (Happy New Year!)
I appealed as they had the wrong time (09:02) on the ticket and our vehicle was nowhere near the airport at that time.
I then received a letter via e-mail from them (VCS) dated 27/01/2020 saying "Please be advised that the original Charge Notice issued to you contained an administrative error and a corrected Charge Notice has been re-issued"
So, next to arrive (Via post) was a PCN/HN issued 27/01/2020 stating the time as 19:02.
I appealed again, as they would not have been aware of their "administrative error" had I not told them our car was not there at the original time of Contravention.
This second appeal has come back as unsuccessful, next step is to appeal to the IAS or pay £60 by 03/03 or £100 by 17/03.

Could someone please tell me if It's worth me carrying on with this battle or do I pay the £60 by the 3rd March to make it all go away.

Many thanks in advance,
white_ford_taxi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Fri, 21 Feb 2020 - 16:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 5 Mar 2020 - 09:54
Post #21

Member No.: 60,457

Was the Notice to hirer addresses to an individual or a comply?

It is not up to you to prove you were not the driver, it is up to them to show that you are.

+Quote Post
white_ford_taxi
post Thu, 5 Mar 2020 - 10:26
Post #22

Member No.: 107,964

The Notice to Hirer was addressed to Me at LTD Company name and address.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 5 Mar 2020 - 15:38
Post #23

Member No.: 60,457

So the hire contract is with the limited company and you are merely the contact name and not the driver.

So a response back to them pointing out that you had not mentioned the delay of the letter arriving rather the failure of them complying with the requirements of POFA and so being unable to hold the hirer liable. The hirer was a limited company and hence could not have been driving and you are a mere officer of the company responding to the paperwork and not the driver.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 6th April 2020 - 23:42
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.