PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Placement
Ziltro
post Sun, 23 Jul 2006 - 23:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,211

I was out today and I noticed a few things.

The nice people who issue PCNs in Poole seem to place them, on cars, on the passenger side windscreen wiper. I even saw a car being driven off by someone who didn't spot it! (if they had maybe I would have had a chance to talk to them about it.)
I think part of the reason they didn't spot it is because it was near the tax disc holder but also partly because it was near their blue disabled badge/disc and, being Poole, the PCNs are light blue.
Surely it would make more sense for them to put it somewhere the driver could see it easily?

The other ones I noticed were attached to two motor cycles (parked where there were no restrictions at all). These were wrapped around the handle... where you would normally hold on... I forget if there's a better name for it. One bike had it on the left side, one on the right. This seemed to held on with a rubber band. (free rubber band, nice.)

Is this normal? Is this right? Or is it as simple as the PCN must be attached to the vehicle somewhere, doesn't matter where, to be classed as having been 'served'?

--------------------
Andrew.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sun, 23 Jul 2006 - 23:43
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
DW190
post Mon, 24 Jul 2006 - 06:20
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 436

QUOTE (Ziltro @ Mon, 24 Jul 2006 - 00:43) *
I was out today and I noticed a few things.

The nice people who issue PCNs in Poole seem to place them, on cars, on the passenger side windscreen wiper. I even saw a car being driven off by someone who didn't spot it! (if they had maybe I would have had a chance to talk to them about it.)
I think part of the reason they didn't spot it is because it was near the tax disc holder but also partly because it was near their blue disabled badge/disc and, being Poole, the PCNs are light blue.
Surely it would make more sense for them to put it somewhere the driver could see it easily?

The other ones I noticed were attached to two motor cycles (parked where there were no restrictions at all). These were wrapped around the handle... where you would normally hold on... I forget if there's a better name for it. One bike had it on the left side, one on the right. This seemed to held on with a rubber band. (free rubber band, nice.)

Is this normal? Is this right? Or is it as simple as the PCN must be attached to the vehicle somewhere, doesn't matter where, to be classed as having been 'served'?

The DfT guidlines state that the PCN should be placed on the windscreen which is not possible with bikes, I have read it somewhere but cannot find it that it can be attached to the handlebar of a bike with an elastic band.

I would think if the PCN has been placed in such a position that it block the view of the VED disc or a Disabled Badge could potentially cause unnecessary problems for the owner.

I have just noticed in the DfT guidelines that if the PCN is issued for an overstay at Pay & Display that the "Expiry Time" of the P & D ticket should be recorded on the PCN.

This post has been edited by DW190: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 - 06:24

--------------------
DW190

BLUNT PENCILS ARE MORE RELIABLE THAN SHARP MEMORIES

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||
|www.PePiPoo.com_||'""|""\_____
|_________________||__ |__|____|)
|(@) |(@)""**|(@)(@)**|(@)|(@)

Frequently Asked Questions

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here