PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lorry drove into me
Pezzy
post Tue, 23 Apr 2019 - 13:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,971

In Nov last year I was travelling to work when a lorry changed lanes and hit my car without seeing me. Admittedly I was overtaking him in the inside lane as I was doing the speed limit and he was not. Upon pulling over he was very apologetic and said he didn't see me.

Surprise surprise when my insurance company contacted him he blamed me for the accident and my insurance company agreed with him! Even though I sent them the dashcam footage. His fleet manager said all their lorries had dashcams, so I told my insurance company to make sure they get hold of it as it will show what really happened. So far though, they've not been able to obtain it, and of course it is because he's to blame.

I told my insurance company that I will not admit liability for an accident I didn't commit and that I'd be happy to take it to court. I'm not sure how it's progressing as there has been no update.

Below is my dashcam footage.

https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?seuuid=7...name=Accident_1

This post has been edited by southpaw82: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 09:51
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 48)
Advertisement
post Tue, 23 Apr 2019 - 13:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 14 May 2019 - 17:25
Post #41

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Pezzy @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 15:18) *
QUOTE (nigelbb @ Sat, 11 May 2019 - 15:51) *
Clearly the insurance company’s interpretation was that the OP was the guilty party & caused the collision.

No it wasn't actually. They have since instructed their legal team to pursue the 3rd party driver for the damages and said for me to get ready to attend court if it progresses that far. I guess we'll have to see if the lorry driver fesses up or if he is prepared to lie in court.

What made them change their mind?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
nigelbb
post Tue, 14 May 2019 - 17:54
Post #42

Member No.: 60,602

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 18:25) *
QUOTE (Pezzy @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 15:18) *
QUOTE (nigelbb @ Sat, 11 May 2019 - 15:51) *
Clearly the insurance company’s interpretation was that the OP was the guilty party & caused the collision.

No it wasn't actually. They have since instructed their legal team to pursue the 3rd party driver for the damages and said for me to get ready to attend court if it progresses that far. I guess we'll have to see if the lorry driver fesses up or if he is prepared to lie in court.

Allegedly change their mind.

This post has been edited by nigelbb: Wed, 15 May 2019 - 05:52

--------------------
British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice(Appendix C contains Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 ) & can be found here http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-monitoring
DfT Guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf
Damning OFT advice on levels of parking charges that was ignored by the BPA Ltd Reference Request Number: IAT/FOIA/135010 – 12 October 2012

+Quote Post
Pezzy
post Wed, 15 May 2019 - 07:31
Post #43

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 17:34) *
Not illegal per se but not recommended either.
And could see you being done for dangerous or careless driving.

Are you aware of the highway code?

I'm obviously in the same boat as PBM because I cannot see what in the video would make the insurance company change their mind.

I am aware of the highway code.

It says under Rule 268, "In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right".

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 18:25) *

Possibly that I pulled my case handler up on the fact that instead of accusing me he should be doing his job and look at the evidence. I explained exactly what happened and said they must insist on the 3rd party's dashcam footage as it will show what happened. Something that will never come to light as it will incriminate him and show he is lying. Possibly also the fact that I refused to accept liability and said I'd take this to court if I have to.

They then assigned a different case handler who apologised and after that I received a letter from their solicitors.

This post isn't about whether anyone here believes me. I couldn't give a toss to be honest. And the frankly absurd accusations thrown around here by some self righteous posters beggars belief.

What I have noticed here is that unless it's a cut and dry case, people will always assume you are guilty. So much for fightback forums.

+Quote Post
Korting
post Wed, 15 May 2019 - 07:45
Post #44

Member No.: 37,524

I think the problem might be that insurers insist you must not admit liability, so people use that as an excuse for lying.

Many years ago whilst trying to turn onto a very busy dual carriageway, a woman drove into the back of me.

I got out and so did she and immediately accused me of reversing into her.

Apart from a jolt to my back, there was no damage to my car, but because of her accusation, I called the Police.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 15 May 2019 - 08:57
Post #45

QUOTE (Pezzy @ Wed, 15 May 2019 - 08:31) *
What I have noticed here is that unless it's a cut and dry case, people will always assume you are guilty. So much for fightback forums.

Nobody is forcing you to stay. I equally don’t give a toss whether you like the answers you’re given or not.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Pezzy
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 07:22
Post #46

I started a post a while ago about a lorry that crashed into me, accepted liability at the roadside and then went on to lie to his insurance blaming me. I posted my dashcam footage and everyone seemed to think I was making the whole thing up and some even suggested I was running a crash for cash scheme.

Well, after my insurance's solicitors sent me a letter saying they will pursue the 3rd party for the costs, I got a letter from them yesterday.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Pezzy
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 08:23
Post #47

Deleting perfectly legitimate posts because your ego got bruised? Typical copper by the looks of it.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 08:55
Post #48

Member No.: 49,223

It was added to your existing thread (here) and not deleted.

You might get the 'wind your neck in' response... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 08:59

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 09:49
Post #49

QUOTE (Pezzy @ Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 09:23) *
Deleting perfectly legitimate posts because your ego got bruised? Typical copper by the looks of it.

No, I simply added it to your existing thread because you were in breach of the one case, one thread rule. Now, your thread had been locked because you spat your dummy and acted like an entitled brat, so you were also in breach of the pretty standard and obvious rule about not resurrecting a locked thread. Buh bye.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here