F***wit women dance in empty NHS hospitals while people die
seank
post Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 19:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,183

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFexUHdlKg&t=757s

Have you ever seen anything like it?

Half-witted women are dancing in UK NHS hospitals, while cancer patients are dying at home because their operations are cancelled.

If your beloved family members had just died, how would you feel at the sight of these women?

Would you clap for them, or want to kill them?

No other country in the world carries on like this.

I thought PPE was in short supply in the UK. Not for this lot.

Who manages them, exactly?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 19:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Steve_999
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 08:44
Post #21

Member No.: 20,304

QUOTE (speedfighter23 @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 01:41) *
. . . . . . . We don't want NHS to go over capacity obviously, . . . . . .

Absolutely not! Why on earth would anyone want that when a few weeks ago they knew there was an onslaught coming but nobody could say how large that would be? Far better to save a bit of cash and keep the NHS capacity at a minimum.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 09:42
Post #22

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 08:30) *
And if you think that taking 5 minutes for a break from the mental stress of their job

That's even assuming they are taking time out from the job, as opposed to doing this in their breaks or ends of their shifts? Obviously the knee-jerk "I pay my taxes" brigade haven't bothered checking on this before ranting.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
baggins1234
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 09:47
Post #23

Member No.: 39,849

QUOTE (Fredd @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 10:42) *
And if you think that taking 5 minutes for a break from the mental stress of their job

That's even assuming they are taking time out from the job, as opposed to doing this in their breaks or ends of their shifts? Obviously the knee-jerk "I pay my taxes" brigade haven't bothered checking on this before ranting.

Why let the (possible/probable) facts stand in the way of a story?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 10:01
Post #24

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Fredd @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 10:42) *

How would a patient feel if all they saw were nurses running about at 100mph with a look of despair on their faces. Being cheerful and helping set peoples mind at ease is part of the job. And being able to do that is a large part of the reason they do the job because it is not all for the money

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 12:54
Post #25

Member No.: 59,924

As I've pointed out these videos made by healthcare professionals have been going on for some time and I can't see why anyone would begrudge them a bit of downtime. I really doubt that much of this is in work time - anyone who knows the NHS in particular knows they often work over time to complete paperwork etc.

Indeed in the US there has even been a competition to see who can do the best routine to a certain song and at global level there has also been a similar one on hand hygiene run by the WHO.

If anyone wants to continue to make an issue of this I'll put them in touch with my oldest son who is a junior doctor in Lancashire often working 13 hour shifts with covid patients with poor protective equipment for a paltry salary of about £26k. You can explain to him why anything extra he and the team does to get them through this is just not on.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 12:57

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 12:59
Post #26

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 13:54) *
As I've pointed out these videos made by healthcare professionals have been going on for some time and I can't see why anyone would begrudge them a bit of downtime. I really doubt that much of this is in work time - anyone who knows the NHS in particular knows they often work over time to complete paperwork etc.

Indeed in the US there has even been a competition to see who can do the best routine to a certain song and at global level there has also been a similar one on hand hygiene run by the WHO.

If anyone wants to continue to make an issue of this I'll put them in touch with my oldest son who is a junior doctor in Lancashire often working 13 hour shifts with covid patients with poor protective equipment for a paltry salary of about £26k. You can explain to him why anything extra he and the team does to get them through this is just not on.

Send them to see Anthony Joshua first, then they can see the great work and caring nature of most of the NHS

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
oldstoat
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 15:45
Post #27

Member No.: 25,505

QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 20:15) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFexUHdlKg&t=757s

Have you ever seen anything like it?

Half-witted women are dancing in UK NHS hospitals, while cancer patients are dying at home because their operations are cancelled.

If your beloved family members had just died, how would you feel at the sight of these women?

Would you clap for them, or want to kill them?

No other country in the world carries on like this.

I thought PPE was in short supply in the UK. Not for this lot.

Who manages them, exactly?

Can people not try to lighten the mood occassionaly. I would like to suggest that you take a very sharp stick. place it into your anus and sit down very very quickly.

--------------------
Bridges burnt, Rubicons crossed. Parthian shots delivered, but always with style

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 15:51
Post #28

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 21:47) *
Enough of this needless and offensive abuse.

Take heed. I will ban people.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 16:42
Post #29

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 23:34) *
QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 21:42) *
Viral infections are airborne.

Erm, no.

To be fair, viruses can be airborne or at least can spread through aerosol transmission.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 16:48
Post #30

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 17:42) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 23:34) *
QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 24 Apr 2020 - 21:42) *
Viral infections are airborne.

Erm, no.

To be fair, viruses can be airborne or at least can spread through aerosol transmission.

Can be, this one isn't other than the aerosol effect but you missed the point entirely: Sean said that in response to a post
about taking precautions against the various modes by which it is spread. Hence my simple and all that was needed, reply.

To put it another way
viruses can be airborne

What is your point caller?

This post has been edited by Neil B: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 16:51

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
phantomcrusader
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 20:12
Post #31

Member No.: 22,840

I agree it does not look professional to my ageing eyes but it is a sign of the times. It's only a matter of time before the judiciary also do a TikTok dance or something similar. Perhaps they already have. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of viral fame these days. I take the view, so long as they do their job professionally when it matters (and I'm sure they do), let them have their fun.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 20:39
Post #32

I wonder sometimes, not a lot though coz its not worth the effort, if the people that think the nurses were so wrong ( forget that the circumstances re the dancing are not known) wonder about the cost to the taxpayer of them revelling the fact that they will be as obstructive as possible to the police wasting tax payers money for their own entertainment

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Sun, 26 Apr 2020 - 10:28
Post #33

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 17:48) *
To put it another way
viruses can be airborne

Just the obvious, really ie that this virus can be spread if someone sneezes or coughs, and can be blown through the air into someone's waiting respiratory system, as well as by putting it there yourself with infected bodily parts.

Presumably that makes it partially airborne?

Not trying to start an argument by the way.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sun, 26 Apr 2020 - 11:18
Post #34

Webmaster
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Sun, 26 Apr 2020 - 10:28) *

You're way too late to start this argument - the distinction between aerosols and droplets (if any) and what makes transmission airborne is argued about continually in the medical profession.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sun, 26 Apr 2020 - 14:11
Post #35

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Sun, 26 Apr 2020 - 11:28) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 25 Apr 2020 - 17:48) *
To put it another way
viruses can be airborne

Just the obvious, really ie that this virus can be spread if someone sneezes or coughs, and can be blown through the air into someone's waiting respiratory system, as well as by putting it there yourself with infected bodily parts.

Presumably that makes it partially airborne?

But still sailing clear over. Just read what was said at the bottom of #11

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
seank
post Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 08:27
Post #36

Member No.: 61,183

Sticking to facts rather than arguments, what do we see?

Even the Leftie Graun reports:
More than 2m operations cancelled as NHS fights Covid-19
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/ap...fights-covid-19

There are around 800 coronavirus deaths per day and 3000 cases presenting daily, currently.
There are 1257 hospitals in the UK.
https://www.interweavetextiles.com/how-many-hospitals-uk/

This means that each hospital will only see a couple of deaths per week and a couple of new cases per day, on average.

Why have we set aside the capacity when we already had massive overcapacity?
No wonder the women have all the time to rehearse dance routines.

The Nightingale hospitals are a shambles of wasted public money. Birmingham hasn't seen a single case. London a few dozen yet the UK new capacity is 15000 beds. Is anyone pleased at that?

+Quote Post
captain swoop
post Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 21:28
Post #37

Member No.: 18,956

Time well spent.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 23:15
Post #38

Webmaster
Group Icon

QUOTE (seank @ Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 09:27) *
Is anyone pleased at that?

Yes. They're what is known as a contingency, to provide capacity if the normal hospital capacity is exhausted. If they're not needed then that's a good thing, as it means the existing NHS hospital system has been able to cope. If they are needed then that's a good thing as it means the NHS has additional capacity to prevent it collapsing. I can't quite find the word to describe someone who would think it's a bad idea to put in place measures to prevent the collapse of the health system, but I think it might be in the title of this thread.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
thisisntme
post Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 23:52
Post #39

Member No.: 70,566

My first girlfriend is a nurse. She has never just worked her 'contracted' hours and then gone home. She isn't a saint, and she isn't exceptional. I have many friends that work as healthcare workers who do lots of unpaid overtime. Why? Because it is more than a job, it's a vocation. It's bad enough that the government takes this for granted. Governments of all colours have done so. That anyone can moan that these same people take a bit of time out to do something that might help their mental capacity and their morale is beyond me. I hope those that moan don't find themselves in the care of someone that is demoralised knackered and depressed.

"We pay their wages?" We don't pay them well enough and as I say most work way over their contractual hours.

You won't begrudge the care they might have to provide you with should you need it.

Half-witted? Seriously, get over yourselves. They have more wits in a single follicle of their hair than those that begrudge them some form of light relief.

I tell you what is half-witted. Waiting until you need thousands of beds before providing a contingency for them. That's unless sean is Gandalf and has a magic stick.

This post has been edited by thisisntme: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 23:56

--------------------
I reserve the right to be wrong.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Tue, 28 Apr 2020 - 01:11
Post #40

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (seank @ Mon, 27 Apr 2020 - 09:27) *
The Nightingale hospitals are a shambles of wasted public money. Birmingham hasn't seen a single case. London a few dozen yet the UK new capacity is 15000 beds. Is anyone pleased at that?

Ideally the hospitals would all be running at just under capacity. However (assuming that there was the political will for this to be allowed to happen), controlling the spread of a new virus by ensuring that 66 million people have just the right amount of social contact at the right time, without allowing the hospitals to exceed capacity would require both exceptional prescience and exceptional control of the 66 million people.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here