PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please advise
Polite_Zombie
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 12:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,922

Hi all, having already few nights nightmares and can't really found way how to calm down. Let's just leave all comments how stupid Ive done...cos I know it...

Was driving on 50mph road 55mph which leads to 30mph road with slight bend. After bend down the hill is located gatso camera which captures speeding when you passing it by and not capturing oncoming traffic (everybody knows that who lives locally). Usually people including me not slowing down approaching 30mph sign, but slowing down before gatso camera. However when I came out from the bend still on 55mph, but in 30mph zone I notice that next to the camera is parked speeding van and braked, I know I should be caught by speeding van, but there was technician doing maintenance on actual stationary gatso camera.

My question is, how big is possibility that this gatsco camera maintenance van who looks exactly 1:1 like speeding van was in use and caught me? Are people who fix stationary cameras using speed vans or they deliberately used this speed van to catch speeders and the same time still do the maintenance on stationary gatso camera? Guy was taking some parts out of gatso camera and putting it in one of the speeding van back doors, is there still possibility that behind other door was active camera which caught me?

This is very confusing, because actual speeding van was used for stationary gatso camera maintenance with technician doing actual job on stationary camera.

Any opinions on this would be much appreciated, just freaking out...because potentially if this van was in operation and on maintenance duties (two in one), then probably in next few weeks time I will need to start use my oyster card...which will be equal to suicide...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 12:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 12:58
Post #2

Member No.: 38,559

Nothing you can do except wait and see if anything in post.

For what it is worth, if the guy was working on the Gatso, doubt they were also checking speed.
But opinion, no guarantees.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 13:04
Post #3

Member No.: 90,659

Around here the speed camera vans also empty the wet film Gatsos. So highly likely this was the case and you will not hear anything more.

Again here though they have a habit of siting camera vans enforcing before a Gatso for exactly the reason you describe, they know people are likely to brake for the camera rather than 30mph signs. Any speed in excess of 50mph will be court and following the herd will be no defence. Obviously your licence, your choice

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 13:14
Post #4

Member No.: 317

A van can measure your speed upto 1km (line of sight) so if it’s a reasonable distance from the bend to the camera it’s a great way of catching people who only brake for cameras, as above they have to notify the driver (who they don’t know) or the registered keeper (who’s details they get via DVLA) within 14 days. Obviously if you aren’t showing as registered keeper or the address is wrong it may take a while.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 13:39
Post #5

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 24 Feb 2018 - 13:14) *
A van can measure your speed upto 1km (line of sight) so if it’s a reasonable distance from the bend to the camera it’s a great way of catching people who only brake for cameras, as above they have to notify the driver (who they don’t know) or the registered keeper (who’s details they get via DVLA) within 14 days. Obviously if you aren’t showing as registered keeper or the address is wrong it may take a while.

Is that not getting away from the scenario as described by the O.P.? Only after the 14 days can the OP calm down ( but I would suggest he calms down now) but it appears it was a maintenance man fixing a static camera which will clearly be needed from time to time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here