PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UKPC, Penalty Charge Notice in Hounslow from UKPC
Bitix
post Sun, 7 Jul 2019 - 15:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,634

Advice required. Family parked a car and its driver was with the vehicle most of the time except when partner realised that they had left their money in the car, so the driver went to give it.
The driver literally left the vehicle for 2 minutes and when they returned they were told by someone that the car had been ticketed and the ticket issuer was parked on the side.
Appeal was made to the ticketing person, but to no avail. Driver had also noted that the vehicle heavily stunk of weed and advised him that the driver could smell a lot of weed
in the car.

He got a little worried as the driver took their camera out and managed to get his registration. Anyway today we decided to look at the picture and in fact they have an incorrect number
as its a private plate and they mistook an I for a 1. (Someone mentioned that number plates only have a 1 and not an I, however this is a private plate and even when checked at DVLA by
entering an I it comes up as the car, but not with the 1. The plate was our late father's and he bought it in 1987).

This is UKPC who issued the notice. The driver parked at the Royal Mail bay in the evening in Hounslow.

Question is what are our next steps, should we wait for the notice to the RK as it may not come as they have the wrong number? Usual process 14 day appeal.
Welcome input from Forum experts. We have obviously kept the ticket and packaging as well.

This post has been edited by Bitix: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 06:20
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Sun, 7 Jul 2019 - 15:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Dave65
post Sun, 7 Jul 2019 - 15:40
Post #2

Member No.: 78,368

Post needs an edit "the driver" did everything no clue as to who drive. Read through again.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 7 Jul 2019 - 16:45
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

To hold the keeper liable they have to get the NTK delivered between days 28 and 56 after applying to the DVLA.. If you write to them with an appeal as the keeper so that it arrives on day 26 then they might be tempted to start communication with you as the keeper. When you write just use the PCN number alone but if you do quote the VRM use the VRM on the NTD. If they respond but do not issue an NTK or contact the DVLA then they cannot hold the keeper liable. If they don't issue an NTK within 56 days then again no keeper luability

I think it may be obvious to UKPC where their error was if they do apply to the DVLA for the details and will correct but this gives them another problem in that the details on the NTK and NTD have to agree to be able to hold the keeper liable

If the driver is identified then all bets are off

This post has been edited by ostell: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 - 16:47

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 08:05
Post #4

Member No.: 78,368

In your appeal to them you could make a slight alteration to your address, just small such as Beech Street instead of Beach Street. To see which one they will use.

+Quote Post
Bitix
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 09:11
Post #5

Shall we wait now for the official letter to come through to RK if it does based on incorrect number plate details?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 09:28
Post #6

Member No.: 15,642

No such "official" letter will come. its just a private invoice. Nothing "official" at all.

You appeal AS KEPEER to the Notice to Driver, using the SMALL change to addressas you have been instructed above
IF they then respond to that appeal, using the changed address you gave them, then clealry they have not gone to the DVLA for the real address, and they have therefore not complied with POFA.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 13:19
Post #7

In this case that modified address is not needed as if they come back just check the VRM. If it's the correct VRM and then they have realised their mistake and guessed the correct details and applied to the DVLA, And therefore NTD and NTK not the same and no keeper liability

+Quote Post
Bitix
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 14:52
Post #8

This is what we are thinking Ostell. So is it best to hang fire to get the NTK and wait for this between 28 and 56 days and then review? Or is there any action that needs to be taken now.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 15:31
Post #9

Why not have 2 bites of the cherry and do the keeper appeal to arrive day 26

+Quote Post
Bitix
post Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 18:20
Post #10

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 16:31) *
Why not have 2 bites of the cherry and do the keeper appeal to arrive day 26

Thanks Ostell. As I'm new to this what does the day 26 appeal mean? I know the notice provided states £100 to be paid by Day 28 and £60 by Day 14.
Can you advise on what Day 26 refers to or point me to some literature or link that I can read. I know inferences have been made. What advantages does it offer us?
I guess the rationale (my naïve thinking is) that if the reg is incorrect then they could correct and locate us by contacting DVLA.
An appeal will then be made to state we refute as the number plate is incorrect and don't know who the driver is.

Apologies a newbie to this, so need guidance and education. (Thanks in advance)

This post has been edited by Bitix: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 - 18:28

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 07:51
Post #11

It means you
1) Appeal as RK so that
2) It arrives on day 26

Sometimes they then forget to send the NtK out at all, as a result of an appeal from the RK being received on that timescale.

+Quote Post
Bitix
post Sat, 10 Aug 2019 - 15:23
Post #12

So the update is that today the RK received the NTK and has noted that they have change the NTK and NTD so it has different PCRN. No appeals had been made and hence wondering next steps as I believe that NTD and NTK cannot be different? So what would one advise are the next steps, as RK will be on holiday for 2 weeks as of Monday, so can only appeal online tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Bitix: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 - 15:32

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 12 Aug 2019 - 10:46
Post #13

So the ref numbers on the NtD and on the NtK are different, but it is for the same event and you are ABSOLUTELY sure of that?

You were told to appeal, any reason not to?

You appeal stating that there is no keeper liability as the NtK did not match the NtD, and awaite a rejection and POPLA code.

OR

You appeal when you get back. You have 28 days.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 11:09
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here