Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Britannia Parking in Scotland
Geejay
post Sun, 25 Jun 2017 - 17:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,184

Hi folks. Hopefully a quick one.

I (as the keeper of the vehicle) received a PCN from Britannia at a car park in Scotland for failure to make a valid payment. They've admitted that they don't know the driver's name or address, and said I "should" advise this.

Thanks to advice on here before, I successfully avoiding having to pay for a PCN elsewhere in Scotland simply by ignoring and filing away all correspondence. I just wanted to make sure nothing has changed and that the same still applies!

I can upload a scan of the PCN later if required - uploading attachments doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Advertisement
post Sun, 25 Jun 2017 - 17:21
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 25 Jun 2017 - 21:08
Post #2

Member No.: 32,130

Yes the same applies in Scotland as it ever did. A couple of cases have been won where people have gone and admitted who was driving. But not from Britannia, as they haven't a clue and don't even do court in England, let alone North of the border.

Ignore them. No need to show us their NTK, we've seen them before.

Collect the letters, laugh at the demands and come back if ever you get a claim (highly unlikely, and with this one Britannia have no hope).

+Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 26 Jun 2017 - 07:56
Post #3

Member No.: 57,558

SRM +1

Ignore

+Quote Post
Geejay
post Sun, 30 Jul 2017 - 20:30
Post #4

Member No.: 83,184

Thanks, SRM and kommando.

I now have a letter regarding the matter from a debt recovery company. I've had a letter from the same debt recovery company regarding a previous parking ticket, but the letter has changed since then (perhaps people were getting wise to the wording of the previous letter!).

Most of the text can easily be translated as the usual bluster designed to scare you, but there is one sentence that caught my eye:

"If we don't hear from you, we'll take this to mean that you agree you're liable for [the parking charge]."

My guess is that this is similar bluster? Surely the mere act of ignoring the letter can't lawfully be taken by them as an admission of liability?

+Quote Post
s360
post Sun, 30 Jul 2017 - 20:49
Post #5

Member No.: 60,453

QUOTE (Geejay @ Sun, 30 Jul 2017 - 21:30) *
"If we don't hear from you, we'll take this to mean that you agree you're liable for [the parking charge]."

Surely the mere act of ignoring the letter can't lawfully be taken by them as an admission of liability?

Course not. Just more scare tactics to get you to mess up. continue to ignore.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 31 Jul 2017 - 04:30
Post #6

Member No.: 15,642

I woudl report them to Scottish trading standards for that rubbish, myself. Such a complete piece of nonsense designed to scare you into contacting a set of wastes of air.

+Quote Post
ConsumerNeedingH...
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 14:25
Post #7

Member No.: 96,636

Hey,

Just wanted to check if there was any update on this?

As RK I received NTK PCN from Britannia. Best in Scotland to still ignore?

TIA

+Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 15:04
Post #8

No change yet, Murdo Fraser MSP is trying to invoke Keeper liability as part of his plan to 'improve' private parking but this will not be retrospective if he gets it through. If you are in his constituency you should complain and tell him he is an idiot for suggesting keeper liability.

So safe to ignore but keep checking for future tickets in case Murdo cons keeper liability onto statute.

This post has been edited by kommando: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 15:05

+Quote Post
Spudandros
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:54
Post #9

Member No.: 82,244

QUOTE (kommando @ Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 15:04) *
No change yet, Murdo Fraser MSP is trying to invoke Keeper liability as part of his plan to 'improve' private parking but this will not be retrospective if he gets it through. If you are in his constituency you should complain and tell him he is an idiot for suggesting keeper liability.

So safe to ignore but keep checking for future tickets in case Murdo cons keeper liability onto statute.

I've already had words with Fraser on this. He's unrepentant and previously, in 2015, tried to introduce keeper liability whilst acting on behalf of BPA. Anyone in Scotland reading this should write to their MSP warning them that Murdo Frasers bill is a Trojan horse that aims to make potentially innocent people liable for the debt of another but hides it under seemingly reasonable suggestion that will, in any case, be covered by Gregg Knights Westminster bill. and should be rejected. Ask they also forward it to colleagues

This post has been edited by Spudandros: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:55

+Quote Post
ConsumerNeedingH...
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 12:46
Post #10

Member No.: 96,636

Have recently received a letter from Debt Recovery (Zenith) as RK. Still the case that I shouldn't respond? TIA

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 13:02
Post #11

Member No.: 60,457

Still ignore in Scotland

+Quote Post
kommando
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 13:32
Post #12

Ostell +1 , toothless in England and Wales, even less teeth in Scotland.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:52
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here