Reply to this topicStart new topic
Likely 12+ points
Uh Oh
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 20:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,120

So I screwed up.

I have 6 points on my license from one speeding incident 2+ years ago.

This month I received an intention to prosecute for going 42 in a 30, I returned the form confirming it was me (it was) - I'm expecting 3 points for that?

It get's worse.

Yesterday I was pulled by an unmarked car on a day out in wales doing 75 in a 50.

So I'm going to have to go to court and be banned, right?

I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and can't even fetch milk from my neighbour for my 1 year old daughter without being able to drive. I certainly can't get her to nursery or myself to work.

All my own stupid fault of course, I'm just feel sick and not sure where to turn.

Any advice much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 20:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 20:56
Post #2

Member No.: 317

It certainly looks likely you will tot to 12 points and risk a 6 month ban.

You can of course present an exceptional hardship plea to try and reduce the ban potentially to zero.

The 75 in a 50 may result in a fixed penalty or court summons depending on how the force in question interprets the guidance, if they were both a dead cert FP it would be handy to get your toting case heard at the more local court.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:00
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard (including the detailed questions reached by clicking on the Additional Questions button on the second page), and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:56) *
The 75 in a 50 may result in a fixed penalty or court summons depending on how the force in question interprets the guidance.

I'm not quite sure where the ambiguity in "Fixed Penalty for 75, summons for 76" is.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:04
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

Missed the possible SAC for the 42 guys?

OP, if that offence wasn't in Scotland and haven't done a course in the last 3 years then you may be lucky. A course might be offered to avoid 3 points.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:05

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:23
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (Jlc @ Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 22:04) *
Missed the possible SAC for the 42 guys?

Didn't miss anything. Just not going to play guessing games when the OP hasn't given us the relevant info.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 21:50
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

Let us then address the OP:

This month I received an intention to prosecute for going 42 in a 30, I returned the form confirming it was me (it was) - I'm expecting 3 points for that?

Unless this occurred in Scotland or you have done course in the last three years you are just within the speed for which a course may be offered instead of any other action, which would avoid any points.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 07:08
Post #7

Thank you, so do I fill in the form twice, to address each of the two recent speeding scenarios?

+Quote Post
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 08:50
Post #8

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (Uh Oh @ Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 08:08) *
Thank you, so do I fill in the form twice, to address each of the two recent speeding scenarios?

What form? You said you'd sent off the s172 from the first offence: for the second you were stopped by the police yesterday so no s172 was necessary.

This post has been edited by 666: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 08:51

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 09:33
Post #9

You need to wait and see what they 'offer' for the 42 in a 30 - hopefully the course if you qualify. It would be a no-brainer to take this to avoid the points.

For the latest offence one presumes they took all your details etc. possibly issued a Traffic Offence Report (TOR) and the central ticket office will take appropriate action. Presumably a fixed penalty. If you are on 9 points at that time then you cannot accept that offer. (And the matter would go to court and upon hitting 12+ points you have the opportunity to submit an exceptional hardship plea to reduce the 6 months ban)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 09:55
Post #10

QUOTE (666 @ Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 09:50) *
QUOTE (Uh Oh @ Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 08:08) *

What form?

The NIP Wizard somebody linked me to above.

QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 10:33) *
You need to wait and see what they 'offer' for the 42 in a 30 - hopefully the course if you qualify. It would be a no-brainer to take this to avoid the points.

For the latest offence one presumes they took all your details etc. possibly issued a Traffic Offence Report (TOR) and the central ticket office will take appropriate action. Presumably a fixed penalty. If you are on 9 points at that time then you cannot accept that offer. (And the matter would go to court and upon hitting 12+ points you have the opportunity to submit an exceptional hardship plea to reduce the 6 months ban)

Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 10:06
Post #11

Member No.: 317

Yes do the Wizard for each case as it helps identify possible issues.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 10:07
Post #12

QUOTE (Uh Oh @ Mon, 27 Mar 2017 - 10:55) *
The NIP Wizard somebody linked me to above.

Yes, the output might be useful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:11
Post #13

Hello

Just to update, I couldn't fill in the NIP Wizard as

- I had already returned the NIP (not kept a copy) for the first incident.

- It hasn't arrived yet for the second incident where I was stopped.

Today I've received a conditional offer of fixed penalty for the first one.

It states that if I do not wish to contest the offence then it may be possible to deal with this matter by a fixed penalty of £100.00 and receipt of 3 penalty points.

So is that what I need to do now? Return my licence, pay the fee and I'll be given the points?

I am concerned that in three weeks I'm going to Italy and need my license to collect my hire car from the airport there. If I return my license today to be endorsed, what's the likelihood it will be back with me in time?

Meanwhile, I still await contact from the second incident where I was stopped by an unmarked car in Wales.

Thank you in advance for any help.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:19
Post #14

I would first phone and say you understand that a course can be offered for speeds up to and including 42 in a 30 limit, which was the speed alleged, and enquire if that has been considered for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:22
Post #15

QUOTE (Logician @ Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 14:19) *
I would first phone and say you understand that a course can be offered for speeds up to and including 42 in a 30 limit, which was the speed alleged, and enquire if that has been considered for you.

I did a course less than two years ago, presumably they will know that so not an option for me?

+Quote Post
Mat_Shamus
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:37
Post #16

Member No.: 70,553

QUOTE (Logician @ Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 22:50) *
Unless this occurred in Scotland or you have done course in the last three years you are just within the speed for which a course may be offered instead of any other action, which would avoid any points.

QUOTE (Uh Oh @ Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 14:22) *
I did a course less than two years ago, presumably they will know that so not an option for me?

It appears so.

--------------------
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:42
Post #17

QUOTE (Logician @ Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 14:19) *

Yes, that will be why.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 13:46
Post #18

QUOTE (Mat_Shamus @ Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 14:37) *
QUOTE (Logician @ Sun, 26 Mar 2017 - 22:50) *

It appears so.

Thanks for clarifying.

So I need to accept the fixed penalty.

Anybody know how long it should take for them to return my license?

I'm worried that I need it in three weeks time.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 3 Apr 2017 - 16:15
Post #19

I expect it depends how busy the office is, I do not think anyone can tell you. Take a phootcopy of your licence, that might do, or better still use an international firm and show your licence at a UK office and get them to tell their Italian office

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uh Oh
post Thu, 6 Apr 2017 - 10:11
Post #20

Just to update, I emailed the penalty office on Monday and received a response within an hour. They asked me to send my license First Class Signed For and to include a self addressed envelope that was postage paid (again First Class Signed For).

I posted it Tuesday, they confirmed it had arrived with them yesterday and it's back with me endorsed today.

So it seems they are on the ball at least...

Now sitting on 9 points awaiting to hear back from when I was pulled over for speeding on 25th March sad.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 11:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here