Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

BWL County Court process
fined1
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 16:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,273

Dear all,

Since last summer, I've had 6 or 7 fines from BWL from 2 car parks, both of which we now avoid. The car parks in question have been featured in the local newspaper as dodgy and they are 'owned' by Britannia.

I've manage to defend 3 fines, all number plate mistakes - an app was used so that was easy.

The other 3 are going to small claims. I have a date for 1 of the claims so I'll describe that one and hopefully get a steer. I work front line NHS so I've struggled to focus on this but I'm getting a feel for what I need to do. Sadly bundle is due in on Monday although court date is 2 months away.

Events - car normally used by a driver not necessarily owner, we presume used to visit popular childrens attraction. Some weeks later fine arrives. Family member tells me they tried to appeal on Britannia's website to get rid of the charge as I'm a busy beaver - we have no record of this. Driver doesn't recall doing anything wrong that day. In the meantime Britannia bring 5 more claims, I got busy defending those, 3 got sorted, 2 plus this one needed the formal process as they would have been little bits of paper printed by a machine and the ANPR system was new.

This one was the most recent (in terms of date) but is the one to get a court date first. In the midst of all the above, preparing witness statement and bundle, I realised I had no idea what this offence was as there had been so many it got overlooked. The only thing they would say is 'a parking offence has occurred therefore we are taking action. At no point had BWL said what had actually happened.

So I demanded all the usual info, contracts with land owner, details of alleged offence, whether they are accusing driver or owner etcetc. They gave me nothing except photos of car, they say a ticket was purchased for an hour but the car was there for over two hours (based on photos).

Is the quick and dirty defence here that, apart from these car parks being well known scam fests, BWL have been aggressive, have failed to disclose the exact offence, have failed to demonstrate loss and have failed to provide strict proof of parking having occurred? Does the fact that we have completely ignored them the whole time matter (although my Wife remembers doing something on their website to object we have no evidence of that)

many thanks in advance

This post has been edited by fined1: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 16:16
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 16:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 19 Aug 2019 - 06:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,642

Well if you hav acoutr date, your defence is already in. You cant change it now!

So, what WAS the defnce?
Did you send a SAR to britannia? Thats the obvious route, but too late for you now as youve left it so late.

There was no fine and no "offence". No loss is blown out by Beavis - since 2015 thats been a lost cause.

Basically without knowing what the issue is, or what site it is, how do you expect us to help at all?

This post has been edited by nosferatu1001: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 - 06:47

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 05:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here