PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Euro Parking Services - Birmingham - Parking fee changed I was unaware...
J_W_
post Wed, 7 Nov 2018 - 23:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,827

Hi guys,

Just wanted some advice on the following really:

The driver received a ticket dated on the 24th October 2018 from Euro Parking Services for a car park located in Birmingham called the East Side Car Park (B5 5RG) just on Andover Street. This was the week they actually altered the all day price from £2.50 to £3.50. The driver didnt see the sign alteration they had put up on the morning and only paid the regular £2.50 as he had always done and there was no notice given on the parking meter itself just the exterior signs if the driver remembers rightly. The driver actually later asked a friend who parked there for the last few years and told him that the fee has actually been at £2.50 for four years now so just the drivers luck it changes 3 weeks into parking there and they hit him with a fine.

The fine is displayed on the details as balance due: £60 but parking charge amount at £100. (Pay in 14 days to receive the reduced rate)

It is also worth noting that the fine was addressed to the drivers brother who he bought the car off last year it seems he didn't change the details with the DVLA just yet.

Any further information required just let me know. Obviously im a little ****** off by it all due to the nature of the charge and feel the driver has more than just one leg to stand on to dispute but I was told you kind gents would be best suited to advice on further course of action!

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by J_W_: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 - 17:05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 26)
Advertisement
post Wed, 7 Nov 2018 - 23:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 12:44
Post #21

Member No.: 15,642

Well we did suggest POFA as a means, the decision was yours to take.

+Quote Post
J_W_
post Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 15:15
Post #22

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 12:44) *

Nobody quoted POFA im afraid. Regardless of that though just stating those four letters would be no help. If I knew all the details in these documents I wouldn't be asking for help now would I? happy.gif

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 15:59
Post #23

Member No.: 60,457

So everybody has been trying to get the details of the documents, even posted on the thread, so that some advice could be given. Identifying the driver is not that advice.

POFA = Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 whereby the keeper can be held liable for the actions of the driver but only if the parking company jump through the hoops required by the legislation. But then you would have know this by looking at other threads.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 21 Nov 2018 - 09:50
Post #24

Member No.: 15,642

QUOTE (J_W_ @ Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 16:15) *

Nobody quoted POFA im afraid. Regardless of that though just stating those four letters would be no help. If I knew all the details in these documents I wouldn't be asking for help now would I? happy.gif

Its quoted on, at an estimate. every single thread on this forum
What work did you do, to get out of your thread and to understand the issues?
You were also told it would remove some protection.

+Quote Post
J_W_
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 16:07
Post #25

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Wed, 21 Nov 2018 - 09:50) *
QUOTE (J_W_ @ Tue, 20 Nov 2018 - 16:15) *

Its quoted on, at an estimate. every single thread on this forum
What work did you do, to get out of your thread and to understand the issues?
You were also told it would remove some protection.

I did a little light reading but nothing too extensive. Regardless your help is still very much appreciated. Just seems the driver has shot himself in the foot a little now is all so a little frustrated on my end but only myself to blame! The driver received a reply rejecting the original appeal this afternoon. I did go by and take a few pictures of the signs posted to the site and have also collected some of the previous signs from google maps below:

New
https://imgur.com/a/A0KeEIb
https://imgur.com/a/427pfyO

Old
https://imgur.com/a/c37xRry

The email received states that if appealing through the IAS the fine will automatically be upped. What are the details surrounding this and what could be the worst case scenario?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 16:46
Post #26

Member No.: 60,457

You don't appeal to the IAS as your appeal will be rejected.

So you couldn't read the signs because of the graffitti and so were not to know about the change in fees.

+Quote Post
J_W_
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:18
Post #27

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 16:46) *
You don't appeal to the IAS as your appeal will be rejected.

So you couldn't read the signs because of the graffitti and so were not to know about the change in fees.

With this though im worried they will argue around the number of signs. There is a total of 4 on the site 2 of which above each parking meter. The picture taken of the graffiti was taken around 2-3 weeks after the fine was given so potentially wasnt there on the drivers arrival the morning of the fine also.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 20th February 2019 - 08:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.