PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Private residential parking ticket
Jen_Jen1985
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 19:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,036

Hi, Im looking for some advice on behalf of a friend.

They were visiting a friend and parked in the resident underground car park. The driver parked in a disabled bay displaying a blue badge but has received a ticket as they weren't displaying a resident permit.
Whats the best way to deal with it?
The keeper has been told her to ignore as another friend has had 3 tickets and they've never been chased for them, I said I don't think you should really ignore as I know the law changed a few years back but wanted to check with people who know more about these things than I do.

Thanks for any help you can offer and if more information is needed then let me know and I'll get the info from my friend.

This post has been edited by Jen_Jen1985: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 18:19
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 21)
ostell
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 08:11
Post #21

Member No.: 60,457

Can you keep your arguments for the flamepit please.

Bumble, can you get the lease and see what it says about visitor parking, it may just provide a help.

The landowner should be able to tell P4Parking to cancel the charge, they will be the people that contracted P4Parking, not go through an appeal which they will be disinclined to accept. Get back on to the landowner.

In parallel with harassing the landowner you continue with the appeal to P4Parking on the lines of:

Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle VRM xxxxx and have been handed the PCN No. xxxx which was left on the windscreen.

There can be bo charge payable for this as the signs were not very clear and failed to make a contract with the driver at the time. As one of the occupants of the car is disabled a valid Blue Badge was displayed at the time. Your operator should have been aware of this and made allowances for the disability.

Yours

Keeper name
Keeper address

Send this off so that it is received on, or just before, day 26 of the parking. The idea is that the company try to save £2.50 by not applying to the DVLA for the keepers details. They are required to send a Notice to keeper between day 28 and 56. They may not send a notice to keeper within the required time or may not contact the DVLA. In either case you win. Try and make the keepers address slightly different to the address on the V5 registration document but not too different in that any response cannot be delivered. A misspell of a name, foe example, Greene instead of Green. Just enough that you know they haven't contacted the DVLA.

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 08:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Bumble62
post Today, 14:33
Post #22

Member No.: 100,042

Thank you for your response ostell, and for the clarity of it. The ticket was issued on 24th September, So if I count the day after that as day 1 (or is the day it was issued day 1? It was issued at 18:36), then I guess I am on day 23 and day 26 will be Saturday 20th October. Should I send it on Friday?

I'm confused, as in another response, someone mentioned not saying anything about having a blue badge, yet you indicate that I should. I was thinking it should be mentioned, as although there was no residents or visitors parking permit on the vehicle, it did have my blue badge on it because it was parked in an un-allocated, but clearly marked, disabled bay, which was close to the lift and which I could just about manage to get to.

My daughter tells me that in the lease, no parking bays had been allocated as the whole area was not parking controlled when she took the property over after it had been built. I had to contact P4P
to buy a parking permit, and they told me that I could park there for 24 hours, but couldn't return within 48 hours, which I thought was rather daft. What if I was picking my grandchildren up from school for a few days in a row? I queried this with the land owner, and they said they had never heard of that. My daughter also told me that with regards to the parking permits, that when they were first introduced, that all the residents were up in arms over some of the restrictions, and because of that, they reviewed them, as the residents had a valid argument. The land owner understands that I can't be expected to have to park totally off site, and is issuing the parking permit, but I still have this ticket to get sorted. They say they won't intervene and that I have to appeal it. I've not slept properly since getting it.

Thank you again
Bumble62

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 09:11) *
Can you keep your arguments for the flamepit please.

Bumble, can you get the lease and see what it says about visitor parking, it may just provide a help.

The landowner should be able to tell P4Parking to cancel the charge, they will be the people that contracted P4Parking, not go through an appeal which they will be disinclined to accept. Get back on to the landowner.

In parallel with harassing the landowner you continue with the appeal to P4Parking on the lines of:

Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle VRM xxxxx and have been handed the PCN No. xxxx which was left on the windscreen.

There can be bo charge payable for this as the signs were not very clear and failed to make a contract with the driver at the time. As one of the occupants of the car is disabled a valid Blue Badge was displayed at the time. Your operator should have been aware of this and made allowances for the disability.

Yours

Keeper name
Keeper address

Send this off so that it is received on, or just before, day 26 of the parking. The idea is that the company try to save £2.50 by not applying to the DVLA for the keepers details. They are required to send a Notice to keeper between day 28 and 56. They may not send a notice to keeper within the required time or may not contact the DVLA. In either case you win. Try and make the keepers address slightly different to the address on the V5 registration document but not too different in that any response cannot be delivered. A misspell of a name, foe example, Greene instead of Green. Just enough that you know they haven't contacted the DVLA.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 17th October 2018 - 19:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.