PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 - Being in Bus Lane - LBWF - Whipps Cross Road, Threads merged
Glitch
post Tue, 25 Feb 2014 - 20:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,127

An unknown member of my family allegedly wandered into the Bus Lane on Whipps Cross Road E11 approaching the Green Man Roundabout.

Seems as through the cameras have been activated at both ends of Whipps Cross Road, generating lots of lovely wonga for LBWF

Any possibilities of successful appeal?

On a point of interest does the bus lane end where the sign is visible in Streetview, or is it where the white line and road colour changes?

Streetview link Whipps X Road Green Man end

This post has been edited by Glitch: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 - 20:53
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 57)
Advertisement
post Tue, 25 Feb 2014 - 20:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Glitch
post Thu, 6 Mar 2014 - 20:11
Post #41

No reply yet Uppershelf. Says it takes about 10 working days and I hope they are inundated.

I notice that the latest news article has been taken down.

The Council Spokeswoman made reference to an internal procedure issue - an admission of guilt and perhaps LBWF asked for story to be removed.

Interesting....

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Sat, 8 Mar 2014 - 16:09
Post #42

Latest news story back up Council admits fault

Latest update on sign changes.

Roadmarking changed now says "Bus Lane"

New 958 sign in place before taper but they still have the old one in place. Not sure they have thought about 60m of clear line of sight. Trees not in leaf yet might obstruct view.

The orange and black sign with some sort of CCTV warning they put under the 959 "start of bus lane" sign at the beginning of the week has subsequently been removed.

The end of bus lane is still a mess. The camera is still in place but pretty sure it's not active.

+Quote Post
Hippocrates
post Sat, 8 Mar 2014 - 16:14
Post #43

Member No.: 53,821

The head of parking should resign.

--------------------
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

There are known knowns which, had we known, we would never have wished to know. It is known that this also applies to the known unknowns. However, when one attends PATAS, Mr Rumsfeld's idea that there are also unknown unknowns fails to apply because, anyone who is in the know, knows that unknown unknowns are purely a deception otherwise known as an aleatory experience or also known as a lottery. I know that I know this to be a fact and, in this knowledge, I know that I am fully prepared to present my case but, paradoxically, in full knowledge that the unknown unknowns may well apply in view of some adjudicators' lack of knowing what they ought to know.

"Hippocrates"

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 8 Mar 2014 - 21:44
Post #44

Member No.: 54,455

The head of parking should resign be sacked.

+Quote Post
uppershelf
post Fri, 14 Mar 2014 - 10:51
Post #45

Member No.: 69,092

Hi

Has anybody heard anything back from their appeal yet? I sent mine 14 days ago now and haven't heard a peep! I emailed and sent by post recorded delivery!

+Quote Post
Hippocrates
post Fri, 14 Mar 2014 - 13:54
Post #46

Give them some time. After all, it has taken them 4 years to attempt to sort out their moving traffic penalty charge notices.

--------------------
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

There are known knowns which, had we known, we would never have wished to know. It is known that this also applies to the known unknowns. However, when one attends PATAS, Mr Rumsfeld's idea that there are also unknown unknowns fails to apply because, anyone who is in the know, knows that unknown unknowns are purely a deception otherwise known as an aleatory experience or also known as a lottery. I know that I know this to be a fact and, in this knowledge, I know that I am fully prepared to present my case but, paradoxically, in full knowledge that the unknown unknowns may well apply in view of some adjudicators' lack of knowing what they ought to know.

"Hippocrates"

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Fri, 14 Mar 2014 - 19:49
Post #47

Predicting a happy outcome on this. Just a matter of time. They will be beavering away, earning their gold plated pensions dealing with 6,000+ appeals.

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:26
Post #48

PCN's successfully cancelled.

Camera has been removed. Bus lane still not compliant in my amateur opinion.

The wording of the letter just infuriates me more than the wife getting the PCN's in the first place.

"gesture of goodwill to implement an amnesty for challenged tickets" - pass the sick bucket. LBWF did not follow due process and failed to make the bus lane compliant (and it still isn't)

"Future tickets are extremely likely to be enforced" Errmm, not if you don't sort out the still shoddy state of signs and road markings!

What does "substantially compliant" mean?

"not disadvantaged by the minor deviation from the statutory requirement" ?

Thanks again for help esp Hippo.

This post has been edited by Glitch: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:37

+Quote Post
Hippocrates
post Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:32
Post #49

QUOTE (Glitch @ Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:26) *
PCN's successfully cancelled.

Camera has been removed. Bus lane still not compliant in my amateur opinion.

The wording of the letter just infuriates me more than the wife getting the PCN's in the first place.

"gesture of goodwill to implement an amnesty for challenged tickets" - pass the sick bucket. LBWF did not follow due process and failed to make the bus lane compliant (and it still isn't)

"Future tickets are extremely likely to be enforced" Errmm, not if you don't sort out the still shoddy state of signs and road markings!

What does "substantially compliant" mean?

"not disadvantaged by the minor deviation from the statutory requirement" ?

Thanks again for help esp Hippo.

They really are totally ********clueless.

This post has been edited by Hippocrates: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:34

--------------------

Donald Rumsfeld

"Hippocrates"

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:38
Post #50

Couldn't agree more.

Updated the cancellation letter which had wrong second page

+Quote Post
Hippocrates
post Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:53
Post #51

QUOTE (Glitch @ Fri, 21 Mar 2014 - 13:38) *
Couldn't agree more.

Updated the cancellation letter which had wrong second page

She should be sacked, too.

--------------------

Donald Rumsfeld

"Hippocrates"

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Sat, 22 Mar 2014 - 09:14
Post #52

For completeness I have been tracking a FOIR about the Traffic Order

LBWF FOIR request Whipps Cross Bus Lane

It gives precise measurements and without going out and measuring I can only assume the repositioning of the End of Bus Lane sign is not compliant with the 2006 Order.
There is no evidence of an amendment.

If I was this bad at my job I would expect to be sacked.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Scan_to_Whipps_Cross_Bus_Lane_TMO.PDF.pdf ( 447.51K ) Number of downloads: 84

+Quote Post
uppershelf
post Sun, 30 Mar 2014 - 11:47
Post #53

I still haven't heard back from anyone regarding my appeal! Is anybody else still waiting? I know Hippocrates said it will take a long time due to the amount they have probably received. Glitch good work with your letter. The cheek of them "On this occasion....." Makes me laugh!!

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Sun, 30 Mar 2014 - 15:36
Post #54

QUOTE (uppershelf @ Sun, 30 Mar 2014 - 12:47) *
I still haven't heard back from anyone regarding my appeal! Is anybody else still waiting? I know Hippocrates said it will take a long time due to the amount they have probably received. Glitch good work with your letter. The cheek of them "On this occasion....." Makes me laugh!!

Yep, still have a couple of friends waiting to hear but don't worry about it.

Latest news story here

This post has been edited by Glitch: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 - 15:37

+Quote Post
uppershelf
post Tue, 8 Apr 2014 - 07:49
Post #55

At last my 'as a gesture of good will' letter came through cancelling my ticket. They do make me laugh. "On this occasion" angry.gif Ah well happy days and good luck everyone.

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Tue, 20 Aug 2019 - 13:29
Post #56

Just a warning that here appears to be a new camera in this bus lane. Whipps Cross Road just before Green Man Roundabout.

There is no 'End of bus lane' sign in place a the moment so the buss lane is currently non-compliant. Previously there was a sign but not aligned to the end of the solid line.

+Quote Post
Glitch
post Wed, 13 Nov 2019 - 17:24
Post #57

Don't know whether to laugh or cry but the wife has just received a bus lane ticket at this spot again. blush.gif

Checked the TRaffic signs manual. I'm wrong that a 'End of Bus Lane' sign is mandatory.

She'll have to pay up out of her prosecco fund.

+Quote Post
LFC101
post Fri, 22 Nov 2019 - 11:31
Post #58

Member No.: 106,741

My wife has also just recieved one, she's adamant there is no bus lane sign. I will start a new thread as i think there will be quite a few of these appearing shortly.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:38
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here