Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN contravention code 27, Parking next to a dropped kerb
Ianb2000
post Mon, 6 Aug 2018 - 12:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,256

Hi all,

I read a recommendation that this was the place to come prior to appealing any PCN's...so here I am..

I'm based in Devon, so when I took a recent trip up to Birmingham direction I entered small boy big city sort of set up.

Anyway, searched for a parking space next to a park near Walsall and saw a line of cars parked at the end of some double yellows:

==Double yellows== ONECAR GAP REST OF CARS

I pulled the van neatly into that GAP, only to return and find a PCN for parking next to a Dropped footway.

At the time, not being from the area I did have a good scout around from the cab of the van to make sure it wasn't a pay and display or a residents parking area etc, couldn't see any signs saying there was any issues but because I parked passenger side to the kerb, I didn't even see the dropped kerb until I returned..

Just wondering if there is anyway I can weasel out of this. There is no evidence supplied online that I can see, Reg number is correct, Make correct, Colour correct etc... they did only observe the van from 12:32 to 12:33, is that enough time to determine if I was only there temporarily?

I was helping the dogs "unload" in the park and was "loading" myself with an ice cream at the time, but to be fair I parked right in front of the kerb, so I can't suggest there was no obstruction on my part.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Mon, 6 Aug 2018 - 12:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 18:34
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Ianb2000 @ Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 10:52) *
All paid up.

Just wondering however, would there have been any sort of fight regarding the time witnessed and the time issued? Seems mighty quick... not that I'd have made it back in time anyway even if they had left 5 minutes to wait..

The observation time wouldn't help unless a relevant exemption had been in play, there is no grace period for this contravention. You could have appealed based on the telephone surcharge but if you've chosen to pay instead, it's game over I'm afraid.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here