PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Received 4 Parking Charges After Residential Parking Permit Slid Down The Side Of Dashboard
mak13two
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 10:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,877

Last month my car was charged 4 days in a row for illegal parking by UKCPS despite the fact that it was in my designated parking space and I've lived there for 2 years now and have a valid permit.

The reasoning behind the charges was that I hadn't noticed that for those 4 days my permit had actually slid down the side of my dashboard to the point where it wasn't completely visible and this something i constantly check whenever i park up. This led to the attendant to assume my car shouldn't have been there. I immediately appealed after recieving the first letter through my letter box (to the flat in which my car is registered to and the flat number which correlates to the parking space number) with photos showing my parking permit back on display. I also attached a zoomed in version of one of their photos attached to the first charge where you can actually see part of my permit in the corner of the dash as further proof that even though my permit wasn't on full display, that it was actually there and I do possess one.

Even though this had never been a problem before those 4 days, their response to my appeal was to decline it and simply shrug off any my evidence to the fact that if they couldn't see it, then it definitely wasn't there and my car definitely shouldn't have been there. Its also worth noting that there was no ticket left on my car after the first offence and i only received a letter 4 days after that first charge was issued. So instead of realising my permit wasn't fully visible on the first day and fixing it, it took me 4 days and another 3 days of charges to find out about it.

I have now launched an appeal with the IAS for one of the charges (probably jumped the gun on doing this before realising this site existed) but while I wait for their response is there anything else I can do?

I don't really want to be paying 4 fines for a charge which I feel is quite unfair.

Heres an album showing my green permit disk on my cars dahsboard visible on a photo UKCPS provided with my first charge (though it was unfortunately hidden by another public parking pass that fell over it) and the parking terms in my tenancy agreement along with the parking sign.
https://imgur.com/a/rQmuGAZ

Aplogies if theres anything in the content of this post that i should have explained or done differently, this is my first post.

I hope you can provide me with some assistance.

This post has been edited by mak13two: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 11:20
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 10:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 11:11
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

IAS appeal is not usually recommended. Don't be surprised to get a rejection, they promise an 85% rejection rate to their members.

The permit was displayed and visible from the front. Thye knew it was a permit but also wanted some money.

+Quote Post
mak13two
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 11:46
Post #3

QUOTE (ostell @ Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 12:11) *
IAS appeal is not usually recommended. Don't be surprised to get a rejection, they promise an 85% rejection rate to their members.

The permit was displayed and visible from the front. Thye knew it was a permit but also wanted some money.

Yeah, so i've come to realise after doing some research. I was just on autopilot after receiving the appeal denial email.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 12:50
Post #4

Member No.: 91,235

Scan the tenancy agreement in its entirety as a pdf file, redact any personal data, and post it here.

There are other things for which to search apart from the bit on parking.

+Quote Post
mak13two
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 14:29
Post #5

QUOTE (Eljayjay @ Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 13:50) *
Scan the tenancy agreement in its entirety as a pdf file, redact any personal data, and post it here.

There are other things for which to search apart from the bit on parking.

Thanks for the suggestion, as an update i've had a chat with the land owners/lettings company about it and they seem to agree that its unfair to be fined me 4 times while having a permit in the car so they have contacted UKCPS to ask them to cancel the charges.
Currently waiting for confirmation that the fines have been brushed under the rug but if that fails then i'll get onto posting my tenancy agreement here.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 20:02
Post #6

Member No.: 91,235

That is fine insofar as it goes but...

Do bear in mind that cancelled tickets now will not prevent the parking operator coming back at you in the future.

So, for peace of mind, you may wish to kill this now.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 20:07
Post #7

Member No.: 60,457

See if you can get yourself on copy of any communication between the owners and UKCPS demanding that they cancel

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 21:14
Post #8

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (mak13two @ Fri, 14 Sep 2018 - 15:29) *
Thanks for the suggestion, as an update i've had a chat with the land owners/lettings company about it and they seem to agree that its unfair to be fined me 4 times while having a permit in the car so they have contacted UKCPS to ask them to cancel the charges.

Out of curiosity, how many times do they think you should be penalised for this egregious breach of the terms and conditions of parking in your own parking space? Zero, I hope...

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 14th November 2018 - 12:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.