Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CPMS Parking ticket - Not parking in designated bay
nkaloo
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 19:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,211

Evening all,

Unfortunately I'm unable to upload pictures due to the size, so I'll try to summarise as best as I can. Basically a friend of mine parked her car on some private property next to some flats. She didn't want to take a resident's parking bay, so she parked near the bins which was also a fire assembly point. She didn't come out to find a ticket on her car, but then got a letter for CPMS a few weeks later to say she had been fined for not parking in a designated bay?

We are going to look to appeal in the first instance. My question is, what is the legality of this fine? Obviously it's private property so fines mean nothing, but they didn't even put a ticket on her car. So as far as she was aware, she did nothing wrong. This is also evidenced in the pictures they took at the scene. Its clear there is no ticket on the car.

Does anyone have any dealing with CPMS? I've never heard of them so not sure what their tactics are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 19:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Dave65
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 21:22
Post #2

Member No.: 78,368

They are not fines,
Edit your post and remove anything that may ID the driver.
Refer only to "the driver" parked "the driver " didn't do this or that.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 21:24
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

Load the pictures onto an external hosting site and link to them from here, as detailed in the READ THIS FIRST sticky

It's not a fine, it's an invoice.

If there was no ticket on the car how long exactly was the "few weeks later"? Was was the date of the alleged breach and the date the letter was received? Was there more than 14 days between them?

What did the signs say?

Do not identify the driver.

You haven't given us much to go on yet, it's probably eminently worth fighting but the crystal ball can't cope.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 12th December 2018 - 08:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.