Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

M62 variable speed limit, Company car
Concerned123
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,874

Hi

Please can someone help. I received a nip for an offence that took place on 23 August on the m62 between junction 19 to 18. I was doing 48 on 40 variable road. however i received the nip on 12/11/19. The car is a company car which is registered to a lease company who then got in touch with the Company I work for and was given this as the reason for the delay. I then received a further nip on 30 November 19 on the same junction for the offence that took place on 30 September. My question is these delays are causing me great concern as to how many more can I expect. I am really stressed out. When I queried the first ticket with greater Manchester police thry said they received the details from my compa y on 16 October but thry didn't send the nip till 12 November because they were 2 busy. Is there anything u can do
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:18
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:29
Post #2

Member No.: 47,602

Unfortunately, only the first NiP - the one sent to the registered keeper, i.e. the lease company - is subject to a time limit. Nothing you’ve said suggests any defence.

+Quote Post
Aiden
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:32
Post #3

Member No.: 103,503

In summary, the police by law need to ensure the first NIP is delivered to the registered keeper of the car within 14 days of the offence being committed. As you won't be the registered keeper as its a company car, this doesn't apply to you. If you have reason that the lease company or your company (whoever is the registered keeper) received it outside of the 14 day window then the offence won't stand...but that's very unlikely.

For both offences, you need to reply back stating you were the driver unless it was someone else. Otherwise not naming is an offence in itself.

Did you discuss with GMP if there's any outstanding tickets apart from the two you know (they may not provide the data due to data protection) or rang up the Fixed Penalty office in your area and ask them how many tickets they've got against the reg of the car you were driving?

+Quote Post
Concerned123
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:32
Post #4

Member No.: 106,874

Thanks aiden and 666

This post has been edited by Concerned123: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:37

+Quote Post
blackcross
post Sun, 1 Dec 2019 - 20:33
Post #5

Member No.: 104,487

If the leasing company is the registered keeper and the NIP was served on the leasing company with 14 days of the offence then the procedure has been followed.

After a valid NIP the police have some latitude in issuing s172 notices to your company and to you. At each stage of the process the person/company served has 28 days to reply but the police don’t have to be terribly prompt about issuing to the next person/company in the chain. The only real constraint on them is to establish the identify of the driver and commence proceedings against them within six months of the offence.

If you were driving you should name yourself, to avoid another offence. If you think you have a defence to the speeding you can deal with that when the police make you an offer.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 2 Dec 2019 - 01:17
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

You might see if you can get your fleet manager to ask the leasing company to let him know if they receive a NIP.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 10:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here