PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
PCN Appeal - Single Yellow - Poor signage?
kenb16a
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 17:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,337

Hey people.

Would appreciate some insignt on the PCN i received to see if i have a case to appeal based on the signage of for the restricted zone, or based on any inacuracies on the PCN itself.
I will upload both sides of the PCN it self and also picstures of where the car is parked, Marked on a red square.
So my reason for appeal is due to the lack of singage of the restricted timings for parking on the yellow line. Although my car is parked on a single yellow line, it was a little further back and when i got out of the car i did not walk around the bend. I only walked to the middle noticed the informaiton for the Bay parking. Around the bend is a dead end and i would have expected signs for the restricted ours to be inline with the signs for the Bay parking.

I have been searching and not been able to find the guidlines on how the signage for restricted timings needs top be positioned so would appreciate any information on this.
Massivley appreciate some guidance on this.

(above is the signage further up the same road)

(lampost where the restricted times are shown for parking around the bed. can confirm at the end of that road is a T bar. However no vehicles can go around its a dead end)

Many Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 17:08
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:19
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

The yellow line puts you on-notice that there is a restriction and that a sign will be located somewhere giving the restricted times. If the area is within a CPZ, the signs are at the entrance to the zone, with none by individual yellow lines. Note the double-yellows are always 24x7 and need no sign. Your third photo shows that there is a sign applying to where you parked, albeit a few yards round the corner. I think you might struggle to convince an adjudicator that the sign was a long way away. Basically, you were not diligent enough in seeking out the sign which, frankly, is only a few yards away. Sorry if this doesn't match your expectations.

+Quote Post
kenb16a
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:14
Post #3

Thanks for the promt reply, I appreciate what you are saying.

Are there any grounds to the sign not being to the entrance of the zone and are actually at the end?

Is there an expectation to be walking around corners to look for signs? I parked the car and walked all the way up the street which had no signs.

Albeit i walked the other way around the corner after the incident had occured but would have that the sign would be adjacent with the road parked on at the least

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:47
Post #4

Member No.: 54,455

The single sign applies to the length of the yellow line and could be argued it should be on the bend not round the corner. However, it is very unlikely the council will give way if you submit reps, so you'd have to forego the discount and take them to adjudication to test the matter.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:59
Post #5

Member No.: 16,671

I've got to be harsh too, sorry.

Your pics are a bit deceptive. You actually parked right at the start of a relatively short SY.

According to your account, rather than follow it, you walked to look in the other direction?

i.e. off and away from the restriction.

This post has been edited by Neil B: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:00

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:03
Post #6

Member No.: 21,551

Get their photos pl.

My GSV does not show any separate time plate, so let's see what they present in evidence.

How do you know this wasn't just a case of parking on a SYL within a CPZ?

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:08
Post #7

Member No.: 59,924

I'm not sure but has Leeds abolished its city centre CPZ?

Leeds has an online traffic web system where the orders can be checked on a map:

https://www.leedstraffweb.co.uk

+Quote Post
kenb16a
post Sun, 13 Oct 2019 - 11:18
Post #8

I will get an actual picture of the sign on the lampost, however i have attached a picture of what the sign looks like.
I went for an interview at the bulding opposite the bay sign parking therefore I didnt think to go around the bend at the time as i walked in the opposite direction.
I have also attached a pic fro0m the Leeds traffic orders map swhich shows double yellow lines, which it clearly is not, i have marked the location with a short blue thick line
Appreciate the informaiton so far
Thank you.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sun, 13 Oct 2019 - 11:34
Post #9

Member No.: 21,551

So my reason for appeal is due to the lack of singage of the restricted timings for parking on the yellow line

therefore I didnt think to go around the bend at the time as i walked in the opposite direction.

But as regards the yellow line, there was no 'opposite direction' in which to walk on the line looking for a sign. You were right next to a parking place.

Therefore in conjunction the above show that at best you cast a cursory glance along the road and having satisfied yourself that you couldn't see a sign walked off in the opposite direction.

I would not risk the discount on these events.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here