Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Longwater Retail Park, outside Norwich
Broadsman
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 09:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,735

Hi all,

Had the misfortune of visiting Longwater yesterday and see that Highview Parking have moved in, this will seriously P off Andre at NTC who thinks he has a monopoly around Norwich. biggrin.gif

Although Highview are there, ya know suffin? I don't mind. WHY? There is a 5 hour time limit. Even for the forgetful, you ain't gonna spend 5 hours walking around stores and then go back cos "you forgot something".

Longwater Retail Park

Disclaimer: I don't get out much to the shops (yippee) so these signs may have been up for a while.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 09:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 10:51
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

5 hours is probably to catch out those who are actually 'abusing' the car park...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Broadsman
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 13:12
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 10:51) *
5 hours is probably to catch out those who are actually 'abusing' the car park...

I have no problem with that.

The position of the retail park, I would say there are very few that are abusing it except the ligitimate ones that work there.

+Quote Post
nigelbb
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 14:37
Post #4

Member No.: 60,602

Not sure why they need a PPC to manage parking at all. Nobody could possibly want to park there unless visiting the various stores. They have not needed a PPC thus far & the retail park has been open for years. There have always been plenty of free spaces whenever I have visited.

I'm not so local any more so cannot check but aside from the 5 hour limit do the signs list any other 'crimes' like parking outside a marked bay etc?

--------------------
British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice(Appendix C contains Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 ) & can be found here http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-monitoring
DfT Guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf
Damning OFT advice on levels of parking charges that was ignored by the BPA Ltd Reference Request Number: IAT/FOIA/135010 – 12 October 2012

+Quote Post
Broadsman
post Fri, 30 Dec 2016 - 18:07
Post #5

I "think" the usual crimes were displayed, I'll have to get another pass to go out and check. smile.gif

Think I'm that way next week so will do a drive by.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here