PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Equita Penalty Charge Notice Debt
samgc012
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 20:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,922

Hi everyone, thank you in advance for any help you give. I not so recently received a notice of enforcement from Equita, this was due to a PCN I never received from TFL regarding the congestion charge. I filed a Statutory declaration statement claiming out of time and it was accepted. The letter I received from the county court claims "It is ordered that the order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge be revoked. It is further ordered the charge certificate be cancelled." I then paid the original PCN to TFL and thought nothing of it. However I have just received a letter from Equita stating the "Penalty Charge Notice debt still remains outstanding", I am unsure if I am supposed to pay this as from what I was lead to believe everything has been paid off.

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 20:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 20:45
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

is it for the same PCN?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 01:00
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (samgc012 @ Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 20:36) *
Hi everyone, thank you in advance for any help you give. I not so recently received a notice of enforcement from Equita, this was due to a PCN I never received from TFL regarding the congestion charge. I filed a Statutory declaration statement claiming out of time and it was accepted. The letter I received from the county court claims "It is ordered that the order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge be revoked. It is further ordered the charge certificate be cancelled." I then paid the original PCN to TFL and thought nothing of it. However I have just received a letter from Equita stating the "Penalty Charge Notice debt still remains outstanding", I am unsure if I am supposed to pay this as from what I was lead to believe everything has been paid off.

Have you tried calling TFL and asking them about it?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
samgc012
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 13:05
Post #4

It is for the same PCN, I didn't know if TFL would be able to help at all as it's a charge from Equita themselves.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 14:14
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (samgc012 @ Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 13:05) *
It is for the same PCN, I didn't know if TFL would be able to help at all as it's a charge from Equita themselves.

Equita will be acting on instructions from TFL, so you have to ask TFL why they're sending Equita after you when they've already been paid. It may be that TFL made a mistake, and if not, they'll be able to explain why the charge has been escalated.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
samgc012
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 14:19
Post #6

Okay great, I'll phone TFL tonight and report back.

+Quote Post
Bailiff Advice
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 00:46
Post #7

Member No.: 83,440

QUOTE (samgc012 @ Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 20:36) *

It is odd because yours is the third time in the past week or so that I have heard the same thing happening and what really worries me, is how many motorists have ended up paying because they fear another visit from bailiffs.

A warrant cannot be requested unless the debt has been registered at the Northampton Court Court Traffic Enforcement Centre. For the avoidance of doubt, registration of the debt does not lead to a CCJ and the motorists credit file is not affected.

Once registered, the motorist will be sent a formal notice called an Order for Recovery. If the Order for Recovery remains unpaid after a set time, the local authority may request permission to issue a warrant. It is the warrant to gives the bailiff the power the enforce the debt.

If a Statutory Declaration is accepted, the Order for Recovery is revoked and with it the debt registration. As there is no debt, there can be no warrant and any uncollected bailiff fee die. There are no two ways about it.

http//:www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk

+Quote Post
samgc012
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 09:45
Post #8

I phoned TFL last night and they advised me to call Equita themselves and inform them that the PCN has been paid. When I contacted Equita they told me that the letter I received was an automated one which must have been sent prior to TFL informing them the PCN had been revoked. They told me to ignore the letter and not to worry. Hope this helps anyone who gets the same letter.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 10:45
Post #9

Member No.: 21,551

The phone is the devil's instrument. You should confirm in writing.

Email TfL, cc Equita, so everyone has a written record.

+Quote Post
samgc012
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 13:16
Post #10

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 10:45) *
The phone is the devil's instrument. You should confirm in writing.

Email TfL, cc Equita, so everyone has a written record.

I will get onto that now, Thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here