PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[NIP Wizard] 92 in a 70 mph dual carriageway.
Happycamper123
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 08:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,457

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - March 2018
Date of the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 6 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A34 N/BOUND, AT GREAT LITCHFIELD DOWN, NR WHITCHURCH, HAMPSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Speeding Motor Vehicle Exceed 70 mph on a dual carriageway - manned equipment. Recorded Speed 92. I was overtaking some lorries and had cars in front and behind me travelling at the same rate. Lorries had pulled out and backed up the fast lane and when they pulled back in everyone accelerated to overtake. I have no issues being caught, I am embarrassed that I was travelling at that speed but I just want to know if I am likely to go to court. I've been driving 19 years, no faults, claims, accidents or previous offences and I am really nervous about it.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Do nothing!

The police are not requesting the information from you, they are requesting it from the person the NIP is addressed to.
    Wait until you receive a NIP addressed to you personally, then come back here.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 08:30:37 +0000

Just to clarify, the notice was sent to car leasing company who have sent me a copy and informed me that the fine will make it's way to my home address. Just really nervous (as I should be granted) as I have never been through this before.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Advertisement
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 08:32
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
morrisman
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 08:39
Post #2

Member No.: 14,668

Should be offered a fixed penalty £100 + 3 points

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 09:07
Post #3

QUOTE (morrisman @ Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 09:39) *
Should be offered a fixed penalty £100 + 3 points

Thank you for the response morrisman. Much appreciated.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 09:15
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

Assuming you were in a vehicle allowed to do 70mph then they would summon to court at 96mph. So as noted a 3 point fixed penalty which should be accepted!

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 09:18
Post #5

QUOTE (Jlc @ Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 10:15) *
Assuming you were in a vehicle allowed to do 70mph then they would summon to court at 96mph. So as noted a 3 point fixed penalty which should be accepted!

Yes I was in my car (wont name the model).

Again, many thanks and believe me I will accept and lesson has been learned already.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 09:41
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

Do not beat yourself up about it, over 800,000 drivers a year get speeding tickets. You do need to tell your insurers probably at renewal (but check your policy), but 3 points may not affect your premium at all. If they use it as an excuse for a big increase, look around for another company, which is good advice on each renewal anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 11:00
Post #7

QUOTE (Logician @ Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 10:41) *
Do not beat yourself up about it, over 800,000 drivers a year get speeding tickets. You do need to tell your insurers probably at renewal (but check your policy), but 3 points may not affect your premium at all. If they use it as an excuse for a big increase, look around for another company, which is good advice on each renewal anyway.

Cheers Logician

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Tue, 17 Apr 2018 - 15:04
Post #8

Sorry to ask yet another question but...

The lease company stated they responded to the NIP and sent the police force my details on the 5th April....I am yet to hear anything from the police however.

Is this normal or should I chase the force in question (I know chasing a speeding ticket - who would have thought)? Just worried in case they state they sent it to me and I haven't received it and then I get an additional telling off for not responding. I fully intend to hold my hands up and face the consequences, so no issues there.

Is it worth making contact or should I just sit here and wait it out?

Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 17 Apr 2018 - 15:50
Post #9

Member No.: 49,223

Yeah, ironically it's probably worth 'chasing'. 2 weeks isn't unusual though...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Tue, 17 Apr 2018 - 18:03
Post #10

Thanks for the response.

I only have a copy of the front of the NIP received by the lease company, but it has the summary justice unit email address on the front. Should I just drop them an email asking if they have received the information from the lease company and let them know I am yet to receive anything at my home address, or should I send them a letter?

Thanks again folks.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 17 Apr 2018 - 18:24
Post #11

Member No.: 317

If you have an email address use that, otherwise snail......

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Wed, 18 Apr 2018 - 07:00
Post #12

Cheers Rookie, email sent.

Ps - love the sig biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Tue, 24 Apr 2018 - 09:06
Post #13

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say I have today received the COF of 3 pts and £100 fine which I shall accept.

I also wanted to thank those of you who took the time to reply to me. Until this I have been squeaky clean - so it was completely new to me and the information and responses were a massive help.

Thanks very much

Adam

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 24 Apr 2018 - 11:17
Post #14

Member No.: 317

Don't forget to send off your licence, its surprising how many people forget and create a world of pain for themselves.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Happycamper123
post Tue, 24 Apr 2018 - 16:30
Post #15

Will do, just want to grab a copy of it prior to sending it off, just in case I need to produce it for something else (hope not).

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Wont be doing this again in a hurry.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 13:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here