PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Armtrac Antichrist Security Services Vs Me outside Argos (Camborne)
BrownAndOutInCor...
post Sat, 13 Aug 2011 - 15:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,907

Hello to all. Just wanted to say firstly I am overwhelmed I found this place which is both heartening and has also given me a great deal of information - on who I view to be [Mod edit]. This board seems to be populated by people with a great deal of legal knowledge and in light of that I just wanted to post the details of my case in a concise manner and just highlight where I think there are some weaknesses in Amtracs case against me. My legal knowledge is minimal so I warmly welcome any advice or comment on the case.

My incident is as follows. I drove into the area Argos and the cab rank operate in Camborne to pick up a friend to drop him somewhere. The area was busy and he was not yet there so I pulled into one of the bays delineated as private property. I turned the engine off, left the ignission on when in the bay and did not mean to stay parked there as I was well aware of other getting ticketed. with a min or two mins max The Armtrac van swerved somewhat recklessly around the corner and parked directly behind me. I cannot clearly remember but I think I may have even started to back out of the space slowly. The large Armtrac woman exited her van and passed by my rolled down window saying something to the effect that I had been warned. I pleaded with her, though already somewhat annoyed, to move and I would move my car straight away. She declined and started making some notes standing at the front of my car. I exited my car when she pulled her camera out and told her I was not going to let her take photos of my car. what followed was a in hindsight somewhat comical game of dancing around where she was trying to take a pic of my front license plate while I held my hand a short ways in front of the camera to block the lens. I then sat on my bonnet and covered my front plate with my legs. The woman then backed right into me using some force to kind of lever me to the side so she could get a shot of the plate. I did not budge and so then she stepped back to phone someone (I guess at the office). She told them I was not giving her a clear shot of the car (she took many photos of me anyhow) and that I was not letting her attach the ticket to my car. At this point I said I hadn't stopped her ticketing the car and she did so. She continued on the phone to whomever, saying I was ripping up the ticket (I did not. I have the full ticket unripped right here) and that I was accusing her of using force against me. She kept saying things to the extent of 'I'm only a woman, how can I push a guy around'. She also told the man on the line I was threatening her. At hearing that I made it clear the only threat I had made was that I would see her in Court. It was an ugly scene and when she finally moved her van we continued arguing. She moved off and I moved my car out of the private area. I then exited my car again to take her reg and I spoke briefly to a cab driver. While I was doing this, for whatever reason, she was at the other end of the parking area taking photos of me. I finally got in my car and in a great deal of pain in my stomach left the area. The pain was so sharp I went pale and was sweating and had to pull over to get my breath.

The incident was caught on CCTV and the police are reviewing the tapes after I reported her for assault and as I understand it Battery as she actually caused full physical contact with me. In terms of the ticket though the signs (of which I have many many pics taken today) expressly note cars left in the area contravene the 'rules'. I am thinking as I had my ignission on and was readying myself to move (I used the space mainly as a point at which to turn my car around, during which time I was hoping my friend would appear and jump in the car) I had hardly left my car in the area. It was ironically Armtrac who were preventing me from moving my car by blocking me in. This was done for safety reasons I was told. I do not understand at all how this is safe. The move seemed reckless and blocked traffic in that area for a number of minutes. I will not pay for reasons of principle but I'm not sure how best to approach the case if it does go to court. I am thinking the poor poor quality of sign age in the area might be a point of focus.On a general note what I find most disconcerting is the aggression I was subjected to in being blocked in and the manner in which I was targeted. I even overheard the woman on the phone telling whomever on the other end that I was the guy that went into Argos and told a family they were being ticketed a number of days ago. I did do this and I did it only to help out the family who were visiting Argos. It was all a very ugly spectacle and I am disgusted by Armtrac and intend to fight them as far as I can even if I am sure to lose.

All comments welcome and all advice especially welcome. I intend to post the pics of the signs as some others would like to use them I think. I also intend to contant the BPA and complain about the signage and the conduct of the people who work for this thieving outfit.

Sorry for the lengt,. I just didn't want to provide only a rough sketch. Thanks again for this forum. sorry for poor grammar and typos, my fingers are fat and error prone on the keys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Sat, 13 Aug 2011 - 15:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Argos Jon
post Mon, 22 Aug 2011 - 07:02
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,622

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Sun, 21 Aug 2011 - 22:37) *
If you want to make their life difficult complain to the retailer - Argos Head Office - about the PPC and report them to Trading Standards (both complaints must be in writing).

I don't believe Argos has anything to do with the patrolled parking bays there. There are four bays directly opposite Argos which are public and anyone can park in them - these I believe are owned by Argos. The rest are private.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here