PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Box Junction: 2 PCNs in 3 days, Northcote Road - Battersea Rise
MattGold
post Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 19:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,056

Well this is a first for me, not getting 2 PCNs in 3 days, but getting done for a Box Junction contravention. Box Junctions serve a valid and beneficial purpose in certain situations , however there are some which are clearly misconceived. I have read several stories on this forum alone where YBJs have been demonstrated to be illegal, pointless and obstructive to traffic flow and I was clearly delighted to find the following blog and photo gallery concerning the junction in which I have 'sinned'.

Photo gallery - Northcote Rd - Battersea Rise London

Blog - moneyboxjunction

Below is the evidence that TfL have sent to 'prove' that I entered the box illegally...etc...

29/11/2007
27/11/2007

I am attempting to determine what my position might be with representations against these PCNs and would appreciate any opinions and advice

All the best
Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 19:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Box Clever
post Sat, 15 Dec 2007 - 11:04
Post #2

Member No.: 8,921

My advice is that you make representation on the grounds that it is impossible to comply with the directive in the Highway Code that says "You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear" (Rule 174). The reason is that you cannot see the exit side of the box from Northcote Road because it is hidden by buildings and street furniture.

You could also have a go at them for issuing the second PCN before you had a chance to receive the first. This is blatant "tax farming".

TfL will completely disregard you representations and issue a Notice of Rejection (they always do). By the time you receive a NoR I will have had a chance to compile an appeal for this junction which will be used for quite a few other people.

You are not alone.....

--------------------
More about box junction enforcement on my website: Money Box Junction
Support Neil Herron. Donate to the Motorists Legal Challenge Fund

+Quote Post
BoxedOff
post Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - 11:27
Post #3

Member No.: 16,152

I've also received a PCN for turning left at Nortcote road and will be contesting it.

The box extends to the left of the junction so it's pretty much impossible to see the last section of the box- which is where my back wheels were photographed.

Also - looking at another site for info;

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/yellow.htm

it seems to raise some doubt about the validity about the markings of the box - it should go right to the kerb and the yellow lines should go right into the box corners - neither ofwhich comply in this case.

Do you also know whether they have video evidence at this junction or is it just still photos?

If you do get any more feedback on this I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

+Quote Post
BoxedOff
post Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - 11:40
Post #4

Member No.: 16,152

Btw - the photo also clearly shows a bus behind me blocking the whole of the yellow box - i only had the back tyres just in it.

Do you think the bus will have been issued with a PCN?

Any idea how this could be checked - I would hate to see TFL being seen to be less than fair !!!!!

+Quote Post
MattGold
post Thu, 17 Jan 2008 - 10:24
Post #5

Member No.: 16,056

QUOTE (BoxedOff @ Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - 11:27) *
I've also received a PCN for turning left at Nortcote road and will be contesting it.

The box extends to the left of the junction so it's pretty much impossible to see the last section of the box- which is where my back wheels were photographed.

Also - looking at another site for info;

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/yellow.htm

it seems to raise some doubt about the validity about the markings of the box - it should go right to the kerb and the yellow lines should go right into the box corners - neither ofwhich comply in this case.

Do you also know whether they have video evidence at this junction or is it just still photos?

If you do get any more feedback on this I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I was wondering, and hope that someone can advise, whether a yellow box must extend to the kerb or to the yellow/red lines around the kerb.

I notice that the corners of many yellow boxes abutt the yellow or red lines and don't abutt the kerb - which is technically correct?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:48
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here