Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Islington Henshall Street Appeal Allowed London Tribunals
hakss
post Sun, 8 Jan 2017 - 16:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,509

Dear PepiPeople

Happy new year to all, im a new member to this site and wanted to post a success story in relation to a PCN i received in August last year from Islington Borough Council for an alleged "failure to comply with a sign indicating a prohibition on certain types of vehicle" contravention, this was said to have happened on a very popular street in NW1, HENSHALL STREET.

Henshall seems to be popular on most forums out there including this one.

I admitted to turning down the no entry Henshall Street but argued that because the signage was not to the prescribed form no offence had taken place and the PCN was voidable, i also was quick to point out the arrogance of Islington Borough Council in submitting photos of the signage as evidence taken during the day when the alleged offence happened at night which may or may not help others to know.

Is it common practice to upload the PCN, then evidence from both sides and finally the appeal result from London Tribunals?

Cheers

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Sun, 8 Jan 2017 - 16:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 8 Jan 2017 - 17:28
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

It would be nice to see your appeal and the adjudication

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
hakss
post Sun, 8 Jan 2017 - 22:16
Post #3

Member No.: 89,509

Here is the Adjudicator's Decision

Ill post the appeal once i locate the thing but pretty much hes repeating the content of the appeal.

Cheers

+Quote Post
igotstung
post Mon, 27 Feb 2017 - 22:12
Post #4

Member No.: 90,541

QUOTE (hakss @ Sun, 8 Jan 2017 - 16:55) *
Dear PepiPeople

Happy new year to all, im a new member to this site and wanted to post a success story in relation to a PCN i received in August last year from Islington Borough Council for an alleged "failure to comply with a sign indicating a prohibition on certain types of vehicle" contravention, this was said to have happened on a very popular street in NW1, HENSHALL STREET.

Henshall seems to be popular on most forums out there including this one.

I admitted to turning down the no entry Henshall Street but argued that because the signage was not to the prescribed form no offence had taken place and the PCN was voidable, i also was quick to point out the arrogance of Islington Borough Council in submitting photos of the signage as evidence taken during the day when the alleged offence happened at night which may or may not help others to know.

Is it common practice to upload the PCN, then evidence from both sides and finally the appeal result from London Tribunals?

Cheers

Hi, it looks like I'm in the exact same position as you in this PCN case, I was approaching from the left also in the dark. Could you share what you wrote to islington in your appeal please?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:17
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here