PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cut a Bit Of Slack For Delivery Drivers, Ill get my Hat!!
Ziggyplayedguita...
post Sat, 25 Sep 2021 - 11:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,260

So...delivery drivers are in short supply.....predictable.

I had a Van Delivery Job and had to jack it because of the amount of points I was totting up!!I loved the job.It was night work.

Obviously being on the road 10 hours a day left me more prone to points be they speed limit traps or traffic lights to name but two.I fear for this country if we dont do something huh.gif

Im not expecting too much sympathy??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 27)
Advertisement
post Sat, 25 Sep 2021 - 11:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Ziggyplayedguita...
post Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 12:21
Post #21

So...I am the opening poster ....

Coincedentally ....The Firm I used to work for have begged me to go back this week.I have been doing other jobs for a year.By the time I am driving again with them some of my driving eligibility may look a bit more positive.

Perhaps other drivers who do this job for a living will agree with me....when you are driving the time flies past ...you are focussed on getting to the next drop and delivering it correctly.

im sorely tempted....what do you think ??

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 12:40
Post #22

Member No.: 80,686

Only you can weight up the benefits vs the downsides vs what you're doing currently.

+Quote Post
Ziggyplayedguita...
post Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 12:53
Post #23

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 13:40) *
Only you can weight up the benefits vs the downsides vs what you're doing currently.

I know.....I'm really torn on this one tho

+Quote Post
Spandex
post Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 15:46
Post #24

Member No.: 87,665

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 12:02) *
I acknowledge your optimism (or myopia) that only a small proportion of roads have implausible speed limits, poor signage and that the standard of competence of road users is generally of an acceptable standard.

I fear you may be making up some of my 'optimism', as I haven't commented on the competence of road users.

Presumably the poor standards you refer to are the same thing that prevents people from sticking to the limits they disagree with, or identifying the current limit when faced with less than perfect signage?

This post has been edited by Spandex: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 15:56

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 16:33
Post #25

Member No.: 80,686

QUOTE (Spandex @ Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 16:46) *
Presumably the poor standards you refer to are the same thing that prevents people from sticking to the limits they disagree with, or identifying the current limit when faced with less than perfect signage?

No. Incorrect presumption.

QUOTE (Ziggyplayedguitar2 @ Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 13:53) *
QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Tue, 5 Oct 2021 - 13:40) *

I know.....I'm really torn on this one tho

Anyway, back on topic. Aside from the obvious pay etc, maybe consdier the more 'arcane' elements like pension fund, real hours (vs contractual hours - i.e add in travel time to/from home), working days, holidays? Even the condition of the 'workspace' (what are the vehicles like inside?), safety etc etc?

It really depends what you value most.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 8 Nov 2021 - 00:16
Post #26

Member No.: 90,659

Around here lots of van drivers (and BMW & Audi) plates seem to have mysteriously fallen off and are pushed onto the dashboard onto a human-readable but not camera readable position.

AFAIK there was talk about making this three points but in the meantime it seems a highly fortuitous event to occur right before passing a speed camera.

I have often found a piece of paper gets blown onto my numberplate before entering an ANPR-controlled car park operated by one of the more aggressive parking companies. A lot easier than dealing with their stupid appeals process.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Mon, 8 Nov 2021 - 10:20
Post #27

Member No.: 9,683

Oh dear, I've had a couple of my bus company's self-adhesive "rail replacement service " stickers fall onto my back numberplate when leaving car parks. Only discovered when i got home. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jdh
post Mon, 8 Nov 2021 - 11:22
Post #28

Member No.: 1,224

My wife's car's recently failed its MOT for "Repair immediately (major defects):
Rear Registration plate insecure (0.1 (a))" - the rear number plate is held on using 4 vertical strips of double sided foam tape (been like it from new) and 1 of the strips had failed meaning. The testing station fixed it for free (new strip of tape) and it passed the retest. The 2 barely legal front tyres were merely advisories, I'd already told her to get them changed a while back, which she has at least done since.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here