PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PPC about to be introduced because of CPZ
I-LOV-MONEY
post Tue, 16 Apr 2019 - 16:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,529

The area where I live has had so many new developments (built without parking arrangements), the Council in their wisdom are introducing a CPZ throughout the area. I am lucky that my street is unadopted by the local council and therefore not subject to the CPZ. However, to prevent everyone descending onto the street, the Management company that run the estate have employed PCM to control the parking arrangements. As much as I detest the PPCs, I realise it has to be done.

However, firstly the signage, is there anything incorrect? There are signs about every third lampost along the street.

The letter to residents says it will be enforced Monday to Friday (ie not weekends). The sign just says "24 hours" and no reference to particular days. I suppose once word gets round, people maybe tempted to park here at weekends, but we are a bus ride away from shops and stations.

In the letter they say they are charging £10 per book of 10 cards for visitors at a charge of £10 per book PLUS £2 for them to be sent recorded delivery. (We own a property in a different area, and my wife spends a lot of time there as a student, and rarely parks here, so her permit will become a 'visitor's permit' !).

The letter from PCM also says that "Your Housing Association has no jurisdiction over enforced vehicles and under no circumstances will they act as mediators in any case concerning enforcement action of any vehicles". As they have employed PCM, surely they should be able to tell them to drop a case?

So just wondered if anybody had any thoughts. What are PCM like as a parking company?

--------------------
I thank you for reading this message.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 28)
Advertisement
post Tue, 16 Apr 2019 - 16:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 20 Apr 2019 - 18:01
Post #21

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (I-LOV-MONEY @ Sat, 20 Apr 2019 - 16:23) *
Why has this post gone to 'The Flame Pit' rather than the general postings?

Nobody has received a PCN etc so it’s not a live case for an advice thread.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
I-LOV-MONEY
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 17:14
Post #22

I wrote to the Management company outlining that PCM have the reputation of being one of the worst parking companies. I referred to the Windsor decision and the Watchdog report. I also pointed out that the signs start about a hundred yards down the road (people do park in this first section - probably non-residents), therefore presumably that part is not enforceable. Also, that I understood it was to be timed to coincide with the CPZ coming into the area. There is no date for this to be implemented yet!

I received a reply "With regards to PCM they are the company that has been procured by the Management Company to enforce parking in estates such as these. I take your comments on board."

I did find one concession that hasn't been advertised to the residents, regarding tradesmen that maybe working over a period of time on property. "With regards to the permits, if you have any registered contractor coming to do work, they can contact us for a code to display in their vehicle whilst works are being completed."

They are not going to change the parking company because of, presumably, one complaint. They have probably signed a contract with them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 07:26
Post #23

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (I-LOV-MONEY @ Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 18:14) *
"With regards to PCM they are the company that has been procured by the Management Company to enforce parking in estates such as these. I take your comments on board."

I'd be asking what the procurement process was, who else did they ask to quote, ask for a copy of the RFQ, ask what their due diligence process is.

Remind them they work for YOU.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 07:37
Post #24

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 08:26) *
who else did they ask to quote

Competitive tender? They will all be quoting £0 - thus why they have to issue tickets...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 07:53
Post #25

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 08:37) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 08:26) *
who else did they ask to quote

Competitive tender? They will all be quoting £0 - thus why they have to issue tickets...

There are other aspects like ability to cancel (and any numerical limits on 'free' cancellations), costs for permits (they like to charge), phone line availability (37hr/pw v 24/7 for example) and so on.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
I-LOV-MONEY
post Tue, 28 May 2019 - 18:19
Post #26

Not sure if I should post this here, or start a new thread. If it needs to be moved, please do so!

As previously explained the reason the PPC was employed is that the roads around us are going to be subject to a CPZ. It is due to start operating in a couple of weeks time. Signs are starting to appear, and single and double yellow lines are being painted on the roads.
Incidentally the Council provided residents with a map of the areas that are being covered, which included my road. My road is unadopted by the local council and should not be included. I have an e-mail from the Council last year which said it would not be included. I have written to them querying why it is included in the map - no reply yet. I don't suppose by including this road it would make the whole thing invalid ?! They have put DYL for about a yard into the road linking from the road at the top. There are also signs on entry 'Zone Ends' and on exit 'CPZ ...'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 29 May 2019 - 08:25
Post #27

What a mess!

If the council have a right to control parking in your street the PPC do not and vice versa.

Most likely a council hen up. You could always apply for a council permit (presumably that's how they are controlling the CPZ) and see what they say!

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
I-LOV-MONEY
post Wed, 29 May 2019 - 16:28
Post #28

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 29 May 2019 - 09:25) *
What a mess!

If the council have a right to control parking in your street the PPC do not and vice versa.

Most likely a council hen up. You could always apply for a council permit (presumably that's how they are controlling the CPZ) and see what they say!

Well as I say our road is not adopted by the Council. At the top of the road it specifically says 'zone ends' and as you exit the road the sign says 'controlled zone' (ie roads beyond the sign). Basically it is only the map they have got wrong.
I will not be applying for a Council permit as the minimum charge is £15 (+£10 diesel surcharge), and dependent on your Emissions the price increases. Also £1.10 each (set of 12 visitors vouchers).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 31 May 2019 - 08:27
Post #29

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (I-LOV-MONEY @ Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 18:14) *
They have probably signed a contract with them.

This is also why the HA (most likely) cannot simply tell the PPC what to do, e.g., to cancel particular tickets. When the parking operator has a contract with the landowner (or its agent) it is that contract which controls their rights and obligations in relation to its subject matter.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 23rd July 2019 - 02:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.