97 in a 70, recieved summons, what to expect, grrrr
Scotty300
post Wed, 26 May 2010 - 18:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,799

The offense happened on the 23rd April 2010
Location of offence: - a303 westbound carrigeway at south cadbury
if your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Company Car
How many current points do you have? - 0

On the 23rd of April I was carrying out my job of IT Field engineer for my employer, i stupidly got caught doing 97mph in a 70mph!! I can drive upto 1500 miles a week, in my time in employment I have been a cautious, safe, and an honest driver.

I feel i seriously let myself down in this instance by trying to get past a convoy of 5 caravans before the dual carriageway ended as i had been following them for roughly 20 mins at roughly 15mph under the speed limit, I saw an opportunity to overtake as it was a dry, bright day, the road was dry and I had 100% visability of what was in front of me not looking down at my speedometer I pushed on, when i should have been observing my speed which was negligent on my part. i was nearly in front of the last caravan, went round a long bend and there above me was Mr policeman with a laser gun, who promptly radio'd his mate to stop me....I havent heard the last of this as my Mrs is a PC!! argghhh

As i have stumbled across this site whilst paping my pants looking at the summons, could you possibly give me some advise...i seriously hope i dont get banned ohmy.gif(

The only error i have spotted on the summons is the model of car is wrong, i drive a golf, they have displayed passat, even though they do have the correct registration.

I cant believe this happened, what an idiot huh, im sure loads will agree, but that red caravan mist got me, and looks where it gets you....lesson learnt here already and they havent even given a punishment yet!!

Anyhow, ive started making my mitigating circumstances. and im not going to use i need it for my job as ive heard they dont care about that, as its me that should have been thinking about speeding first and losing my job, not getting caught and losing it....sigh

Anyway, less of the essay...

any help would be truthfully grateful, do you think Ban?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Wed, 26 May 2010 - 18:40
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
jobo
post Wed, 26 May 2010 - 18:52
Post #2

Member No.: 16,521

97 puts you just on the edged of a ban but much more likely 6 points

--------------------
jobo

anyone but Murray, Wish granted for another year,

+Quote Post
nemo
post Wed, 26 May 2010 - 18:52
Post #3

Member No.: 2,073

Might be worth having another crack at the NIP Wizard and posting all of its output back into this thread.

QUOTE (Scotty300 @ Wed, 26 May 2010 - 19:40) *
any help would be truthfully grateful, do you think Ban?

Of course it's a possibility, but conviction for 97mph in a 70mph limit is more likely to result in points being imposed (IMHO, and bearing in mind that I would not be passing sentence).

The table below will give an indication of the likely penalties -

+Quote Post
jobo
post Wed, 26 May 2010 - 18:53
Post #4

Member No.: 16,521

--------------------
jobo

anyone but Murray, Wish granted for another year,

+Quote Post
On the square...
post Thu, 27 May 2010 - 10:19
Post #5

Member No.: 10,067

A decently presented apology and some humble groveling may see you off with less than you think.
2 years ago I got pinged at 96 in a 70, so like you just on the cusp of a summons, which I got through some weeks later.
3 points and a £90 fine plus "nudge gamble hi/lo jackpot repeat chance yes/no" surcharge of £30 so all in 3/£120.
Give it a shot. haircut/good suit/grovel
OTS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 9th December 2019 - 20:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.