Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Incase it helps anyone..., Appeals letter and reply
Paul82
post Fri, 2 Jan 2015 - 08:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,266

Morning all,

I came on here in November to ask for some help and suggestions with regard to a parking notice I received. Upon acting on the suggestions given, I wrote my letter, sent it off, and was successful in having the notice immediately cancelled.

I just thought I would put on here the letter I used in case it could help anybody else. It's not the best and I'm sure that in comparison to what many others could compose, it really is quite amateurish! But it did the trick for me.

Thanks everyone for your help, and all the best for the new year!

Paul smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCN No: **********

Dear Sir or Madam,

On Wednesday 19th November 2014, a parking charge notice arrived through my door. The event it was pertaining to was on 31st October 2014.

I am appealing this parking charge notice based on the following:

1. As the registered keeper of the vehicle, I direct you to the Protections of Freedom Act 2012 (Schedule 4). I am the registered keeper of the vehicle in question, and as per this legislation, contacting the registered keeper must take place within 14 days of the documented incident. As you can see, the registered keeper was contacted after 19 days. In light of this, I would advise you to contact the driver of the vehicle at that time, and NOT the registered keeper.
2. The event in question was on 31st October 2014. I was not the driver at that time and the previously mentioned act only invites me to name the driver. As I am not compelled, I choose not to name the driver.
3. The sum demanded should represent the financial loss caused to the landowner by the action of the driver. In a pay and display car park, this would be the pay and display fee. What it is NOT is £100.

Yours,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Fri, 2 Jan 2015 - 08:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 2 Jan 2015 - 08:46
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,223

This thread - one for the completed cases forum.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
matt285
post Fri, 2 Jan 2015 - 18:20
Post #3

Group: Closed
Member No.: 58,914

It is interesting to see that CEL has now cancelled tickets immediately upon a strong defence, rather than continuing to dish out POPLA codes... looks like they also follow ParkingEye's new modus operandi.

Let's see if this is a new trend for them too, or just a single occurrence.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 9th December 2021 - 07:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.