PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Charge Notice NCP
TheSaint
post Sun, 30 Jul 2017 - 09:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,100

So, the driver of the car (not me) got a pcn a week or so ago, having read a bit n here and mse I believe I need to wait for a letter from ncp and reply with a form letter asking for an appal code for poppla. Then appeal and ignore everything else.

The details of the incident:

The driver parked and tried to use the pay by phone option. The driver was on the call for sometime but for an unknown reason the transaction would not complete. The driver had no cash so left the car park. The driver was gone for less than an hour. The parking fee would have been about £1
The driver has screen grabs from the phone to prove they tried to pay.

The driver intends to offer to pay the £1 owed when we get a letter from ncp. Their website does not allow us o pay less than their unjustified penalty of £50 which is probably £100 by now.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 29)
Advertisement
post Sun, 30 Jul 2017 - 09:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 22:53
Post #21

Member No.: 32,130

I can't understand why no POPLA code, and this one is ripe for a complaint email to the BPA.

IMHO, winning at POPLA is far better than ignoring a PCN for years (then getting a claim to defend when you thought it had gone away). The NTK is laughable in its wording and can be explained to POPLA that as the keeper appealed, the NTK categorically says the keeper is not liable, because they have described wrongly the provisions of Schedule 4.

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Tue, 26 Sep 2017 - 20:49
Post #22

Hi guys,
Got the following response. As expected they pretty much ignore everything said in the last message I sent them. But there is a popla code this time.
----------

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice number. We have considered the case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds;

The Parking Attendant has recorded that the vehicle was parked in a pay and display bay without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket. The valid pay and display ticket must then be clearly displayed ensuring that the expiry date is clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle.

The Terms and Conditions of which our services are provided are clearly displayed on entrance and throughout our facilities, including the requirement for motorist to ensure valid payment is clearly displayed at all times in the vehicle. We are confident that all signage and the PCN are compliant with all industry standards and to the British Parking Association's code of practice to which we subscribe.

You now have the following options;
Pay the Parking Charge Notice at the discounted amount of £50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the Parking Charge Notice will increase to the full charge of £100.00.
Payment can be made:
* Online, by visiting https://www.ncp.co.uk/pcn
* By sending a cheque or postal order, made payable to National Car Parks Ltd to: National Car Parks Ltd. Notice Processing, PO Box 839, Northampton, NN4 4AL.
* By Debit or Credit card (except American Express). Please call 0345 452 7780 and have your card details and the information held in this letter to hand.

Alternatively, you can make an appeal to POPLA - The Independent Appeals Service. If you wish to make an appeal to POPLA the forms are available on the website at www.popla.co.uk. The verification code you will need in order to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service is REMOVED. Please note that if you opt for independent arbitration of your case you will lose your opportunity to pay the discounted offer and the full amount of the parking charge will apply. Your appeal to POPLA must be made within 28 days of the date of this letter, any appeals to POPLA made after the 28 days will not be assessed. The independent adjudicator is unable to waive the parking notice because of mitigating circumstances and a decision will be based on facts and evidence only. If you have any trouble in appealing or cannot access the website please contact us on 01604 625 622.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org/) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.
Yours sincerely,
Notice Processing Team
National Car Parks

This post has been edited by TheSaint: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 - 20:51

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Tue, 26 Sep 2017 - 23:38
Post #23

POPLA then - easy stuff, covered fully with templates on MSE parking forum, or in other POPLA threads over there and here.

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 15:24
Post #24

Hu Guys,
I didnt bother with a popla appeal. Since my last message i have had roughly one letter a month from ZZPS and this morning i got a very similar letter from QDR. As far as i can see they are basically the same scam outfit, this lot just pretend to be solicitors. I have been reading some threads on MSE about QDR which are quite interesting. I note this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5771805 discusses a POPLA appeal rejected with a similar reason to appeal that i had.
Other threads have seen people write to QDR about their false claims of ccj about to happen wink.gif and other bully tactics with no good response from QDR. Given that NCP dont do court shall i just continue to ignore?
Is the actual threat of court only limited to 6 months regardless of how long they write to me?

this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...tors&page=2 details someone that has written to them with a form letter from MSE. Should i do the same or ignore?
The letter from QDR contains the same rubbish.

cheers

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 20:20
Post #25

Member No.: 16,066

You could have killed this at POPLA without any problems at all.

What's the point of wasting time offering further advice if you are going to ignore it??

Hopefully, NCP won't see you as an easy touch and go to court!!!

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 23:19
Post #26

Based on the vast majority of POPLA appeals failing i chose not to.
An industry set up body with self interest to decline appeals...

thanks for the help though wink.gif

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 23:26
Post #27

Based on the vast majority of POPLA appeals failing
What, where did you get that idea?

On this forum and MSE, we win about 98 or 99% of POPLA appeals and have done consistently for years!

Not joking, this was sooo easy to win at POPLA, and you've left yourself open (luckily, it;s only NCP who are not litigious and would be easy enough to defend against if they break the habit of a lifetime).

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 23:41
Post #28

Woops. I guess you live and learn. Hopefully the driver wont get another ticket though. Getting letters for a year from a debt collector is boring.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 06:33
Post #29

Member No.: 16,066

It may be 6 years of boredom!

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 07:53
Post #30

Member No.: 15,642

QUOTE (TheSaint @ Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 00:19) *
Based on the vast majority of POPLA appeals failing i chose not to.
An industry set up body with self interest to decline appeals...

thanks for the help though wink.gif

The published stats indicta around 50:50, and we win WAY more than that

The IAs is hte one that rejects over 83% of appeals.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here