Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A question of procedure by PPC - CPM
Doorbird
post Mon, 19 Nov 2018 - 18:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,959

Hi

we received a Notice to Keeper dated the 30th of October 2018 for an alleged parking charge issued on the 28th September 2018. The driver never saw any original PCN.

Now I know the general opinion of IPC members are appeals are a waste of time but this PCN has some fundamental flaws so the Registered Keeper used their online appeal service. CPM - UK Car Park Management rejected the appeal saying it was outside of their 28 day appeal period, but this seems to be based on the date of the PCN, which if you have never seen it how can you appeal. The NTK states a 28 day appeal period but they seem to be ignoring this.

My question is are they not creating themselves a problem (which is a good thing) if they decide to pursue this to court as from the outset that are being unreasonable and unfair (I know, this is how they operate)

I understand the general advice is NOT to appeal to the IAS.

I also understand that as part of their code of conduct that have to have a complaints procedure, so is it worth pointing this out as a formal complaint. I'm not expecting anything back, but again as prelude to any further action we can be seen to have tried to resolve any disputed contract terms they have attempted to impose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Mon, 19 Nov 2018 - 18:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 19 Nov 2018 - 19:04
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,066

Dear sirs,

If my appeal against your Notice to Keeper was outside of the appeal period, the the notice was issued outside of the 14 days permitted under PoFA.

Love and kisses.

Others will put the argument more succinctly. Await further comment.

To confirm, an appeal to IPC is a total waste of time and effort. You are better employed doing some detailed research on the forum to see why and prepare yourself for the next step.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 07:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here