Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gladstone Solicitors DRP ltd
LunaticSamurai
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 11:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,661

Hi Everyone.

I have found this website after spending lots of time not he internet searching. I have already made a number of posts on Moneysaving Expert website regarding parking charges and desperately need help.

Over the last year i've received a few parking charges in the same carpark from UK Carpark Management. These i believe to be unlawful as i have had a ticket from the machine or a disabled badge has been displayed when parked in a disabled bay.

I was recently taken to court over one of the charges which i lost and have to pay £260 within a few days.

I have received another letter stating the same from Gladstones and today have tried to call them to sort it out.

I've come to the end of sanity with this all. Please first of all accept my apologies as i have had no time at all due to illness to be able to fight any of these parking charges.

I have just got off the phone to What appeared to be Gladstone Solicitors but i think it went through to DRP. This ticket i was parked in a disabled bay, clearly showing a valid badge. The parking conditions are free for 4 hours, the guy on the phone called me a liar and said its not. After arguing with him for 10 minutes and asking to be put through to Gladstones he told me he can't give me a phone number or email address and thinly thing i can do is pay the charges. If i don't pay the charges then it will go to court like the other one and i will have another debt to pay.

This is ridiculous and i'm annoyed that i cannot speak to anyone or that this guy wouldn't help.

Please help me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 11:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 11:57
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

Drp won’t go to court
They don’t get paid
Never ever call them.

If you’ve lost one case, pay up otherwise the ccj remains for 6 years, and even if paid just shows as “satisfied”

For drp, just ignore them. They have no powers. If you have pictures of the bay stating free for 4 hours, that will help

What does this latest one allege? Overstay, not displaying, etc?

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 12:15
Post #3

Hi there and thanks for replying.

I have just paid £267.18 for the one that went to court.

This latest one is stating that i wasn't displaying a valid permit. There are then pictures of my vehicle parked in a disabled bay showing valid disabled badges. The signage states that you are allowed to park free for 4 hours but you must display a ticket. It does not state this for disabled bays.

Regards.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 12:33
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (LunaticSamurai @ Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 12:15) *
The signage states that you are allowed to park free for 4 hours but you must display a ticket. It does not state this for disabled bays.

So a ticket was not displayed?

On private land the blue badge has no statutory meaning. We'd need to see pictures of the signs to comment further.

Generally, private car parks do not offer different terms to the disabled but are allowed to park in the marked bays upon displaying a BB.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 12:55
Post #5

Hi there. These are the signs that are in the carpark.

A disabled badge was displayed on the dash but no ticket.

This post has been edited by LunaticSamurai: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 13:05

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 13:05
Post #6

I've tried to attach a picture of the signage but it doesn't seem to be uploading. ?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 13:08
Post #7

QUOTE (LunaticSamurai @ Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 13:05) *
I've tried to attach a picture of the signage but it doesn't seem to be uploading. ?

See here.

QUOTE (LunaticSamurai @ Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 12:55) *
A disabled badge was displayed on the dash but no ticket.

I suspect a ticket was still required - but the wording on the signs is critical. (If there's ambiguity then that may be in the consumer's favour)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Jo Carn
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 15:27
Post #8

Member No.: 83,162

Regarding the latest charge, can you post the first notice you got. Take out your name and plate number but leave everything else in. There is a piece of legislation which dictates what must be on the document. If it is not there, the document is invalid. That's why we need to see it, along with the signs.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 15:38
Post #9

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Jo Carn @ Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 16:27) *
There is a piece of legislation which dictates what must be on the document. If it is not there, the document is invalid. .

By invalid, you mean the keeper cannot be held liable, it's not invalid in the plain meaning of the term that most who are not familiar with the law would take it to mean.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 21 Dec 2017 - 18:35
Post #10

Member No.: 15,642

Jo - it isn’t “invalid”. It’s an invoice, a mistake won’t make it invalid. It just can’t hold the keeper liable.

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Fri, 22 Dec 2017 - 11:10
Post #11

I’ve just come back down to the carp park and I’ve noticed another sign up dated March 2017 saying that all disabked Bays will be enforced. I’m on my phone and have taken a pic. I will try and upload them when I get in.

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Fri, 29 Dec 2017 - 12:23
Post #12

Hi everyone. Sorry for the late reply. I have uploaded the sign images to flickr so hoping this will work.

I spoke to the parking attendant that was there the other day and i asked him about the disabled bays and the sign thats up advising about the enforcement. His words were:

"Ah yes, well they was supposed to enforce it but they never did"

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzvz1VB

This post has been edited by LunaticSamurai: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 - 12:24

+Quote Post
kommando
post Fri, 29 Dec 2017 - 12:41
Post #13

Member No.: 57,558

So the latest disputed parking event, was it prior to or post 29th Mar 2017.

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Fri, 29 Dec 2017 - 12:57
Post #14

It was post 29th March 2017

I've uploaded the letter to the album.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzvz1VB

This post has been edited by LunaticSamurai: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 - 13:04

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Mon, 1 Jan 2018 - 10:59
Post #15

Hope you all had a good christmas and new year. Has anyone managed to look at the images or letter. ?

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Wed, 3 Jan 2018 - 22:13
Post #16

Anyone?

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 20:33
Post #17

I’ve updated the folder to show a new sign they’ve put up today replacing the old laminated one. This new one now shows a different date to enforcement of disabled bays and includes the penalty fee amount.

I still haven’t heard from my local MP.

What should I do?

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 20:40
Post #18

Member No.: 16,066

Your uploads aren't doing much good from what I can see. It appears a new item removes the previous.

Upload to TinyPic and use the [IMG] tags to embed.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
LunaticSamurai
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 14:13
Post #19

Thank you for the heads up about the images. Now embedded.

Edit:
Updated with personal information removed.

This post has been edited by LunaticSamurai: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 11:20

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 14:38
Post #20

One ticket says no ticket displayed (the signs do not give free parking for BB holders).

The other says a coach bay?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here