Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1 minute to leave
Dwain
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 11:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,174

Hi,

Its being reported that the police gave familys 1 minute to leave their homes follwoing the latest bomb attack, my question is, what powers do they have to make you leave?

Can you just shut the door and say no thanks I am quite happy stayning here? Personally I wouldn't want to leave unless they could give me a time of return.

Dwain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 11:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 11:35
Post #2

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (Dwain @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 12:12) *
Hi,

Its being reported that the police gave familys 1 minute to leave their homes follwoing the latest bomb attack, my question is, what powers do they have to make you leave?

Can you just shut the door and say no thanks I am quite happy stayning here? Personally I wouldn't want to leave unless they could give me a time of return.

Dwain

I'd suggest they have the power of arrest for obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty, i.e. " protection of people and property and the investigation of crimes".

How could they possibly give you a time of return?

This post has been edited by 666: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 11:37

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 11:39
Post #3

Member No.: 18,483

Sections 33-36 of the Terrorism Act 2000 (cordoned areas).

QUOTE (666 @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 12:35) *
I'd suggest they have the power of arrest for obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty, i.e. " protection of people and property and the investigation of crimes".

Absent a statutory power to make someone leave, good luck using obstruction because someone won't leave their home at a mere request.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
facade
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 13:50
Post #4

Member No.: 1,847

QUOTE (Dwain @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 12:12) *
Hi,

Dwain

I suspect the 1 minute is a bit of stirring up urgency. (unless it was 10 minutes to the explosion and it took 9 minutes to get to him)

It would take me longer than that to go and lock the back door, find some shoes and pick up a coat, never mind put the dog's lead on, and then I don't run so if I only had a minute to a devastating explosion I'd be better off lifting a door off the hinges and hiding under it thankyou. (It was good enough to protect me from a Russian nuclear bomb for the entire Cold War)

This post has been edited by facade: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 13:51

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 16:00
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here