PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Case Success Stories
Insider
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,871

As it says on the topic description - Parking Success Stories (Only for members here, not news stories!)

A new "Parking Success Stories" as suggested by Mista Pendle wink.gif

This post has been edited by Insider: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 - 08:43

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 59)
Advertisement
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
gavbo
post Wed, 11 Jul 2007 - 13:40
Post #41

Member No.: 12,615

Ticket cancelled hurrah! - case here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry197604

Thanks to everyone!

+Quote Post
Ashalla
post Wed, 18 Jul 2007 - 15:53
Post #42

Member No.: 12,861

LAMBETH PARKING THIEVES
I confirm that the thieves who run Control Plus on behalf of Lambeth Council are true rogues.

I had a parking ticket at 9.50pm one night just five minutes after returning home. I parked outside my drive (on my white line) but normally on the road. There are no yellow lines so they gave me a ticket for parking on the pavement; except it was on the road normally parked. In fact I had castigated my wife for parking on the pavement a few days before and told her to pay up. So, I was especially surprised to get this ticket.

The attitude of the staff was by and large horrendous. I spoke on the telephone to them and they said I would need to write in, especially with regard to photos they allegedly took (which I was please to hear about). After calling back 2 weeks later, I asked when the photo was going to be sent to me. They said I wasn’t specific enough because I had only said “I hear you have a photo of the alleged incident so I will be very please to view any”. I told them that I was trying to be polite. So, I wrote again and said “please send me copies of your photos”. By this time the number of photos had been breeding and had multiplied from one to five, apparently.

Another 2 weeks passed and I called up again, asking when I would receive the photos. I was told “didn’t anyone tell you? Your ticket was cancelled”. What a surprise!

I am now fighting a PCN issued on worn out yellow lines, and they are ignoring the points I raise about them being unregulated.

+Quote Post
Avalanche80
post Fri, 27 Jul 2007 - 13:11
Post #43

Member No.: 12,849

Using this excellent Forum I have had a success, Avalanche80 v Thanet District Council.

HELP! Advice on a P&D PCN

Many thanks to all who helped. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slaav
post Mon, 30 Jul 2007 - 12:32
Post #44

Member No.: 12,847

The story details are here :

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=22165

And every word in my letter is true! I really thought I would be at another hearing on this one or has somebody at Westminster started to see sense?

Anyway, One down and one more to go.... (Both 100% legit gripes on my part)

+Quote Post
FEENIX
post Thu, 16 Aug 2007 - 20:22
Post #45

Member No.: 10,053

January 2007 nephew got PCN for being parked 6 inches over a DYL, he paid it then got another PCN same spot, I checked it out, it had 3 T bars on the line. I got his £30 refunded and his 2nd one cancelled. also checked the TRO it was invalid as it had not been amended when the shortened the DYL to make more room for residents parking, forced wigan Council to pay back over £100 for 35 penalty charges issued on same DYL.

June 2007 appeal I took to NPAS on behalf of my D.I.L the appeal is now known as Pilkington v Bolton Council, TRO invalid due to the word Wholly missing from Condition of Use sign at entrance to every car park in Bolton over 30 signs unlawful, PCN cancelled on the basis that the sign did not comply with the TRO therfore TRO invalid, now campaiging nearly full time against Bolton lawless parking regime every TRO I have checked as been invalid.
Awaiting restitution for several cases.

+Quote Post
greatscot
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 13:10
Post #46

Member No.: 2,492

Just received written decision see here:

Aberdeen decision

Thanks for the help guys!!

All the best
GS

--------------------

+Quote Post
sakoni2001
post Tue, 21 Aug 2007 - 10:18
Post #47

Member No.: 13,151

Following Boxclever's advice, I had appealed to Ealing Council for a late PCN and today they cancelled the PCN.

Thank you Boxclever. Full story here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry205227

+Quote Post
Captain A
post Tue, 21 Aug 2007 - 19:49
Post #48

Member No.: 836

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...st&p=205330

Thanks everyone

+Quote Post
greatscot
post Tue, 21 Aug 2007 - 20:00
Post #49

Just to add to the previous win on NOR, NTO, 2 dates etc in this post

NOR, NTO

I'd like to post up the press attention it attracted:

Press and Journal

and the BBC website:

BBC coverage

Thanks everyone for the help wink.gif

All the best
GS

This post has been edited by greatscot: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 - 20:07

--------------------

+Quote Post
barrowboy
post Fri, 31 Aug 2007 - 13:30
Post #50

Member No.: 11,309

Victory. Though I feel its kinda hollow.

Motorcycle parked on pavement outside my house adjacent to a 4m break in the double yellows which coincided with a dropped kerb. Oh and its a wide pavement so I wasnt forcing the elderly and prams into traffic.

My arguments:
Obvious one a 4m break in the lines and the council failing to maintain ect.
TRO provided for a 30m restriction which in fact measured 44m between T bars.
PCN had printed poorly and the '2' was missing off '21' on the date of contrivention.

Council rejected the lot. Break in signage didnt matter, 44m is approx 30m(!?) and they had 3 dates on their PCNs including the one on the tear off, so it went to NPAS.

NPAS rejected the 4m break in the lines as 'a break of a few feet' wouldnt invalidate the signage and the poor council cannot be expected to maintain every temporary break in the lines. Remember everyone NPAS reckon 15 feet is only 'a few' and inspite of the TRO itself showing that the council have never maintained the lines; it is only a temporary thing.

The 14m discrepancy in the actual lines and the TRO didnt even get mentioned in the judgement, unless that was part of the 'few feet'? Interesting that the council can have an approximate measurement when it comes to issuing tickets but presumably I didnt have the same argument of being approximately parked on my property.

The missing '2' off the poorly printed PCN was confirmed as indeed missing and the ticket quashed (eventually) as the PCN failed to conform with requirements.

My thanks to everyone on here as this forum has provided a lot of useful advice and good luck to everone else who is fighting against unjust tickets.

I'd also like to say to those wonderful people in parking services (who lets face it read this thing) tough. And you're lucky I'm not sueing you for the two criminal acts that I was accused of in your evidence.

+Quote Post
Clear Skies
post Sat, 1 Sep 2007 - 09:57
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,213

hi, a late entry, I had a win against westminster end of last year , defective signs and markings..

Rumour has it most of their parking bays are incorrect..

rgds

--------------------
God always has a custard pie up his sleeve....
Georgy Girl

Carbon Offset & support PePiPoo

+Quote Post
greatscot
post Sun, 2 Sep 2007 - 13:12
Post #52

Win on faulty CPZ signs....

CPZ thread link

The Council have set out a great deal of their CPZ signs incorrectly

All the best
GS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lostdog
post Mon, 10 Sep 2007 - 11:56
Post #53

Member No.: 11,958

Finally seem to have beated Central Ticketing (although not recevied confirmation in writing - should I push for this?!) - anyway, here's a link to the thread:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...40&start=40

Thanks everyone on the forum for their help! :-)

LD

+Quote Post
BikerPaul
post Mon, 10 Sep 2007 - 12:39
Post #54

Member No.: 3,461

Basingstoke and Deane - Parked on the clear side of a DYL Tie-bar, with no signs or lines at all.

Ticket said "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours" but said "Church Street" - I was in Haymarket yard, off the DYL.

Informal challenge was accepted by council after directing them to the regulations and putting them on notice that I'd take it to NPAS with costs from day 1.

BikerPaul 2, Basingstoke Nil.

--------------------
Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to burn the gatso's I chop down

Fraudulent appeals companies found - 7.
Fraudulent appeals companies closed down - 6.
Number of directors caught wrongfully trading - 8.
Number of Shadow Directors charged and convicted - 1.

Don't forget that there are a lot of armchair lawyers everywhere on the internet. People who will actually come to court with you are few and far between.

I am one of those people

+Quote Post
Adenuff
post Wed, 12 Sep 2007 - 10:13
Post #55

Member No.: 6,124

I am pleased to announce, pour encourager les autres, that I have just clocked up my 25th PCN success

Most of my PCNs are contested under the loading exemption and have been against 10 different LAs.

10 of mine have gone to PATAS-including 7 which had multiple grounds including Lukha and one went to PATAS appeal which was won on the 2 dates issue.

For the record I don't condone indiscriminate illegal parking but I am sick of the way London PAs conduct their business and IMHO lie and cheat to help the Councils to our hard earned cash.

+Quote Post
greatscot
post Fri, 14 Sep 2007 - 17:56
Post #56

Front page press article regarding CPZ signs

CPZ win!

Keep at them!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Parrot of Doom
post Thu, 20 Sep 2007 - 21:39
Post #57

Member No.: 1,812

I received 2 tickets for 2 separate offences, both detailed in this thread. I have just received this, regarding the second ticket in this thread:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry204131

QUOTE (Islington)
Dear Mr **********
Penalty Charge Notice No. IS11982845 Date of Issue 25/08/2007 at 09:25
Location of Contravention Benwell Road, N7
Thank you for your recent email.
I am writing to advise I have cancelled this Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
To recap, the PCN was issued because the vehicle was parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying a permit, voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place:

I was not able to cancel the PCN on the grounds you stated. This is because the Word document you attached to your mail was inadvertently not scanned properly by my colleagues. I felt it would be inappropriate to re-request details you have already provided, so I cancelled the PCN on the basis of our mistake.
Please take care to observe on-street signage next time, so you may hopefully avoid receiving a PCN:

The appeal was emailed to them as a word document. Totally standard, nothing special about it.

I contested the claim on the incorrect bays (long single bay with double ends) and the PCN not having the required information on the front. Although its a result, I personally feel they've 'let me off' on this technicality because they don't want to set a precedent regarding the bays.

£120 saved!

This post has been edited by Parrot of Doom: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 - 21:39

+Quote Post
waapaa
post Wed, 3 Oct 2007 - 09:49
Post #58

Member No.: 13,813

Just got a result from a TFL CCTV pcn issued on Streaham Hill.
I had parked there unwittingly at 1657 and the restcrictions were no parking 7-7pm , except 10-4pm. And it was a free 1 hour park , no return blah blah.
Anyway all i saw was the free 1 hour parking, didn't read the rest properly. Got the pcn sent to my address, and staright away i picked up on the road name. They had stated that the road name was Streatham high road SW2. i wrote back and told them that for a pcn to be valid, you need the date , time, and road name where the offence took place, the road name was wrong , as Streatham high road starts 500m down the road, annd i was in fact parked on Streatham Hill.
They rejected it , went throught the notice to ownere procedure, and issued a charge notice . But i stood my ground.
Finally got the cancellation notice today, saying due to the circumstances explained in your letter , i'm cancelling the penalty charge. What a waste of time.

For your information, the road name MUST be correct, otherwise it didn't happen. It's an absolute. Think of it as a pcn with the wrong registration number for your vehicle. Will you accept they made a mistake? No , under law, it's not the same car.

So please,please CHECK your tickets properly for road names, use http://www.streetmap.co.uk.
type in the road name they have used, if it doesn't come up , then it doesn't exist. Also look for postcodes. If they have used the wrong postcode, that could work in your favour too.

+Quote Post
razorwire
post Tue, 9 Oct 2007 - 18:24
Post #59

Member No.: 10,291

We won!!!! laugh.gif
Predictably enough no-one from TPS/ Devere parking Services turned up which was a shame as it would have been fun - the judge was not exactly impressed with their claim and dismissed it in about 2 minutes flat
Thanks to all here for their help and support, it was worth the grief and stress, the judge picked up on the fact that my wife was the RK and NOT the driver so they would not have had a claim against us had they bothered to turn up.
DO NOT let these scammers bully you into paying.
We had demands, were given false informationby TPS, had 2 threats from bailiffs, threats of legal proceedings, court action and finally VICTORY!

+Quote Post
Parrot of Doom
post Tue, 16 Oct 2007 - 19:29
Post #60

Member No.: 1,812

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=216299

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here