If this is your first visit to this site it's probably because you've just received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) for a motoring offence or a parking ticket (or think you will soon!). So what should you do?
What you should do first
In short, the first thing you should do is nothing!
- DO NOT do anything until you have sought advice from the members of this forum or legal advice from a specialist motoring solicitor. There is a list of specialist solicitors further down.
- DO NOT dispose of anything, including the envelope that the original NIP came in.
- DO NOT fill out any forms including the NIP. DO NOT send anything or sign anything until you are sure it is the best action to take.
- DO NOT lie or provide the police with information that you do not believe to be true. There have been several cases where people have been convicted for perjuring themselves in motoring cases, and the punishment is likely to be far more severe than for the original offence .
It is very important that you keep copies of all correspondence and Special Delivery receipts
. Information on this site
We have two places you can go for information:
- The Articles section
The articles form a library of the basic factual information you need. This is an article that you're reading now, and our visitors' Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)  are also to be found in the articles section together with many articles providing information on how the law works. You can go straight to the articles section using the Articles link below the PePiPoo banner at the top of any forum page.
- The Forums
The forums themselves are where members can discuss individual cases, specific points and other topics.
. The NIP Wizard
If you've received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) our NIP Wizard 
will take you through a series of questions about the NIP you've received and your alleged offence, and then suggest a course of action for you to consider and study further, with links to appropriate posts, downloads and articles. It also allows you to construct a post to put into your topic on the forums, by answering a series of additional questions that provide the details other members will need to help you with your questions.
Once you've made your initial post about your case, please place updates to your case in the original thread - do not keep opening new ones
. If you can't find your thread, log in to your account as normal and click on your own user name; this will take you to the Viewing Profile
menu. Under Profile
you will see the Options
tab - click this and choose Find member's topics
. Specialist road traffic law solicitors
Motoring Offence Solicitors - Speeding and Drink Driving
72 Bridge Street
Tel: 0800 32 888 46
Fax: 0161 819 5054
- Robert Dobson, at Pryce Woodrow
8, 12 Cedar Road,
Tel: 0208 7709609
Mobile: 07718 750002
e-mail Robert Dobson
Turner Coulston, Solicitors
29 Billing Road,
DX 12405 NORTHAMPTON 1
Tel: 01604 622101
Fax: 01604 230829
e-mail John Josephs
Oxford House Where the offence occurred in Scotland
Tel: 0113 4677946
Fax: 0845 2805325
e-mail Andrew Thompson
Michael Lyon Solicitors See also
165 High Street
43 Buccleuch Street
Tel: 0141 550 1074
Mobile: 07903 818 719
e-mail Michael Lyon
The ABD have an additional list of road traffic law specialist solicitors
1. Nurse jailed for driving fine lie
2. Frequently Asked Questions
3. PePiPoo NIP Wizard External links