Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,072

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - June 2018
Date of the NIP: - 28 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 29 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - Queenswood drive,Leeds BET QUEENSWOOD GARDENS & 229 QUEENSWOOD DRIVE, UNITED KINGDOM
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Work van, via hire company
How many current points do you have? - 9
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons -

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - No
Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival? - Unsure
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The law requires you to provide the information requested in the Section 172 notice within the 28 day period, naming yourself as the driver. If you are considering obtaining formal legal advice, do so before returning the notice.

You should note that there is nothing to be gained by responding any earlier than you have to at any stage of the process. You are likely to receive a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) and further reminder(s). If you want to continue the fight, you should ignore all correspondence from the police until you receive a summons. You need to understand from the outset that while you will receive much help and support from members on the forums, you will need to put time and effort into fighting your case and ultimately be prepared to stand up in court to defend yourself.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 17:16:32 +0000

A quick edit I’m Not the registed keeper, itnis a works van via a hire company,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:21
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
paulajayne
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:35
Post #2

Member No.: 48,194

Nip to you after 14 days not a problem as hire and works van, so will have gone to hire company first.

Do you have a question?

This post has been edited by paulajayne: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:35

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:38
Post #3

Do this look I will result in a ban, or is it possible of speed awareness course, I need to drive for my job and will probably result in getting fired f lost, as I’m the majority of the household income the will mean not being able to pay bills and morgage

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:40
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

If the speed is within +10%+9mph then you will be offered a course if you haven't done one in the last 3 years.

But if not (or there's more to come) then you will tot and will have to go to court.

You can submit an exceptional hardship plea for them to consider reducing the 6 months ban (potentially to none). The impact on others carries more weight - losing your job, in itself, is not necessarily considered exceptional hardship.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
paulajayne
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:40
Post #5

Member No.: 48,194

12 points is usually a ban.

Have you done a speed awareness course in the last 3 years?

What speed alleged and in what limit?

This post has been edited by paulajayne: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:41

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:52
Post #6

I was doing 39 in a 30, I did a speed awareness in June 2015, do there 3 years count year to year or to the month

3 if my points will be off in December of this year aswell

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 17:53
Post #7

Member No.: 317

Day to day based on the offence date, so if you did a course in June 2015, the offence is all but a dead cert to be more than 3 years before this one.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:18
Post #8

Fingers crossed I get the speed awareness then

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:54
Post #9

QUOTE (Emslice @ Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 19:18) *
Fingers crossed I get the speed awareness then

Indeed, are you expecting more in the post?

QUOTE (Emslice @ Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:52) *
3 if my points will be off in December of this year aswell

Points, for totting, are based upon the date of the offence.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 12:53
Post #10

Hope not, I wasn’t expecting this one, pretty sure it was a van camera as I’m up and down that road most days and pretty sure there’s no fixed cameras there

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:25
Post #11

Got the reply back today, no speed awareness, being dealt with by the magistrates court, better start preparing my hardship plea

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:32
Post #12

Member No.: 23,623

Oh dear. What exceptional hardship (that is, hardship over and above that which most drivers - including those who need to drive for a living - would you or others face if you were disqualified.?

This post has been edited by NewJudge: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:33

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:35
Post #13

I provide 80% of income to the household, GF only works part time, loss of job would mean unable to pay any bills and I have a few debts which I am paying, I would more then likely end up bankrupt and me and my Gf and 2 kids would be homeless

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:39
Post #14

You need to be aware that may not be considered truly exceptional. However, you'll need to major on the impact on others.

You will need to show you've considered all alternatives and could be finding alternative employment that does not require driving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:41
Post #15

I’m an electrician who works for a company who works for the local council, and 90% of my monthly income goes straight out onto bills and debts, gonna be hard to find a job that pays enough to cover that without driving as 90% of electrical
Company’s require you to drive to jobs

This post has been edited by Emslice: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 15:45

+Quote Post
Slapdash
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 16:13
Post #16

Member No.: 86,040

It may be worth ringing the ticket office to ask why you have not been offered a course. There is a slim chance it is an admin issue.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 16:14
Post #17

Sure, this is what you need to build into your plea. The impact on your employer could also be a consideration.

To put it another way you need to show the hardship is beyond that reasonably expected or foreseen.

How the points were accumulated is irrelevant and expect the question that if your license was so important why did you risk it?

QUOTE (Slapdash @ Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 17:13) *
It may be worth ringing the ticket office to ask why you have not been offered a course. There is a slim chance it is an admin issue.

Nothing ventured indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logician
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 16:20
Post #18

Member No.: 36,528

You will be on firmer ground querying why you were not offered a course if you can find the date of the offence that lead to the course in June 2015.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emslice
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 16:38
Post #19

What would be the best way to find the date out, I know it was June as it was around that time my partners aunties passed away and I remember the course being a day before the funeral

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 15 Aug 2018 - 16:46
Post #20

Member No.: 15,642

Surely the date of the offence , which is what I believe matters, viewable on your online driving licence?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:06
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here