Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Park Watch - Parking Charge Notice (Red Route), Threads merged
IgotNoticed
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 00:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,131

Hi Everyone!

So, the driver was taking their lovely nan to One Stop Shopping center in Perry Barr and she said she wasn't feeling too well and needed to go to the toilet, so instead of parking up at the disabled bay the driver dropped her off at the corner where the drivers partner got out, and let the drivers nan out and the drivers partner took the drivers nan into the center. Now, with the drivers nan being out the car the driver wasn't technically allowed to park in a disabled space as the elderly disabled nan wasn't in the vehicle so the driver drove down the Isle and parked in a normal spot. The top picture is where the driver parked which has blocked out in blue, the bottom picture is me leaving

So, the driver received a £100 PCN for stopping in a no stopping area, okay fair enough but.. The disabled parking bays are on a "no stopping area" (the whole strip of road is a double red) so let's assume the drivers nan was feeling okay and the driver wanted to reverse into any one of those disabled parking bays the driver would technically stop their car on this no stopping area, observe his surroundings and what not and then proceed into a disabled bay. So, given the entire disabled parking strip is on a "no stopping area" how can you enforce no stopping in this particular area? This dropping off legitimately was done in probably 20 seconds, I've seen other posts where they state they dropped someone off but it was in fact a 6 minute drop off laugh.gif

This post has been edited by IgotNoticed: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 17:53
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Advertisement
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 00:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Dave65
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 09:51
Post #2

Member No.: 78,368

First, edit your post and do not indicate anything that may identify who drove the vehicle, refer only to "the driver" did this or that.

Can you get photos of the relevant signage?

Were the disabled bays full at the time and you had no option but to let the aged person out on the red lines?

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:01
Post #3

QUOTE (Dave65 @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:51) *
First, edit your post and do not indicate anything that may identify who drove the vehicle, refer only to "the driver" did this or that.

Can you get photos of the relevant signage?

Were the disabled bays full at the time and you had no option but to let the aged person out on the red lines?

Hi mate,

They requested the drivers details, as for details you've asked for I looked carefully at the photo and initially it appeared that the only two bays available had two white vans opposite (I believe they are work vans for a new store opening) but on closer inspection there does appear to be a bay available it was just hard to see because of the angle of the photo.

It's a hard one for me to wrap my head around, they state its a no stopping zone which is enforced on the only road available for disabled parking so for me I don't understand how they can be on the same road. If the driver was to reverse into a bay the driver would at some stage stop his car to manoeuvre or let's say the driver was going to go into one of those bays and she said "oh wait there I got a message.. And 7 seconds later she says Ahh he's not here now let's go home" that again would be a fine according to what I'm seeing as a stopped car is classed as parking irrespective of the length of time. It's things like that which make this no stopping zone on a disabled parking route confusing to me.

This post has been edited by IgotNoticed: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 - 17:57

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 13:09
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

If there is a holder of a BB in the vehicle and will be returning to the vehicle then you can park in a disabled bay, as long as the badge is displayed.

So what do the signs say about the red lines?

If this is still windscreen ticket then appeal as the keeper so that the appeal arrives on day 26. The intention us to see if they send a Notice to Keeper within 56 days and contact the DVKA.

Check your first post and edit again

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 17:55
Post #5

QUOTE (ostell @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:09) *

If this is still windscreen ticket then appeal as the keeper so that the appeal arrives on day 26. The intention us to see if they send a Notice to Keeper within 56 days and contact the DVKA.

I've now added embedded the photo rather than as a link, it can now be seen and viewed in full size if you click the link on the picture.

This post has been edited by IgotNoticed: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 17:57

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Sun, 20 Oct 2019 - 14:12
Post #6

QUOTE (ostell @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:09) *
If there is a holder of a BB in the vehicle and will be returning to the vehicle then you can park in a disabled bay, as long as the badge is displayed.

Okay, the video below shows the same road this red route is on. As this driver passes the blue donut van (seen on the right hand side just before the corner) this then proceeds to the "Red Route" and signs can be seen stating "No Stopping, Parking or Waiting. Do not park on double red lines £100 charge"

https://youtu.be/0PcmjOoAb7s

Again, it confuses me how a Red Route that also distinguishes the difference between "stopping" and "dropping off" Is enforced on this only strip of road for disabled parking. There's so many scenarios that I can think of that flaws this such as..

imagine the OAP saying "hang on, the persons just messaged, and then sees that they are no longer going to be at the shopping center" so they then asked to be taken back home.. But you've stopped momentarily to establish this and this according to the sign would get you a ticket.

You could also see somebody that appears to be heading back to their car which is in a more preffered disabled spot (closer to the shopping center) but turns out they're just sticking shipping in the boot and heading off for more shopping, again you've "stopped"..

In my mind, a red route on that location doesn't make sense?

Here's a picture of the signs that you see as a closeup

https://i.imgur.com/N5Oi3cv.jpg

The sign says "No Stopping, Parking or Waiting. Do not park on double red lines £100 charge"

This post has been edited by IgotNoticed: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 - 14:25

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 17:03
Post #7

Hi All,

A friend of mine appealed a PCN from Park Watch and received a letter dated 10th October and the bottom of this letter states

"You are advised that if, after 29 days from the date given (which is presumed to be the second working day after the date issued), the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you"

So, the letter was dated Thursday 10th October and the second working day would then be Monday 14th October and 29 days would be the 12th November.

The appeal was submitted via Email and was sent on the 10th November at just after 11pm, Park Watch had automatically sent a confirmation of the appeal just 1 minute after.

The confirmation email states at the bottom:

*Important information*;

We endeavour to review and respond to appeals within 10 days. Your appeal response will not be sent from this mailbox, it is the appellant's responsibility to ensure their mailbox/junk box is checked daily to ensure you have the opportunity to pay at the reduced rate within 14 days if your appeal is rejected. After 14 days the charge will revert back to the original amount.

So my friend checked his emails and received no email from them. A letter was then received from Debt National Recovery Plus this morning and was dated 30/12/19.

My friend phoned this recovery agency stating no email response had been received, the collection agency stated that the appeal was rejected around the 26th November (can't remember exactly) but the appeal was rejected and the balance is payable.

My friend re-iterated that without this rejection response they where unable to seek an independant appeals service so none of this would be fair. The collection agency stated they could send confirmation of the rejection however my friend said that this isn't the issue, they believe that wouldn't be problem but this was about proof that the appeals decision was actually sent, there's no emails on my friends side so my friend needs specific proof to show this.

The collection agent said this would only be presented in court if need be but wouldn't be supplied as such to my friend, they then said "well what exactly are you appealing by stopping on a no stopping zone" and my friend said to be honest I wouldn't like to comment on anything that happened as he wouldnt remember word for word but everything was written on that appeal anyway. My friend continued to talk briefly but realised after a moment that the debt collection agency cut him off.

What should be done? The appeal confirmation email important notes specifically refers to checking Junk and so forth which would imply the decision would be via email but this most definitely was not received, whether they sent one in the post and that was missed for what ever reason nobody knows but that section would imply the response would be via email..

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 17:09
Post #8

Member No.: 59,924

This is a private parking ticket. I've asked for a move to correct section.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 17:49
Post #9

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Is this related to your previous Park Watch thread?

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 18:03
Post #10

QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 18:49) *

Hi Fredd,

The letter received is to do with that park watch thread

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 3 Jan 2020 - 18:09) *
This is a private parking ticket. I've asked for a move to correct section.

I apologise for posting in the incorrect section, thanks for asking for It to be moved

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 09:22
Post #11

Can anyone chime in on what to do about the Debt Recovery situation?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 10:28
Post #12

Member No.: 15,642

Obviously, ignore debt recovery. Every thread you have found talking about this - and this is a forum, you MUST read other threads - is consistent. NEVER EVER phone. EVER.

Complain to the parking company and state no rejection was ever received.

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 13:07
Post #13

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 10:28) *
Obviously, ignore debt recovery. Every thread you have found talking about this - and this is a forum, you MUST read other threads - is consistent. NEVER EVER phone. EVER.

Complain to the parking company and state no rejection was ever received.

Thank you for the input its appreciated, so my friend should ignore the debt recovery company but try to contact Park Watch? I will ask him to look but I'm pretty sure Park Watch left no contact details on the letter but I will get him to check

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 13:30
Post #14

Why the question? I just explicitly stated that.
website....

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 15:50
Post #15

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 6 Jan 2020 - 13:30) *
Why the question? I just explicitly stated that.
website....

Not sure why I asked tbh but an email was sent not long after the reply. I have a feeling they will just attach an appeals decision but not actually any proof that an email was sent

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 7 Jan 2020 - 09:17
Post #16

State that the junk mail was checked every day, and no email was ever recieved concerning this. You require logs from their email server proving the date and time the email was sent, if they calim an appeal decision was sent by email.

+Quote Post
IgotNoticed
post Fri, 10 Jan 2020 - 18:06
Post #17

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 7 Jan 2020 - 09:17) *
State that the junk mail was checked every day, and no email was ever recieved concerning this. You require logs from their email server proving the date and time the email was sent, if they calim an appeal decision was sent by email.

Thanks all, it's now been cancelled.

"Good Afternoon,

Following our telephone conversation I have looked into your PCN and your outcome of appeal and there does appear to have been a spelling mistake when sending your outcome of appeal to you. As this is the case, as a gesture of goodwill I have cancelled the Parking Charge and there is nothing outstanding. I will be in touch with Debt Recovery to also ensure this is cancelled on their system."

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 13 Jan 2020 - 09:11
Post #18

"As a gesture of goodwill"? Hah! Their own bloody mistake is somehow "goodwill"....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 08:29
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here