Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP Help
JB13
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 13:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,925

Hello all,

I bought a car on January 6th 2020. On 10th February I received through the post an NIP Issued Date 6th February which advised my vehicle had been caught on camera doing 41 in a 30 zone on 7th January 2020.

thinking this must be a mistake I applied for a copy of photographic evidence on 18th February which I received today. The photograph clearly shows it is the same vehicle and registration as my vehicle. 2020

I am the registered keeper which the dealership confirmed was registered on January 6th

I have several questions I am hoping the community can guide me with.

My first question is the NIP was issued 30 days after the date of incident. is there a time constraint for the CTO to issue notifications.

I have no recollection of the incident on the 7th January at 12.48pm and the location is not a location I would have any reason to visit.. I checked with my payroll department earlier today who confirmed I clocked into work at 07:30 and clocked out 19:04 and the location of my work is 40 miles away from the location.

Can I ask guidance on next steps and how to proceed please.... Thank you in advance...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 13:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 13:58
Post #2

Member No.: 5,183

The car may have been registered to issue it's VRM but that doesn't mean you have been noted as the registered keeper. What is the DocRef date on page 2 of the V5C?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 14:43
Post #3

Member No.: 317

Do you have the V5c? If the car is on finance the finance company may be the registered keeper.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 15:09
Post #4

Member No.: 15,642

"I have no recollection of the incident on the 7th January at 12.48pm and the location is not a location I would have any reason to visit.. I checked with my payroll department earlier today who confirmed I clocked into work at 07:30 and clocked out 19:04 and the location of my work is 40 miles away from the location.
"
Is it the exact same as your car in every detail? Did anyone else have access to the car?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here