PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lidl Euro Parking Services, Patron Not On Site.
Bigdwazda
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 12:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,634

Hi,

We are in a quandary having lodged an appeal against my ticket that we were almost sure would have been upheld in our favour.

We parked on the site and went to get some money from the bank about 5 minutes away while the family went to to town. There is no charge for the car park for patrons.

The keeper then returned to Lidl and proceeded to purchase a couple of items and went to their car where they found the attendant giving a ticket.

The observation time on the ticket was 13.08 to 13.17pm, the receipt from the purchase was 13.16pm. Euro Car Parking rejected on the basis that attendant had seen the keeper returning from elsewhere and the reason for the ticket. Technically true but they had gone to get money to purchase something from the store.

So my question is should they appeal or because they did initially go off the site should they just pay it?

This post has been edited by Bigdwazda: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 12:58
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 13:00
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

You demand that Lidl cancel the ticket by contacting their head office. You were a customer. Search the forum for the latest email address of a Lidl contact.

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 12:15
Post #3

I tried Lidl and they advised they couldn't help as it is a matter between the keeper and ECP.

Not what I wanted to hear.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 12:20
Post #4

Member No.: 57,558

Search the site for the Lidl CEO's email addy, that works better than the local store muppet.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 12:33
Post #5

Member No.: 96,238

I would return to the CEO and ask if Euro has authority from Lidl to take customers to court or if it has to request it case to case
Could also suggest that, until they install a cash machine your family will have to shop elsewhere

You can make a more comprehensive appeal to POPLA
This will cost Euro £30+ if they contest it

You can reject a POPLA decision if you lose and ignore the subsequent debt collector letters with their empty threats
Court action by Euro is almost unknown

Personally I would be inclined to do a large shop that includes a lot of fresh and frozen food and abandon it after it's been rung through the till because I'm about to get a "fine"

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:17
Post #6

Member No.: 78,368

Redivi

I would return to the CEO and ask if Euro has authority from Lidl to take customers to court or if it has to request it case to case
Could also suggest that, until they install a cash machine your family will have to shop elsewhere

You can make a more comprehensive appeal to POPLA
This will cost Euro £30+ if they contest it

You can reject a POPLA decision if you lose and ignore the subsequent debt collector letters with their empty threats
Court action by Euro is almost unknown

Personally I would be inclined to do a large shop that includes a lot of fresh and frozen food and abandon it after it's been rung through the till because I'm about to get a "fine"

Judging by your last Paragraph, you must have been trained by Lynzzer!

+Quote Post
Jo Carn
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:54
Post #7

Member No.: 83,162

Go back and check the sign and read it carefully (get a fully LEGIBLE copy and post here). does it say anywhere at what point you have to get a ticket or enter Lidls? Is there a time limit before the ticket from Lidls must be obtained?
My understanding is that you complied with the terms on the sign - you were a patron. They cannot hold you to a term of contract not specified on the contract (the contract being the sign).

If there is nothing on the sign about time frames then write to Euro car parks (who will reject your appeal, they always do). Don't mention who went where. Just say, you complied with the terms of the contract and you were a patron of Lidl's (give proof of purchase) and ask for a Popla code. Also, post their Parking Notice here. Leave out the reg number but include everything else. Let's see if their paperwork is POFa compliant. It could be more grounds for your appeal

Don't worry about Euro Car Parks seeing your posts. If they realise you are being advised and are not going to budge, the quicker they'll drop it.

Remember, this is a civil matter. They cannot fine you, they can only get you for breach of contract.

After you've done that, go shopping at Lidls and follow Dave65's suggestion - on a Saturday afternoon when it is really busy.

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 17:20
Post #8

Member No.: 9,897

is there anything specific o signage to say not to leave site?

who , the driver , the keeper who?

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:48
Post #9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TeFpykVKjCJ7VIsy2

Not sure if that helps.

I have already appealed and failed. There is a part of me that just wants to pay and have done. 60 is bad but 100 is worse.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:58
Post #10

Zero is better

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 19:00
Post #11

QUOTE (Bigdwazda @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:48) *
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TeFpykVKjCJ7VIsy2

Not sure if that helps.

I have already appealed and failed. There is a part of me that just wants to pay and have done. 60 is bad but 100 is worse.

cant read the sign the writing is to small - and I do not meen the writing in the photo , I meen the small print on the sign

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 19:16
Post #12

QUOTE (Jo Carn @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:54) *
Go back and check the sign and read it carefully (get a fully LEGIBLE copy and post here). does it say anywhere at what point you have to get a ticket or enter Lidls? Is there a time limit before the ticket from Lidls must be obtained?
My understanding is that you complied with the terms on the sign - you were a patron. They cannot hold you to a term of contract not specified on the contract (the contract being the sign).

If there is nothing on the sign about time frames then write to Euro car parks (who will reject your appeal, they always do). Don't mention who went where. Just say, you complied with the terms of the contract and you were a patron of Lidl's (give proof of purchase) and ask for a Popla code. Also, post their Parking Notice here. Leave out the reg number but include everything else. Let's see if their paperwork is POFa compliant. It could be more grounds for your appeal

Don't worry about Euro Car Parks seeing your posts. If they realise you are being advised and are not going to budge, the quicker they'll drop it.

Remember, this is a civil matter. They cannot fine you, they can only get you for breach of contract.

After you've done that, go shopping at Lidls and follow Dave65's suggestion - on a Saturday afternoon when it is really busy.

There is no ticket required, on the appeal they said the attendant saw me returning from elsewhere. The annoying thing is that I passed him on my way into the shop and said hi to him. The little toe rag then went and put a ticket on my car while I was shopping.

Hi Res photo of sign

In addition some have mentioned a complaint to popla. The letter I received states I should go to the IAS

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UhGexJJU9Ki7xxp93

This post has been edited by Bigdwazda: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 19:25

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 19:44
Post #13

Euro Car parks and Euro Parking Services are different companies

ECP is a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) and offers POPLA as a second appeal

EPS is a member of the Independent Parking Community (IPC) and offers the IAS

Never appeal to the IAS
It guarantees parking companies that it will reject at least 80% of appeals
It also requires that the registered keeper admits he was driving

All the motorist ever achieves is hand the parking company an "independent" decision to wave in court
He then looks unreasonable by putting the parking company to the effort of contesting the appeal when he had no intention to accept the result if it failed

The first companies to form the IPC were former clampers that turned to aggressive ticketing when the practice was banned and didn't meet the BPA standards (that were already rather low)
Most of the less reputable members of the BPA, who were losing a lot of appeals at POPLA, left and joined them, raising the average standard of both associations at the same time

This post has been edited by Redivi: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 19:44

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:11
Post #14

not only does the sign reflect an address that is incorrect (moved 02 May 2017) it also gives a "premium" rate phone number (From 13th June 2014, it became a legal requirement that businesses provide a standard rate number (i.e. 01, 02 or 03) for their customer service lines.)

so , basically as they joined the IPC at 28/01/2015 it is CLEAR that no checks on signage have been done by the IPC

or they have seen them but do not care a toss

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:14
Post #15

So I guess the question is do I ignore or pay.

I don’t want to pay on the basiis that I was a customer even though I did initially go offsite to get some cash.

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:17
Post #16

you do as others have done , vote with your feet

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:36
Post #17

QUOTE (freddy1 @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:17) *
you do as others have done , vote with your feet

Without sounding like an idiot what exactly does this mean.....

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 20:47
Post #18

do not give a company (lidl any more money , they have proved there "goodness" by hiring this mob and dismissing your appeal

shop elsewhere , lidl may loose more money over a week , mth , yr than they gain from this

+Quote Post
Bigdwazda
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 22:02
Post #19

Got ya, I was thinking about what to do about the fine rather than the shopping but see your point.

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 07:53
Post #20

Member No.: 59,842

I suspect that Lidl may not be the contract principal in this case. Lidl's usual PPC bedfellows are Athena and occasionally ECP (but not EPS). I can't see Lidl having a contract arrangement covering themselves and another completely separate organisation (TL). It maybe that it's an arrangement with TravelLodge or with a Managing Agent running the site.

You might need to do a bit more investigation to find out exactly who the contract holder is. .

Have you complained to your MP? Now is the time to capitalise on Parliament's interest in the private parking industry.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:17
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here