Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Suspended bay PCN help
chopperferrari
post Wed, 3 Jan 2018 - 12:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,165

Hi,

I parked in a bay in the City Of London on the 30th of November, I couldn't see any parking suspension signs from where I parked (although there are some in the pictures they have taken, but can't be seen them in relation to my car), I looked at the meter, while I was parking out of charging hours there was meter was uncovered and had no signs on it. When I returned to my car I had received a ticket. Can anyone help me appeal this as it doesn't seem that the signage was correct?

The code is PCN 21.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 42)
Advertisement
post Wed, 3 Jan 2018 - 12:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
chopperferrari
post Sun, 25 Feb 2018 - 17:05
Post #41

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sun, 25 Feb 2018 - 14:08) *
QUOTE (chopperferrari @ Sun, 25 Feb 2018 - 14:02) *
.........Thanks - can you clarify what you mean by HCA points? Something missing from my original letter? (when I parked I couldn't see any signs, obviously, they have taken a photo of the wall mounted sign, I didn't see it despite my looking around.)

Posts 21 onwards

I don't know how valid they are as have not double checked but it seems you went back to do so.
If the sign that HCA reckons is at HC16 had no suspension sign, that was you home and dry even if council rejected.
But now relies on whether or not you can show it didn't have one.

Ahhh - the white sign on the red & white barrier? If so I think I've got a bit of video footage of me walking all along the bays - would I need to show there isn't one of those signs next to each bay? An I right in thinking both the bays HD10-11 must have that sign? or have I completely missed the point?

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sun, 25 Feb 2018 - 22:30
Post #42

Member No.: 38,559

This sign
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5152401,-...3312!8i6656
Here it seems to have a suspension notice on it.
Did you get a photo/video when you copped your PCN and did it have the suspension?
And hopefully the words in your photo ?

+Quote Post
chopperferrari
post Fri, 2 Mar 2018 - 13:30
Post #43

Mmmm - I've had a look at the pictures, it does look like that sign is there. Maybe I should just pay it - I've been parking in London for years and never seen such poor signage, the ones the used don't follow the authorised signs locations and designs, so doesn't seem fair to me.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 25th May 2018 - 01:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.