PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN from TfL - Northolt
TJP
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 11:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,435

Can I ask for help here please but I'm not sure I've got a leg to stand on, even though it was an honest mistake. This is a Penalty Charge Notice from TfL.

We don't live near London but every year we go down to Ace Cafe and every year we stop at the same Tesco Express afterwards on the way to a hotel in Hayes, to pick up a sandwich. This time I seem to have inadvertently parked in the only "space" which is oddly a red route and not a space at all!

Even though I left my wife and two girls (a baby and a toddler) in the car, I presume it is still classed as parking or at the very least, stopping on a red route?

This is the the Penalty Charge Notice.

As you can see it is addressed to "The Company Secretary" but it was sent to my home address and I am the private keeper of the vehicle in my own name.

This is a screenshot of Google maps showing the location

And two screenshots from Street view.

I was stopped where the van is stopped on the Street view pictures above. The "space" is a slightly different size to the proper parking spaces either side of it. I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure there was no lettering on the road (but it was dark). Crucially though, it shows there is a sign which I must have totally missed because I was so sure I was parking legally and didn't check! :-(

It took me ages to find this location, as the reference on the penalty notice (OS484-486 CHURCH ROAD UB5) didn't come up in a Google maps search. However, tracing my route, I found the correct Tesco Express and where I parked is actually on a potentially unnamed road, alongside the A312 Church Road in Northolt UB5 5AU (but maybe this is also called Church Road?).

This notice arrived yesterday (13th December 2018) and the alleged offence was on 1st December 2018.

So I presume I've got no grounds to challenge it even though it is extremely sneaky to put a red route "space" right in the middle of the normal parking spaces?

Thanks in advance :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 45)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 11:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
TJP
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 09:35
Post #41

Thanks very much, I will do just this and get it sent off today or tomorrow.

I presume I am not shooting myself in the foot by gifting them my name? Or is that immaterial now because they have run out of time to issue a correct PCN to me??

Thanks again for all the help smile.gif

+Quote Post
TJP
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 09:53
Post #42

Thanks again. This is what I propose to send to them:

Do I need to send anything to the Red Routes address this time, to show this is in hand? (although fat lot of good it did me last time as they seem to have ignored it!)

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 11:11
Post #43

Member No.: 42,618

You could send a copy to the red routes address, I don't see how that could hurt.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
TJP
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 11:25
Post #44

Cool, I will do then. Shall I enclose the original charge certificate to the Customer Services or the Red routes letter? (I'll obviously enclose a copy of it in the other envelope to the other address)

I'm thinking maybe send the original to the Red Routes (like the PCN) and then then enclose copies of both the charge certificate and the PCN in the Customer Services envelope maybe so they can see the whole story?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 14:36
Post #45

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (TJP @ Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 12:25) *
Cool, I will do then. Shall I enclose the original charge certificate to the Customer Services or the Red routes letter? (I'll obviously enclose a copy of it in the other envelope to the other address)

I'm thinking maybe send the original to the Red Routes (like the PCN) and then then enclose copies of both the charge certificate and the PCN in the Customer Services envelope maybe so they can see the whole story?

I would send the CC to customer services, sending stuff to RR doesn't seem to have the desired effect.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
TJP
post Tue, 12 Feb 2019 - 11:05
Post #46

Thanks for the advice. I will send the letter and charge certificate to Customer Services today. I will also send a similar letter and copies of the original correspondence (PCN stuff) and copy of the charge certificate to Red Routes and advise them that I am issuing a formal complaint to them/customer services too.

I will get proof of postage for both too.

Wish me luck!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 17th July 2019 - 11:37
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.