Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Notice of enforcement from Marston
shoadam
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 10:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,773

Hi guys...

On the 13.08.2018 my mother had a surgery. While picking her up and bringing her to my vehicle i had received a parking ticket. I had appealed this on regards obviously my mother just had an surgery and i had to park outside of the surgical clinic to bring her to the vehicle as safe as possible. They did not accept. To my last appeal they had not replied and now i have suddenly received an marston notice of enforcement letter. I don't understand as they haven't replied for months and now suddenly i receive this letter?

What am i to do?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (80 - 86)
Advertisement
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 10:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
shoadam
post Mon, 17 Jun 2019 - 22:22
Post #81

will i have to pay or shall i appeal it? will it best?

possible to get a monthly payment plan?

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Mon, 17 Jun 2019 - 23:28
Post #82

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (shoadam @ Mon, 17 Jun 2019 - 23:22) *
will i have to pay or shall i appeal it? will it best?

possible to get a monthly payment plan?

I regret to say this, but in cases like this, where the debt has not got too large, coughing up is probably your best option, as Neil B suggests. Submitting an OOT will be a gamble, and whilst it is free to submit, if it fails you start to get into having to pay for County Court judge reviews at £100 which is non-recoverable, and if the judge agrees with TEC rejecting your OOT, your £278 bailiff fee now is £378.

Whether the bailiff will accept a payment plan only they can tell you.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 09:24
Post #83

Member No.: 21,551

What is the basis for this?

court judge reviews at £100 which is non-recoverable, and if the judge agrees with TEC rejecting your OOT, your £278 bailiff fee now is £378.

The enforcement process is stayed pending TEC's decision. Only if the OP does not action TEC's decision IF they reject the application should increased charges apply.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 10:17
Post #84

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 10:24) *
The enforcement process is stayed pending TEC's decision. Only if the OP does not action TEC's decision IF they reject the application should increased charges apply.

Depends on very regular checking status with TEC and fast reaction if a refusal order is made.

Your latest draft reads well and seems persuasive. It remains, however, factually incorrect. Squeezing the
small but vital details out of the OP has been difficult so those facts are spread around.
We did though get this >
QUOTE (shoadam @ Sun, 16 Jun 2019 - 17:52) *
Normally every post box ends up with everyone else's mail. I've had other flats mails in my postbox so many times and so goes for the other flats

QUOTE (shoadam @ Sun, 16 Jun 2019 - 23:32) *
Till this day these post box's are outside but mine and two more are half broken! There was no alternative to use at the time as the main post box was drilled in so it was closed.
----------
Communal mailbox hasnt been re opened still has the screws in. Same postboxes are up and running. Letters are always posted in different post boxes

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 10:41
Post #85

Member No.: 21,551

As you say, the OP can only submit what's true and trying to get the facts has been difficult.

But the issue which has nothing to do with their letterboxes is the RM's statement that any mail addressed to No.6 would be returned to the council by them.

IMO, the authority acting fairly and truthfully could NOT just object to the application on the grounds that they addressed the letters are required without referring to the fact that each was returned by the RM. I've made this point in another thread, this is not 'Return to sender' scrawled by who knows who on a letter, it's returned under the authority of the RM.

And then the authority did what?

A 5-minute check of council tax would show as would any check of unrestricted electoral registration data.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 12:48
Post #86

Member No.: 16,671

I understand what you are saying but what happens if H&F deny returned mail or don't even bother
checking for it. Your reliance on a council doing the right thing is misplaced imho.

and what is this anyway? >
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 11:41) *
But the issue which has nothing to do with their letterboxes is the RM's statement that any mail addressed to No.6 would be returned to the council by them.

Says the OP, based on a phone call? to Who at RM? A statement backed up by what hard copy?

--
By all means have a crack at it (2 hours to decide if today) but I'm just being realistic about his chances.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
shoadam
post Tue, 18 Jun 2019 - 15:48
Post #87

Thank you guys for trying.. really appreciate, gonna call up baliifs now and hopefully i get a monthly payment.. What a s*** situation.. ridiculous honestly

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 15th October 2019 - 12:29
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.