PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Another "parking in my own space" PCN
roythebus
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 12:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683

This is on behalf of my osteopath who is getting a pain in the neck from PCM Parking for paring in her own space on a private estate in Sevenoaks.

She and her husband rent a flat in the estate and have one marked bay allocated for their exclusive use. there is nothing they can remember in their rental agreement about needing a parking permit or anything else to use their own space but in the last year PCM have taken to issuing them parking charge notices for doing just that, including one for parking outside the bay. that seems to be because their car is too wide for the marked bay.

Apparently when PCM were awarded the "contract" my friends signed to opt out of their parking space being patrolled by PCM. I've asked them to provide me with copies of the original PCNs, letter, rent agreement and the like but they don't have all of it. I'll post what I have when more is received. they are worried about going to court, bailiffs, the usual scare tactics. does PCM do court?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 12:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 12:50
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

So get a copy of the rental agreement and, if possible, ask the landlord for a copy of their lease.

What do the signs say?

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 23:45
Post #3

My osteo says she will forward a copy of the rental agreement, but there is no mention of needing a permit for the parking space. the PCN is apparently a letter left under the windscreen wiper, not the convetional type left in a scary yellow and black envelope.

I'll try to post the stuff in the morning if I can remember how to do it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 08:55
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

Show us what was left under the windscreen, suitably redacted.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 23:32
Post #5

Thanks for the help on this one. My osteopath emailed me today to say that her landlord had resolved the matter with the PPC, no "fines" to pay, all threats withdrawn, she can happily park in HER space without fear of getting any more hassle.

I suspect part of it was that she told the landlord that she and her husband were about to give notice to quit because of this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 05:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here