PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Motorway Speeding, What should the pictures show?
Speedinghelpplea...
post Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 10:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,650

I was allegedly caught speeding on the motorway, 57 in a variable speed zone that they are saying was 50 at the time.

I am sure the signs were not on at the time I passed through, and the last sign was 60.

They have provided 3 pictures, 2 showing myself in my car, no speed limit signs are showing in these pictures whatsoever, they do have typed at the bottom time of offence, date, my speed etc.

The third picture is of the overhead gantry showing the limit as 50, but my car is not in this picture.

Do I have a case to challenge??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 10:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
douglasb
post Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 10:16
Post #2

Member No.: 21,656

At the moment you are just being asked for the name of the driver at the time of the alleged offence. You have 28 days to do this and failure to do this will result in a lot of grief (6 points, income related fine which is likely to be about £500 on a normal income, plus an endorsement code that insurers really don't like).

Are there timestamps on all the photos? If so, do they match closely?

If you are in England or Wales and you have not done a speed awareness course in the last 3 years that speed means that you are eligible for a course. It costs around £100 and doesn't carry any points.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 10:18
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

No. You have no right to see any pictures at all, but they have been provided as a courtesy. Because people claimed the speed limit they were charged with exceeding was not displayed, the latest generation of motorway cameras, Hadecs3, now do show a picture of the speed limit as displayed, taken at the same time as the one showing the vehicle. Challenging that would likely result in someone with expert knowledge being put forward by the prosecution to testify that the pictures were taken at the same time and system checks ensure this is so, the expense of this expert witness would be born by you after you were found guilty.

The 50 and 60 limit signs are easily confused and possibly that happened to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 11:07
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Speedinghelpplease @ Fri, 31 Aug 2018 - 10:10) *
The third picture is of the overhead gantry showing the limit as 50, but my car is not in this picture.

The auxiliary shot is quite a way behind the signs. That snap is at the same time as you are snapped speeding, just past the signs. You will be in the shot but quite small.

So they have snaps of the signs and snaps of your car speeding past those signs. I wouldn’t be looking to challenge on this basis.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:00
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here