Labour MP accused of PCOJ, Threads merged
kommando
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,558

And another one

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/0...course-justice/

A Labour whip and ally of Jeremy Corbyn has been charged with perverting the course of justice after allegations that she tried to give away speeding points a month after her election.

Fiona Onasanya, the Labour MP for Peterborough, appeared at Westminster magistrates court two weeks ago alongside her brother, Festus.

The former solicitor kept news of her arrest and charge secret while serving as a Labour whip. She is due back in court next month.

Solicitors and MP's seem to have issues with speeding tickets, this one is both !!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ViroBono
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 18:44
Post #2

Member No.: 43,323

From the Daily Mail, but also reported elsewhere:

Fiona Onasanya, 34, appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court on July 12
The Peterborough MP will appear at the Old Bailey for a hearing on August 13
The 34-year-old allegedly tried to avoid a speeding ticket on July 24 last year
Ms Onasanya is charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice
She is accused of lying to police after her brother was allegedly speeding

She's a Labour Whip, too, but failed to disclose the arrest and charge to the party.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 19:27
Post #3

Member No.: 18,483

I almost responded as if this was the NAAFI...

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 20:34
Post #4

Member No.: 57,558

Already added to ongoing jail for speeding thread.

This post has been edited by kommando: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 20:35

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 21:22
Post #5

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (kommando @ Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 21:34) *
Already added to ongoing jail for speeding thread.

Yes, but let's bear in mind that this one is an allegation, not a report of a conviction.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 14:02
Post #6

The trial began today, and is likely to last 7 days. Both accused pleaded not guilty.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 14:58
Post #7

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ViroBono @ Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:02) *
The trial began today, and is likely to last 7 days. Both accused pleaded not guilty.

Just a plea at this stage, not the trial. The trial isn't due to start until 12 November.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:34
Post #8

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (kommando @ Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 19:34) *
And another one

A Labour whip and ally of Jeremy

Quite why they had to mention Jeremy Corbyn is beyond me ( well it's not really) any excuse to drag his name in to things like this!

This post has been edited by StuartBu: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:36

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 17:24
Post #9

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 16:34) *
And another one

Quite why they had to mention Jeremy Corbyn is beyond me ( well it's not really) any excuse to drag his name in to things like this!

Politicians are normally identified by party affiliation when they get caught doing something naughty, and someone in a high-profile role would probably have that role mentioned as well. I admit that the first thing I wanted to know when I heard that this had involved an MP was which party she belonged to...

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 18:15
Post #10

Member No.: 1,326

And another one

The Torygraph and, in particular, the Mail, have an interest in dragging Jeremy Corbyn's name through the mud. The latter has at least 4 stories a day trying to implicate him with just about anything.

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 19:02
Post #11

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 19:15) *
And another one

The Torygraph and, in particular, the Mail, have an interest in dragging Jeremy Corbyn's name through the mud. The latter has at least 4 stories a day trying to implicate him with just about anything.

On the other hand, earlier today the BBC News website had 6 mentions of Boris & the burka, and none about Corbyn laying a wreath at memorial to terrorists. Aside from political bias, it's all rather tedious; Boris makes a habit of silly gaffes, and Corbyn has made a career or being sympathetic to terrorists.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 20:02
Post #12

Member No.: 38,559

A man is known by the company he keeps.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 20:16
Post #13

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 21:02) *

You mean like these two?

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 21:15
Post #14

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 21:02) *

It might be stretching it a bit to say "keeping company". Some of Mrs NML's family are Israeli. Having spent quite a bit of time on the Middle East both sides are constantly trying to poke each other in the eye by proving a point to someone else. The Israeli government are just as fond at engineering gestures with foreign politicians.

When I was out there once on a night out in Jerusalem I met some nice chapswhi were very keen to make me wear some sort of cloak. Thinking it must be something innocuous I wore it and took some photos.

Next thing I know all hell breaks loose with Mrs NML family because apparently it is sure proof I am a terrorist sympathiser. They got bored when I laughed at them. But Israelis are just as keen to do their own "let's go see a settlement gosh isn't it lovely let's take some photis" mind games.

At a guess Corbyn is seen as more influential than me so will have this assault course daily, of course less now with more advisers.

I'd rather have a politician with conviction who stamps on toes even if occasionally they're the wrong ones. It's why I love the Italian government's response to the Genoa bridge collapse. On the basis of apparently no evidence they have said they will hunt down all the toll company execs past and presence, force them to pay €150m for a presumably luxurious new bridge, take away the contract anyway and it's all justified because they are quite legally based in Luxembourg.

If that was the M6 toll the company could have just taken delivery of a ton of dynamite ad some bridge drills and you'd still have Theresa May saying we simply must wait for the results of a seven year enquiry before making conclusions or starting work on repairs.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 07:45
Post #15

Member No.: 96,238

He's come in for a lot of flak for his confusing account but I wonder if he was trying not to inflame the issue of alleged anti-semitism in the Labour Party

My understanding is that the memorial was to the 70+ people killed in Tunisia by Israel agents; Conservative and Liberal representatives as well as other international politicians were present and none of the Munich terrorists is buried in the cemetery

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 12:22
Post #16

QUOTE (Redivi @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 08:45) *
He's come in for a lot of flak for his confusing account but I wonder if he was trying not to inflame the issue of alleged anti-semitism in the Labour Party

My understanding is that the memorial was to the 70+ people killed in Tunisia by Israel agents; Conservative and Liberal representatives as well as other international politicians were present and none of the Munich terrorists is buried in the cemetery

Corbyn might have got away with this excuse if it had been a one-off. But it isn't - he's been cosying up to terrorists and other unsavoury types for as long as he's been an MP. He claims that he does this to try to bring about peace by dialogue. Talking to only one side is not peacemaking; talking to only one side, taking that side and criticising the other side is not peacemaking. He appears to be too stupid to see that he is being manipulated. PIRA did it, the Czechs did it, and so, it seems, did the Palestinians. Anyone with any sense (of any party), would recognise that the hosts would be likely to exploit his attendance - there is no such thing as a free trip.

His non-verbal language when questioned on the issue shows that he's lying; and, of course, his story changed from the risible 'I was present but didn't take part' to admitting that he did lay a wreath, but claimed that it was not to terrorists. He's a narcissist who can never admit he's wrong or apologise.

As for not wanting to inflame the anti-Semitism issue, I'm sure that's right - he'd just like it all to go away so that he and his cabal of lickspittles can carry on with their bizarre Zionist conspiracy theories. Perhaps Shami 'Whitewash' Chakrabarti will be along to tell us that 'there's nothing to see here' shortly.

This post has been edited by ViroBono: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 12:23

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 14:47
Post #17

QUOTE (ViroBono @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 13:22) *
Corbyn might have got away with this excuse if it had been a one-off. But it isn't - he's been cosying up to terrorists and other unsavoury types for as long as he's been an MP. He claims that he does this to try to bring about peace by dialogue. Talking to only one side is not peacemaking; talking to only one side, taking that side and criticising the other side is not peacemaking.

All governments talk to proscribed organisations behind the scenes, and often encourage a symbiotic relationship (as Israel does with Hamas).

Leaders of those organisations often become statespeople feted by world leaders in life and death – Mandela, Arafat, Begin, McGuiness.

You make a false equivalence about 'both sides' when one is an oppressor. It's like giving equal time to climate change deniers. Standing up for what's right is Corbyn's track record.

As for "bizarre Zionist conspiracy" there's no need for conspiracy when Israel passes a nation state law that effectively establishes apartheid.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 14:55
Post #18

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:47) *
All governments talk to proscribed organisations

He’s not part of the government though.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:06
Post #19

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:55) *
All governments talk to proscribed organisations

He’s not part of the government though.

Indeed - not yet.

The point is hypocrisy - you can hardly complain about say someone talking to the IRA if Thatcher was doing it. So Corbyn went to meetings with Martin McGuiness - who ended up as a deputy first minister of Northern Ireland.

We need people championing causes and keeping them in the public eye.

The Israel boycott movement is a good example - if you want a laugh see this video of the 'Sussex Friends of Israel' founder in Brighton:

https://youtu.be/_irmCd_nI9A

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:12
Post #20

Member No.: 38,559

......….As for "bizarre Zionist conspiracy" there's no need for conspiracy when Israel passes a nation state law that effectively establishes apartheid.

While I dislike many of the things Israel does, if they were to remove their forces and hang up their weapons, beat the swords into ploughshares, they would cease to exist within a very short space of time.
Exactly the same as in 1948 when the British pulled out and handed the keys to the Palestinians.
It does explain their policies a little, they know they exist solely for as long as they can defend themselves.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here