PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Loading on a double yellow for 5 minutes, Yet another PCN
CatLady
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 14:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,365

Last but not least - had two PCNs for unloading/loading. This one is outside daughter's old flat where we have been loading my car. There was nowhere near the flat to park/stop so I did park on a double yellow. I informally appealed stating the difficulty of loading car and confirming my physical health is not great but no blue badge, just me and my daughter loading belongings into my car. Was observed for 5 Minutes - officer didn't see any loading going on - well we'd probably gone back into house to get more stuff - going to appeal again and look into possible representations because "although we sympathise - not cancelling" well they can *** off mellow.gif

This post has been edited by CatLady: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 19:29
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 14:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 14:55
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

post all the docs and council pics

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 17:23
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 14:55) *

+1
Must see the PCNs !

This is the response to your first informal challenge and they normally give you the Bum's Rush on these because most people then cough-up, so it's a "nice little earner" for them. It would have been better of you had got your daughter to sign a Witness Statement on the loading, plus give some indication of the nature of the goods being unloaded. As this is a legal exemption from the DYLs, you might want to stand your ground and wait for the Notice to Owner, and submit your reps again, but more robustly. However, the discount option is lost at this point, although many councils are now re-offering it to avoid the adjudication costs.
Tell us more about what you were unloading. Normally it would have to be goods of a bulky or heavy nature.

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 19:39
Post #4

Hi I really appreciate your advice and am not ignoring your posts - its just I have been trying to compress my images for hours and I have a severe headache now and didn't even succeed, so got to stop now and try again tomz rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 19:59
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like. Space on forum is limited.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 20:00

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 12:11
Post #6

Hi guys - hope I've done correctly! Many thanks

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 12:21
Post #7

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 17:23) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 14:55) *

+1
Must see the PCNs !

This is the response to your first informal challenge and they normally give you the Bum's Rush on these because most people then cough-up, so it's a "nice little earner" for them. It would have been better of you had got your daughter to sign a Witness Statement on the loading, plus give some indication of the nature of the goods being unloaded. As this is a legal exemption from the DYLs, you might want to stand your ground and wait for the Notice to Owner, and submit your reps again, but more robustly. However, the discount option is lost at this point, although many councils are now re-offering it to avoid the adjudication costs.
Tell us more about what you were unloading. Normally it would have to be goods of a bulky or heavy nature.

I could get a witness statement from daughter (any particular format requirement?). I challenged informally on-line so don't have copy of reps but basically said I was helping daughter move in my little car, van option let us down, so I was going back and forth to Craven Park and would continue to do so as no other option, just me and her. Only said her belongings, I can specify heavy boxes, black bags and small furniture. I said there was nowhere else to park, is all residents permits, which she didn't have, as temporary flat, I'm 61 & although I do not hold a blue badge my mobility is restricted

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 12:48
Post #8

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 14 Dec 2018 - 19:59) *
Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like. Space on forum is limited.

Thank you!! ImgBB is so simple

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 12:54
Post #9

Member No.: 21,551

OP, with respect can you pl post docs and respond to questions.

Both sides of the PCN pl.
Their reply, leave in all dates. Do not transpose, post the docs.
How far from the car was her flat/how was it accessed e.g. entrance doors, 15 flights of stairs or whatever.
What was being moved?
Had the items been prepared for moving beforehand?

Why the above?
The PCN to check for procedural compliance.
How far and access to flat etc.. to explain why you were not seen during 5 minutes' observation.
Items prepared.. because the exemption is loading, not flat clearing, emptying drawers and polishing horizontal surfaces smile.gif

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 14:10
Post #10

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 12:54) *
OP, with respect can you pl post docs and respond to questions.

Both sides of the PCN pl.
Their reply, leave in all dates. Do not transpose, post the docs.
How far from the car was her flat/how was it accessed e.g. entrance doors, 15 flights of stairs or whatever.
What was being moved?
Had the items been prepared for moving beforehand?

Why the above?
The PCN to check for procedural compliance.
How far and access to flat etc.. to explain why you were not seen during 5 minutes' observation.
Items prepared.. because the exemption is loading, not flat clearing, emptying drawers and polishing horizontal surfaces smile.gif

Was parked right outside her flat, pavement and path to ground floor flat. Everything bagged, ready to go in hallway. Numerous large bags containing books, kitchen wear in box, bedside cabinet, hoover, hard drive, large TV, clothes etc - sorry should be LOADING as this is old address. I don't know why we were not seen for 5 minutes, I didn't see enforcement officer, maybe I was in the toilet before starting drive to Craven Park.

*** Furthermore - though they couldn't give a ****, maybe I was going to the toilet and sitting down for 3 minutes as have foot, hip and shoulder problems, can get proof, also offered to send daughter's tenancy agreement

This post has been edited by CatLady: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 14:15

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 18:31
Post #11

Member No.: 42,618

Well "Was parked right outside her flat, pavement and path to ground floor flat. Everything bagged, ready to go in hallway. Numerous large bags containing books, kitchen wear in box, bedside cabinet, hoover, hard drive, large TV, clothes etc " is the start of your formal representations, and any paperowrk corroborating the moving dates should also be included, when we get to that. At this point you need to wait for the Notice to Owner.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 18:32

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 19:31
Post #12

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 18:31) *
Well "Was parked right outside her flat, pavement and path to ground floor flat. Everything bagged, ready to go in hallway. Numerous large bags containing books, kitchen wear in box, bedside cabinet, hoover, hard drive, large TV, clothes etc " is the start of your formal representations, and any paperowrk corroborating the moving dates should also be included, when we get to that. At this point you need to wait for the Notice to Owner.

Thank you very much - meanwhile I'll get together all corroborating evidence I can........ biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 14:43
Post #13

Ok I now have daughter's letter, some medical evidence etc and going to send as can't do any harm.
I now understand what you mean by redacted docs. Take out some info on tenancy agreement, medical record etc. Do you want to see before I send off? Many thanks Dee

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 21:48
Post #14

I suggest you just post a draft of what you plan on sending to the council. Almost all the winnable cases that are lost, are lost because appeals are sent off without being reviewed on here first.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 15:04
Post #15

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 21:48) *
I suggest you just post a draft of what you plan on sending to the council. Almost all the winnable cases that are lost, are lost because appeals are sent off without being reviewed on here first.

I attach docs. I cannot find any evidence of my foot problems but continue to look.

Apologies for delay I had to scan 2 docs to make JPG

Many thanks

This post has been edited by CatLady: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 17:14

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 16:05
Post #16

Add some photos of your daughter's belongings, but on the whole I think you make a compelling case to claim the loading exemption.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 16:06
Post #17

Member No.: 59,924

We don't need to see medical records here - suggest you remove that.

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 17:25
Post #18

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 16:06) *

Thank you kind Sir - have removed Thanks rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 16:05) *
Add some photos of your daughter's belongings, but on the whole I think you make a compelling case to claim the loading exemption.

I'm very pleased that you have that view. My daughter felt there was nothing to lose by mentioning all in her letter

Many thanks for your support and I will of course let you know the outcome

I'm very pleased that you have that view. My daughter felt there was nothing to lose by mentioning all in her letter

+Quote Post
44eldred
post Tue, 22 Jan 2019 - 14:41
Post #19

Member No.: 83,686

I'd recommend removing all names, addresses and car registration from the documents you've posted here.

+Quote Post
CatLady
post Thu, 7 Feb 2019 - 17:01
Post #20

QUOTE (CatLady @ Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 17:25) *

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Appalling grammar again but it's the same women dealing with all 3 of my PCNs icon_cat.gif

I lost, not surprisingly, the unloading the other end but been offered £55 instead of £110, which I'll take

THANK YOU GUYS wub.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (CatLady @ Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 17:25) *

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I lost, not surprisingly, the unloading the other end but been offered £55 instead of £110, which I'll take

THANK YOU GUYS wub.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

This post has been edited by CatLady: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 - 17:00

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here