PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PRIVATE PARKING TICKET ON WINDSCREEN FOR NOT PARKING WITHIN MARKED BAY, Have appealed stating I am not the named driver, just regustered Keepe
Jonohammer
post Sat, 6 Apr 2019 - 22:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,534

Hi

I came out of Hospitsl and had a ticket on my windscreen for parking incorrectly. It is from Parking Eye.

I appealed stating I am the registered Keeper but was not the driver who offended and that I have no legal obligation to disclose who was.

The appesl has been declined so now have POPLA option. Is it right they can now pursue me as the Registered Keeper as I thought that could only happen with "proper" PCN'S and not with Private Parking Firms?

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sat, 6 Apr 2019 - 22:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 7 Apr 2019 - 08:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,457

Yes Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 allows them to claim form the keeper if they don't know the driver, but only if they jump through the required hoops of the Act.

Is this residential parking? a bit more about the situation would help. PE normally get it right but occasionally fail.

Post up the original PCN received, redacted to remove identifying details but leave the dates. The signs would help as well.

This post has been edited by ostell: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 - 08:18

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 17th June 2019 - 04:03
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.