PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

no insurance
kylerob11
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 19:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,176

a week and a half ago I borrowed my mums car under the impression I was a named driver on the insurance the police followed me onto a private road for around a mile after passing me 5 to 10 minutes before they asked me what my name was and if I was insured I told them my name and yes I was a named driver they checked it out and turns out im not on the insurance they said I would be getting charged with no insurance and would get 6 points and a 300 pounds fine they didn't issue me anything on the spot and didn't get me to sign anything but at the time there was a high risk incident involving a large fight including wepons they were meant to be attending the other officers didn't seem interested and they only followed me because they thought I was involved my question is should I have been issued or made to sign something there and then the officer said I may have to go to court they left me with the car and the key also and I was allowed to drive to the end off the private road to get someone to pick the car up
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 19:59
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 20:11
Post #2

Member No.: 96,238

Why did you think you were a named driver ?

What did your mother think ?

+Quote Post
kylerob11
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 20:15
Post #3

me and my mother added me to the policy but it never went through we both thought it did my mother is as shocked as I am

+Quote Post
SPARKY26
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 20:20
Post #4

Member No.: 81,991

QUOTE (Redivi @ Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:11) *

This is not helping the OP one bit it doesn't matter why he thought he was a named driver, also it doesn't matter what his Mother thinks. The OP has asked a question which if you can't answer then please walk away.

This post has been edited by SPARKY26: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 20:24

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 20:44
Post #5

Member No.: 23,623

You will have to see what turns up in the post. When did you first pass your driving test?

+Quote Post
kylerob11
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:04
Post #6

I past my test 4 years ago and have a clean licence

This post has been edited by kylerob11: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:05

+Quote Post
Slapdash
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:13
Post #7

Member No.: 86,040

At least you are outside the new drivers revocation.

You state you were surprised that "it didn't go through" in terms of the add.

Have you spiken to the insurers? It may be if it failed - eg card failure - and they may be prepared to indemnify.

+Quote Post
kylerob11
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:19
Post #8

It was done online it went to a error page and I refreshed it and it come up thank you it obv didn't go through it's my own fault for not checking

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 22:10
Post #9

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (SPARKY26 @ Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:20) *
QUOTE (Redivi @ Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 21:11) *

This is not helping the OP one bit it doesn't matter why he thought he was a named driver, also it doesn't matter what his Mother thinks. The OP has asked a question which if you can't answer then please walk away.

Who made you a moderator? The OP’s reason for believing he was insured is relevant. Wind your neck in.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 22:41
Post #10

Member No.: 42,618

Firstly you could help us to help you by adding in some punctuation, it's very difficult to follow what you've written.

Secondly, there's no need for the officers to give you anything at the roadside, unfortunately when it comes to insurance the law is very strict and either you're insured, or you're not (subject to some exceptions which are not relevant here). Unfortunately all you can do is wait and see if anything turns up in the post.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 00:38
Post #11

Member No.: 317

Your more there needs to get onto the insurance company ASAP and find out why she thought you were on the policy and they believe you are not, do not delay in doing this, if they accept you should have been insured they can provide a letter to confirm this and that would be a defence. Don’t wait like many people to start this until it’s too late to help!

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
rosturra
post Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 09:14
Post #12

Member No.: 93,086

QUOTE (kylerob11 @ Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 22:19) *
It was done online it went to a error page and I refreshed it and it come up thank you it obv didn't go through it's my own fault for not checking

If you did this online, then usually there would have been a payment [ Additional premium or at least an admin charge], and an auto-generated email.

Check your (or mother's) email history - including junk mail .

I would also check your (or your mother's) bank / credit card statements.

If payment taken, your insurance company may still indemnify you, even if the website failed to complete the transaction.

This post has been edited by rosturra: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 09:20

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 12:21
Post #13

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (rosturra @ Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 10:14) *
If payment taken, your insurance company may still indemnify you, even if the website failed to complete the transaction.

If a payment was taken then as a matter of law the insurance company accepted the liability, and the insurance was in force, even if they messed up their internal records.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:38
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here