Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Whats to speed I've meant to have broken, No speed limit on NIP
nepsololtu
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 14:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,390

In a nutshell:

A644 BRIGHOUSE AND DENHOLME ROAD, KEELHAM, BETWEEN THORNTON ROAD AND DEEP LANE.

Thought the road was a 40, but not 100%
Saw the van
Slowed down the 30 (to be safe)
clocked at 39
NIP arrived in record time. (next time I'm burgled instead of calling 999, I'll just hop in the car. I'll have their attention immediately)

NIP arrived addressed to business. Went on the website to nominate myself (instead of the business) as the driver.

My question is... the area on the NIP which states "the speed limit at the time" doesn't have a number before the "MPH". Does it have to?

So now I'm thinking... If it is a 40, they've cocked up. If it's a 30, that's annoying and if it's a 20, oh ****.

Very much doubt it's a 20 but you never know these days. A pensioner sneezes and they drop the speed limit and put suspension killers in.

None of the people I've asked know what the speed limit is. Most likely its a 30 which should put me in scope for a naughty boys course to keep my licence untarnished.

Is it common to not state the road limit?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 14:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 14:40
Post #2

Member No.: 317

No it doesn't have to tell you the limit.

Looking at Google Street view, it's quite obviously a 30mph road and signed as such (check highway code if in doubt on how to tell what the speed limit is). Not sure why you would 'think' it was a 40 or speculate it may be a 20 for that matter. Slowing once you see a mobile camera is usually pointless.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7850834,-...3312!8i6656

Even more obvious from the village end
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7871963,-...3312!8i6656

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 14:44

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
nepsololtu
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 14:59
Post #3

Member No.: 114,390

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 15:40) *
No it doesn't have to tell you the limit.

Looking at Google Street view, it's quite obviously a 30mph road and signed as such (check highway code if in doubt on how to tell what the speed limit is). Not sure why you would 'think' it was a 40 or speculate it may be a 20 for that matter. Slowing once you see a mobile camera is usually pointless.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7850834,-...3312!8i6656

Even more obvious from the village end
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7871963,-...3312!8i6656

Seems odd they'd include a space for the speed limit and not include it. Cheers for the reply.

Re the 'think'... honest mistake... I only hit the road from one direction (going up the hill) and 200 yards further up it is actually 40 (if google maps is up to date). I'll pay the toll and move on.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 15:39
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (nepsololtu @ Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 15:59) *
Seems odd they'd include a space for the speed limit and not include it. Cheers for the reply.

They often do but as noted above it's not a requirement.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 14 Oct 2021 - 17:54
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

Some things are required on a NIP and could invalidate it if they are missing. The speed limit is not one of them (as long as it informs the recipient of the nature of the alleged offence).

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 11:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here